Reviews for Draco Malfoy and the Practice of Rationality
Let Down Reader chapter 62 . 4/27/2016
This reminds me of all those classics.

You know, where Sam and Frodo are at the base of Mount Doom, spending the last sentences wondering how they'll summon the will to go the last leg of their journey.

And the last sentence in Ender's Game, when Bean reminds Ender that the Enemy's Gate is Down.

And the last paragraph of Harry Potter, describing his trek to the forest and the mindset of being ready to die.

Wait, no. Those all *don't* end the story there; they continue on to dramatically resolve the plot.

But, hey, why bother with that? The *last* thing readers want after going through a 62-chapter, 184-thousand-word story is closure and narrative resolution.
ALex chapter 41 . 3/22/2016
Ok Seriously, I am very much enjoying this book, but I am getting rather irked at the consistency with which you do not share the final results of battles. I could understand the previous ones, but this one was so much larger in scope. Ive read on a bit further, still nothing. Frustrating.
Towndwarf chapter 1 . 3/14/2016
Really huge thanks for the book.
Was very interesting, however
- I expected to read something a bit funny (like 'Tracey Davis ate my soul').
- The last chapter discovered "just an average detective story", when initially quite good person turns to be "Dr. Evil", just because his persistency in some idea.
I was expecting to get a bit of "fairytale story", cheerful and giving credits, but not a story with quite expected ending of an average dull life (Potter and Granger) with a taste of bitter, many years preserved pickles of revenge (Malfoy).
- expecting some co-working and discoveries, like the story of MalfoyGranger despite being obvious, still had many interesting openings... and so on.

Also, the story is, in contradiction to HPMOR, where every story is actually relatively short and simple (or simplisticly plotted, allowing any reader to grab hints), you overcomplicated it a bit (to my taste). Means, I was overloaded by many details, without much clues and "hints".
The last thing: have you ever seen 12 years old boys and girls acting like here? ;)
/I do have my kids, so I know what I'm talking about :))/
Anyway, I really pleased reading your work.
Thanks
Diego chapter 6 . 3/14/2016
I find it really hard to believe thar McGonagall or any other headmaster including Dumbledore would agree so easily with going against such ancient traditions. I like to think she'd at least offer a little more fight before she completely gives in, or maybe Harry could advocate for him and theres where Minerva wpuld reconsider given the bond she fomed with Harry in the past year.
Guest chapter 9 . 3/13/2016
Alarming indeed.
Guest chapter 7 . 3/12/2016
Oh dear god.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/12/2016
Resorting. Hm.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/12/2016
It does seem ridiculous for them to be Second years, doesn't it?
Guest chapter 4 . 3/12/2016
Damn, I keep forgetting to copy the typos.
Guest chapter 3 . 3/12/2016
I'm confused. It sounded like Draco found the diary.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/12/2016
Strange.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/12/2016
Good start, seems pretty true to HPMOR.
humanoidpatronus chapter 1 . 3/12/2016
The beginning is astounding! I love the way, the Stone has been disguised as the 'chalice'..Thank u for reopening the era of hpmor
Guest chapter 23 . 2/26/2016
"Oh, I was just wondering what the record was," said Harry.

This is almost certainly a terrible sign
6r1d chapter 27 . 2/1/2016
This chapter was enlighting for me! I've read it a month ago and I like the solution method.
My friend liked the puzzle too. Thanks for that.
231 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »