Reviews for Never Say Never
TrashRatz chapter 56 . 1/16
This fanfic is soo fricking gooood, the detail the story and character development is amazing. I can’t wait for the next chapter! Keep up the awesome work!
Mallory16 chapter 56 . 1/13
Well, heaven knows I'd have to read this eventually, what with it starring Mukuro, my all-time favorite Danganronpa character. And it did not disappoint! Mukuro feels so, well, Mukuro! She feels so right in the story, so true to her character, or who her character could be if she didn't die so soon. And I love it, Mukky becoming the Team Mom, seemingly unintentionally XD

Cele... err, Taeko is as I can imagine her being in her current situation. Kinda' sad that she doesn't want Mukky to help her. She needs help right now, and she seems to know that she needs help, but she's still pushing people away.

Mukuro and Kyoko... a lot isn't being shown with what they're talking about. It seems Kyoko knows that Mukuro isn't actually Junko, and Kyoko believes that Mukuro is on their side... probably, but still not totally convinced. And she seems aware that Mukuro can't tell her certain things.

Sayaka really is sweet, even if she's reminded us there is another side to her. It's nice to get to see both sides of Sayaka, and she also seems to have a cute relationship with Leon, however that happened XD

Hina's so broken, and it's sad to see her broken like this. I hope she and Ce... Taeko are able to make up with each other. Probably with Mukuro's help, but we'll see how that goes XD

Hiro's still an idiot, Byakuya's still an ass, and Toko is still... whatever you'd call her. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone was on Mukuro's side by the end of the fic. Possibly even Junko herself! Ha ha, probably not, but still, the way the fic's going there does seem to be a small chance XD
Speedstreak chapter 56 . 1/7
Hey, I just finished reading and I have to admit, this is one of the best fanfictions that I have ever read! I quite a fan of the Danganronpa series and I loved how this alternate timeline is going. I really liked how you incorporated all of the characters who originally died in the game into the later chapters and I not only enjoyed how you switched perspectives to show what each character is doing, but as well as how the characters reacted and grew in each chapter! I couldn't stop reading it! Please continue with this.
Guest chapter 56 . 12/13/2020
This is amazing, I can’t wait for the next part.
SkullWolfSteam chapter 56 . 11/15/2020
hope you update this soon i spend 2 days bingeing this whole fic and i enjoyed the whole lot sucks it ended so far on a ciffhanger and aint been updated in like 2 or so months so i hope this gets an update before years end untill next time tho keep up the great work.
bulk Locke the the grim head chapter 56 . 11/5/2020
i really love this fic plus i like what your doing with hiro I've seen a few fic authors toss him aside and focus on the others which sucks to since i like his character it's not too out of character and i like that all and all. SSS rank job this story rocks
derp chapter 56 . 10/31/2020
Cooldude101011

Check the Never Say Never tropes page if you want the full rundown on Chihiro’s characterisation in this fic.

If you want the tl;dr:

By the time the writer finished the School Days mode, this fic was already about 20-30 chapters in and it wasn’t worth rewriting 2-3 years worth of content, so he just kept trans-Chihiro as creative liberty.

Got a problem with that, read something else.
Cooldude101011 chapter 51 . 10/11/2020
In the lore Chihiro is not trans. He cross dressed due to bullying and a inferiority/weakness complex. In the lore Chihiro identifies as male.

I do not mean to offend anyone, I’m just curious as to why you made Chihiro trans in this fic? All I’d like is just a answer to that question and I’m fine. I am throughly enjoying this fanfic (I ain’t gonna let a pet peeve about the lore stop me from enjoying this fanfic) and your writing is quite good.
Cooldude101011 chapter 18 . 10/9/2020
I’m pretty sure that in the lore Chihiro does indeed identify as male. He only cross dressed to escape bullying
Guest chapter 52 . 9/30/2020
I like it how you didn't write Celeste in the "students who lost the will to kill".

Maybe you're saving it for her redemption moment?

From what we learned at the prologue, we need all students to lose the will to kill, because Junko said in the prologue that if even one of them votes for despair then they all die.
Guest chapter 56 . 9/30/2020
Oh that's just rich.

Imagine snitching out on a traitor, especially Mukuro who's basically keeping the whole group together, just to be thrown out of your safe haven into an apocalyptic world full of terrorists, famine and starvation.

When you think about it, this motive doesn't really offer much in comparison to graduating. The only difference is that you get to leave without anyone other than the traitor dying. It's now more than ever that the class need to sit down and think what's really waiting outside for them to turn on each other now. What's the condition of the world?

I really wonder how that motive will be resolved in a harmless way that won't have anyone executed. Mukuro and Sakura are in for a rough time.

If Byakuya snitches, he'll be thrown outside alone without his harlot, and I don't think he wants to have that without knowing what expects him outside, or without knowing the current status of the Togami family. Toko wouldn't snitch because she wants, more than anything, to be with Byakuya.

At this point - Kyoko won't snitch because she doesn't want to leave Makoto, and everyone else, to die. Same for Makoto, Chihiro, Taka and Mondo. They already solidified their friendship together.

Hina obviously won't snitch on Sakura, and Sakura won't snitch on anyone else. Leon won't leave Sayaka alone, and I think the same goes for Sayaka.

Mukuro can't let herself leave without settling the score with Junko.

This only leaves Taeko, Hifumi and Hiro. Hifumi and Hiro are definitely in the dark and won't be able to make a correct suggestion without the fear of getting it wrong.

A more important question right now is to ask not if there's a traitor, but if there's someone who's actively cooperating or relaying information to the mastermind to hinder the group's escape efforts. Executing a traitor who's no longer colluding with the mastermind, like Sakura and Mukuro, isn't much different than executing someone in a bullying trial.
Carameleo chapter 30 . 9/30/2020
I really have to say - that reconciliation scene was nothing short of amazing. You really know how to stir up emotions in your readers, the way Sayaka just lashed out at Makoto after he took responsibility for the camera was so intense, raw and fierce.
It felt real, something true to the character that you built for her, something that she really would say to Makoto after such a long time in which she pretended to not care for him.

I'm so happy that the three of them are friends now!

That being said - I wonder what Junko's fate would be. Obviously, I wouldn't want to get spoiled, but I think that now when nobody's dying - the true ultimate despair for her would actually be NOT GETTING THE ULTIMATE DESPAIR OF FEELING DEATH.

I wonder if there's any way to fix her up, maybe with Amnesia again, or the fact that nobody's watching the killing game anymore as there's no snuff.
Carameleo chapter 49 . 9/29/2020
YEAH BABY TAKA IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
Guesttt chapter 56 . 9/29/2020
I still hope Taeko gets redeemed somehow.

Why the hell doesn't it let me post my reviews?!

Anyways, truly wish that the fanfic stays true to the prologue, and everyone actually gets to live. You don't have to kill of any of the characters to generate a feeling of suspense or thrill, you managed to do it extremely well up until now
Guest chapter 51 . 9/29/2020
I think Hina is honestly being a hypocrite.

For someone who condemned Taka's behavior for Mondo's betrayal, she really wastes no time in literally torturing Celeste instead of trying to find a more civil solution to the aftermath.

Really hope they learn to get along, at least somewhat. Even more so considering the fact that, in the end, the one at fault here is Monokuma, and much more heinous classmates exists like Byakuya, who could literally do the same thing to Hina and really manage to fool her all the way to the verdict.