Reviews for I am Jean Paul
NotGayCanadian chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I remember when Northstar came out and the whole laughable fairy subtext was added. It was convenient to experiment with the character because he was a real obnoxious French-Canadian (a cultural norm IMHO), not likable, and member of a pretty pathetic superhero group (Alpha Flight). In short, he wasn't a significant enough character to give a rat's ss about. Now it's May 2012 and he's getting legally hitched to a dreadlocked black guy, putting two minorities to the forefront of any rag desperate to sell copies. Pretty pathetic. Marvel doesn't have a great track record with their characters, but Northstar should have been axed long ago. Yuck.
The Scratch Man chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Great story! but maybe you should change the category to the X Men comics! I think people will be able to find this story better!
Cat 2 chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
I ahve complete sympathy, though more having various Disability labels stuck on me. Especially during the exam period I just want to be, not a label, not a number, not a static. this is a truely excellent story. the bit about wolverine is very good.
altheak and artemiss chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
i love the way you write!

i would be pleased to read your next story, you know, the one which is entitled "Born Normal"! because "i'm jp" could be a nice beginning of JP's novel!

emmaofdiamond chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
Might I say, standing ovation. I think that this story captures the frustration of never fitting in, of being different among the different. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
Sempai Tnberry chapter 1 . 5/5/2003
*sniff* Made me cry.

Brilliant ... you've really got a handle on his character. Now I've got to go read more of your work. Lovely job _
keeyah chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
That was great, you express JP's thoughts perfectly.
Ish chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
Beautiful. :) love you, love Jean-Paul..
Fairady chapter 1 . 1/24/2003
lovely. you do have his voice down perfectly. does that mean you'll be writing more with him?

i know what you mean. i can't say i'm fond of how they dealt with his character in alpha flight. oh well. heres to hoping they'll do better with him in the x-men series.
Brenda Shaffer-Shiring chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
I do know who Jean-Paul Beaubier is (I even read the dreadful elf-issue you referenced), and I'd say you've *found* his voice: proud, lonely, complex. Merci!
Lizard2 chapter 1 . 12/18/2002

Aaaah, this is very sweet. You know I love all your stuff, but this is pretty heavy on the angst and 'striving for justice' sort of thing, which makes it even better! Love it to bits, haven't a clue who you're talking about or what comic this is, but still love it none-the-less.

See ya!