Reviews for Life Goes On
Guest chapter 10 . 11/20/2017
Good good
Guest chapter 6 . 11/20/2017
Good
Endrius chapter 15 . 7/23/2017
It's alive!
ljovanja chapter 14 . 6/6/2016
I am sorry if this review is slightly off topic, but I have to ask this... Have you ever thought about doing a crossover of ME and Lost?
Masso 2010 chapter 1 . 5/27/2016
not sure I agree with the whole losing the leg and figures think
theaterman007 chapter 13 . 2/13/2016
Wow the mood of this story changed quick. I guess I should have almost seen it coming considering that we still haven't had the trial yet. Throw this in the mix and it's going to be tough for Shepard and Ashley to defend themselves now. But like you said, they are fighters so I'm sure they'll figure some way to solve this.

One thing I especially liked about this chapter was Ashley's struggle to be the strong one. She's a strong women on her own but Shepard's the one that's had to take the brunt of all the terrible stuff that happened in the war. Now that Shepard's hurt both physically and emotionally, Ashley's now the one who has to take charge to get them through this and I feel you captured very well what she would do and think in that situation. Great job.

I'll be looking forward to your next chapter and seeing more developments in the Thorian plot (although your warning that the story is going to get darker is almost making me afraid to see what Ashley and the crew find on the mission. The stuff they found on the last mission wasn't exactly pleasant.) Still keep up the great work.
theaterman007 chapter 11 . 11/26/2015
James and Miranda? Hmm. I personally believe that James and Jack would be a better couple but this is your story so you tell it how you want. I admit I am a bit curious to see how this new development plays out.

Now that I have that out of my system let's talk about the good stuff.

This chapter was well worth the wait. I loved everything about it even the title. I never would have thought of using the site of Shepard and Garrus' shooting contest for the proposal so bravo for your amazing choice. I have to say this is hands down one of the best Shepley proposal scenes I've read on this site (and I've read plenty.) Great job. (APPLAUSE). Can't wait to see what happens next.
SpectreStatus313 chapter 11 . 11/23/2015
The proposal was very good and emotional, great job! Looking forward to more.
SpectreStatus313 chapter 10 . 9/13/2015
This was a good chapter, a few grammar mistakes but everything was understandable. I like how Ashley treats Shepard in your story, she's very patient with him even though it wears her down sometimes. Glad you decided to give us some more background on Darbyshire, he seems like a nice character who respects Shepard. I can't wait to see how you are going to do the proposal and I want to know what will come from the trial. Sad to hear the updates will be slowing down because I really like this story.

Hope all goes well with school. Take care!
forthealliance93 chapter 9 . 8/31/2015
Good job. I like it so far. I love that shepherd is hurt and not 100%. He has some physical and Psychological problems.
SpectreStatus313 chapter 9 . 8/20/2015
Nice job on this chapter. First after thinking it over, I will agree with Theaterman007. The Thorian encounter was a little rushed . Some Thorian Creepers attacking Ash and Vega as they ran away would have enhanced the scene more, I did like the part where Ash sliced one of the tentacles with her omni-blade. That is something I think BioWare themselves failed on with certain Soldier class allies, they never used omni-blades like Shepard did. I'm glad you are making use of them. There is another very very minor detail that could be fixed that I'm sure many people glossed over but I know Mass Effect like the back of my hand. In the QEC room when Ashley reports to Admiral Hackett, she explains the mission and mentions the Throian to Hackett and the admiral never asked for an explanation of what the Thorian was. Like I said this is a very minor detail but Centaurus if you remember when Shepard encountered the Thorian on Feros, that mission was an assignment from the Council as a Spectre and not a mission from the Alliance. All Spectre activities would be classified above the access of the Alliance so Hackett never actually knew anything about the Thorian Shepard killed on Feros. All he was probably told was that Shepard repelled a Geth invasion on a human colony. So Hackett should have asked Ashley to explain what the Thorian was when she mentioned it.

Overall though this was a great chapter. I can't wait to see what happens with this trial. Keep up the good work!
theaterman007 chapter 9 . 8/19/2015
Not bad. The whole first part of the chapter, I was on the edge of my seat wondering what Ashley and her team would find. I was definitely not expecting what they ended up finding and am now curious as to what it all means. For the most part it was a good introduction to some action elements in this story. My one critique would be that I felt the scene with the thorian was a bit rushed. i know there's not much Ashley and James could have done against a creature as big as a thorian on their own but it just felt like one minute the thorian appeared and then I blinked and Ashley and Vega were safe. It might just be me but I felt that there could have been more in that scene.

Besides that, this was another fine chapter. I'm anxious to see how Shepard and Ashley do against the other admirals in the trial and later learn more about who's behind what happened on Erinle. Keep up the good work
SpectreStatus313 chapter 8 . 8/1/2015
Hey Centaurus! This was a very good chapter. I'll start of with a mistake I found though. The chapter says that Ashley boarded the Normandy, went to the CIC and met with Traynor. They both then took elevator to the War Room to get a debriefing. That would be wrong Centaurus. According to the layout of the Normandy SR2, The War Room is on the same level as the CIC. You don't take an elevator to get to the War Room, you pass through the door left of the elevator, go through a guarded security scan gate, and then proceed down the hall and get to the War Room. Not that big of a deal but it could confuse other people who don't know these details like I do.

Everything else about the chapter was great. I like 2nd Lt. Marino, I hope we get to read more about her. The mission looks like it's going to be cool, a lot of mystery surrounding it which is exciting. Finally the playful conversation between Shepard and Ash was nice, I liked it.

Can't wait for your next update! I'll be waiting!
theaterman007 chapter 7 . 7/16/2015
Very nice chapter. Shepard may not be physically healed yet but it's nice to see that he's starting to get better emotionally. Can't wait to see him propose to Ashley. I also applaud the step you've taken to begin telling multiple storylines. Up until now you've been focusing on Shepard and his recovery. I can't wait to see what awaits Ashley on her mission.

Keep up the great work on this great story which has now earned a well deserved spot on my favorite stories list.

On a side note, I'm really glad I watched Lost when it first aired thus not having the temptation to binge watch it. Of course that just meant that I had to endure the long hiatus' between episodes they had throughout their run.
SpectreStatus313 chapter 7 . 7/15/2015
I really liked this chapter Centaurus. I keep saying this but you have really improved so much and it's true. I love how this chapter in particular sets many questions up for the reader about the future. What is Ashley's mission really about and who's going with her? When will Shepard finally get his cloned parts back? How will the Alliance Parliament handle their two most famous soldiers breaking fraternization rules? (In my opinion Shepard could retire from the Alliance but still work for the Council as a SPECTRE). How will Shepard's proposal go? These are questions that make me excited about this story.

I do have one criticism. This Lt. Darbyshire, with Ashley away now I'm assuming that this character is going to stick around escorting Shepard correct? Well it would have been nice to know a little bit more about this character, what he looks like, where he's from, or where he was during the Reaper War. Just some info to make him come alive more. I know how easily this probably was to forget because most of the characters in this story we already know a lot about them through the games but always remember when introducing your own original characters to give us readers details about them otherwise they will fall flat.

You have gotten me really excited about this story and I can't wait for the next chapter!

P.S. - I'm currently on Season 5 of Lost right now and I agree, it's one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.