Reviews for Black Swan
Kalebgrimm chapter 8 . 9/2/2019
quistis: ohhhhhhh I'ma dick
guest chapter 2 . 11/5/2018
this is so amazing1 long live seifer/quistis and their beauty-chemistry :)
RainbowKiss chapter 18 . 8/27/2017
Aw my goodness. I think I've been pierced by the seifistis arrow. This was so wonderful, an emotional roller coaster, page turner lovely fic about my fave ff8 characters. The love scenes were so charged and steamy it surprised me that i had enjoyed reading these chapters! I even cried when zell *gasp* (spoiler, no)! oh let me spare other readers of this cruelty. But that said, please write more seifistis.
Chundercat chapter 18 . 4/16/2017
This was a fun read and very much an emotion twister. I haven't ever read a fic where a member of the team dies, and the bit with Shiva and quistis really gave me an emotion beating. Having been a fan of ff8 for a long time that was a very harsh chapter to read but definitely added an extra dimension for me.
I did enjoy seifer and quistis' interaction throughout, in particular the exploration of their insecurities. It was a nice feeling that at the end of it after what they had been through they were happy, I think the story needed it after the death, I definitely did!
Overall it was a lot of fun to read and thank you very much for the time you put in to create it. I will certainly be reading your other work.
AJ Maxima chapter 18 . 3/17/2016
I'm glad these two finally got their shit together. Excuse my language. When I think of this couple Katy Perry's song Hot and Cold immediately plays on repeat in my head-that and some other random playlists but I won't go into detail. I'm glad that there was fluff here; balanced all the angst out and I've gotta say I've enjoyed reading this fic (sorry for sounding cliche; you might get that a lot but it's true on my end). I think this is the first lengthy story that's given me enough depth to want to review each chapter so thank you!

And thanks for giving me a roller coaster of emotions along the way!

-AJ
AJ Maxima chapter 17 . 3/17/2016
Aw, the hotdogs... I think a little girl is fitting for them, but either gender would suit them in different ways. It's nice that the group was all there to see. Hopefully Quistis and Seifer can hash out their depressing aftermaths and move on. Their friend died for a reason, after all, hopefully it wasn't in vain. It'd make no sense for them not to be together at this point. Selphie's talk was spot on earlier, too.
AJ Maxima chapter 16 . 3/17/2016
I'm on the agreeing side of Seifer with this lover's spat. He seems to have genuinely cared for Zell and I'm sure no friend would want there friend to sacrifice themselves protecting them. Quistis asked the wrong question but I get that it's because she's upset. I just think she should've looked at the situation from both sides. I loved this chapter, mostly because I'm an angst freak but hey, to each his own.
Quistis88 chapter 18 . 3/7/2016
You've written an absolutely wonderful thing here. The dynamics you created and weaved between everyone are true to character and incredibly fun - definitely tugs at the heart strings in many moments. When I first discovered this a couple of days ago, I couldn't stop. Thank you for sharing this. :)
siobhane chapter 18 . 2/10/2016
Ughhhhh, all my feels. I knew about Zell in advance and I still wasn't prepared. Totally lost it when Quistis took the Hotdog to the memorial. I was FINE until then. And then I baeled again when Seifer told Quistis what happened. Just...ugh. Totally my headcanon for Zell, though. He'd do some wreckless, dangerous thing to make sure his friends were happy and alive. Even if it meant he wasn't and just...waaahhh!

I also think Seifer's reaction was very him-he would not be okay with it at all and I liked/hated how he handled it (seriously, dude, run away like a baby, you big stubbornhead, but soooooo Seifer). Also, lived that he gave her a key to the house and not a ring...perfect.

Excellent story and I'm glad it ended happily. Well done and this gets added the my faves!
siobhane chapter 10 . 2/5/2016
*flails*

Woooohoooo!
siobhane chapter 9 . 2/5/2016
What do you do when you're stuck on a plane for eleventy billion hours? Catch up on fanfic! (Yay for plane wi-fi otherwise, I'd die of boredom)

Blerg!

1) I love slow burn fics. I know you said it started slow, but it really hasn't felt that way. The build up has been great and I've thoroughly enjoyed the Seifer/Quistis interactions so far.

2) I also have a huge soft spot for investigative/police procedural type stories so this is right up my alley. I was not expecting it to take that turn for some reason-but I like it.

3) Cliffhangers are the devil! At least U don't have to wait for more though.

I am loving this.
AJ Maxima chapter 15 . 1/15/2016
Hey girly! Been a while!

I like how Quistis casually dropped the sleeping arrangements. (_) I think I said this before but I really like the relationship between Seifer and Zell. Their banter is calming somehow. The radio scene had me chuckling.

But damn it all, by the end of the chapter... the feels are amazing right now. What a heartbreaking cliff hanger! Wish it wasn't Zell but it makes some good angst.

This'll take me a while to read the rest (just finished all my exams and I'm way behind on all of my entire alerts lists ( •ω• )). Only one more chapter to go! I see you've got two epilogues. Don't really see that often so looking forward to reading them.
murky burning chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
I read this story last week but am just now faving and reviewing it. I apologize in advance for any rambling!

I first played FFVIII back when it first came out, but I didn't start shipping Seifer/Quistis until recently, during on a nostalgic re-play of the game. I'm pretty sure I low-key shipped them back when I was still a pre-teen. I don't know why I was always so hesitant to start shipping them, but this time, I decided "what the heck, why not start reading Seiftis fics and see what happens?"

This is one of the first Seiftis fics that I came across, and I'm so glad it's the first one I decided to read. It's exactly what I wanted and envisioned for Seifer and Seiftis post-game, and the UST and BST you created between Seifer & Quistis during the build-up of their relationship was perfect. Because I was still new to shipping Seiftis, there were many parts during the story where I squealed like a giddy fangirl, and other parts where I had to read while hiding behind my hands like, "my body is not ready!" and "this is too much, I can't!" But that's a good thing, because those are signs that I'm thoroughly enjoying what I'm reading! I've read other Seiftis fics now besides this one, but to me, this one just can't be beat. It's my favorite Seiftis fic, and I'm positive that it will remain my favorite, so thank you so much for writing it!
Hyne chapter 14 . 12/29/2015
Why did this entire chapter remind me of my husband? Aw, I feel alllllll is full of loooooooove. Such a wonderful feeling to end the night with! Man, this pairing.
Hyne chapter 13 . 12/29/2015
Sigh. Seifer I would NEVER lead you on. Sidenote: 5 fucking chapters left. No, no, nononononono noooooooooo.