Reviews for The Road to be a Pokemon Master: Orange Islands Arc
kidneysrgood chapter 9 . 7/20
Great chapter either way! Really liked it!
IchiFell chapter 3 . 4/20
Huh. I had never seen a solution like that before to the Fearow problem, and I honestly prefer this to just religating the Pokemon to be a token bad 'mon. It just feels like a more sweet, sincere ending to the problem than anything else.
Fox McCloude chapter 23 . 4/2
*Phew*, and finally done with the second arc. Quite the ride, but just like the first, well worth it. I liked the early appearance of Harrison, and the fact that Lapras gets to stay this time around (one of the two only releases I let slide along with Butterfree's, if only because Ash had promised to do so from the start). The Gym challenges were all pretty good and while staying true to their spirit, making them different to increase difficulty made them the much better. The Movie 2 arc was pretty good too, and increasing the tension with Serena and Ash's fallout (still, I really hate those situations where something like a name slip causes such a disaster either because one part can't clear things up or the other refuses to listen). I had the feeling the previous Orange League winner would be someone close to Ash. Didn't expect it would have been Silver, though, nice twist.

Alright, time to go to Johto!
Fox McCloude chapter 9 . 3/26
I've actually liked that you added something different to the first two Orange Gym challenges. Wonder what's coming for the remaining four.
Fox McCloude chapter 3 . 3/26
Well, it's a pretty good start, and a nice way to avoid releasing Pidgeot. Still, I think this was an interesting interpretation of Fearow's character. I've always assumed it just doesn't let go of the grudge and that's why it attacks Ash again when he passes through that path again.
XxMystical FirexX chapter 23 . 3/7
Another arc complete! Got nothing to say except that it was really great! Especially how you brought out the power of one movie! I just loved it! Now onto the Johto Arc!
Ander Arias chapter 23 . 2/12
You know, most fans don't tend to look back at the Orange Islands arc very fondly. Guess that it's due not being based on a game, and thus it hardly introduces new elements, like new Pokemon or new mechanics. Some people go as far to call it filler, even if Ash caught Snorlax and it was the season in which Charizard finally started to obey him. Hell, I've seen somebody describing the Orange Islands as the "poor man's Alola".

Yet your take on the Orange Islands was simply epic. Guess than, when you cut the filler, get rid of the Team Rocket Trio (seriously, their abscence alone made this adaptation all the better), emphasize the season's strong points such as the radically different gyms, and add more interesting content, you get something much better than what the anime showed us.

No chapter was ever boring, or even subpar. In fact, the only chapter I didn't like much was "The Broken Promise", mostly because how a tiny slip was blown out of proportion just to give Ash and Serena's relationship a personal crisis to overcome.

And speaking of Serena...wonder what will be of her, with Lugia's omnious warning about her becoming Ash's greatest enemy. I'm just unable to picture Serena in such way.

Also, something I feel the need to point out, even if I'm sure that other reviewers did: Wartortle using Skull Bash and Rapid Spin on Drake's Gengar. Normal type attacks has no effect on Ghosts, so there's no way for Wartortle to win in such way.

Well, it was a really enjoyable read. Now, onwards to Johto!
Sungazing chapter 23 . 2/6
Awesome chapter and wonderful work with this arc. It has been entertaining throughout this series so far. Keep it up.
Sungazing chapter 22 . 2/5
Great job.
Sungazing chapter 21 . 2/4
Togepi is awesome.

Great job on the preliminaries. It was a good battle.
Sungazing chapter 20 . 2/2
Wow. Amazing work.
Sungazing chapter 19 . 2/2
You didn't disappoint. Awesome chapter.

Action, adventure, drama, and a bit of foreshadowing to tie it all up. Keep up the good work.
Sungazing chapter 18 . 2/1
Exciting times ahead. Keep up the good work.
Sungazing chapter 17 . 2/1
Wow, way to kick em while they're down.

Nice job with this chapter.
Sungazing chapter 16 . 2/1
Wow, what a cliffhanger. Awesome work on this chapter. Keep ramping up the suspense.
1,097 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »