Reviews for Thrower of the Dart
V01dSw0rd chapter 3 . 3/13
“Rewriting timealso, without any physical evidence people are going to intentionally ’forget’. (They’d rather believe it’s a delusion than knock out the foundation of how they think the world works)
I love it
Guest chapter 6 . 11/17/2021
Guest chapter 10 . 8/18/2021
I adore your prose and I love this story. Well done on another successful fanfiction. Keep up the great work! Stay healthy.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/18/2021
…I can totally see something like that happening. Fowl family dead, Arty nukes the world and spends the rest of his lifetime moping about with the fair folk. They can’t go up and disturb bad memories til he’s long dead because radioactivity, and he’s cleared the world of Mud Men for them. Obv there’s a lot wrong with this mental image but it’s pretty much what I see happening
Porky Johnson chapter 1 . 8/9/2021
I really liked Book Six, but I like your fic even more.
T-tawny chapter 3 . 7/16/2021
I LOVE THIS FIC Arty boy wah
GreatT'Phon1of4 chapter 10 . 7/14/2021
Om nom nom nommmmm... Did I mention you're awesome? You are. Despite not quite displaying Artemis's brains to the full extent I think you could have, I think that more comes down to a difference between Eoin Colfer's writing style and your own. Overall quite well written and a very enjoyable read.
Porky Johnson chapter 10 . 6/28/2021
This is much, much better than Atlantis Complex.
Excellent plot-original even-beautiful characterization-Tony, Artemis, Phil, Steve, Artemis Fowl Snr.-and LOTR-loving genii. Tony's smart, sure, but Artemis makes him look like an amateur in the battle of the wits.
Even Steve-he's not the hunk of meat he's usually treated as, which is refreshing. Clint isn't one-dimensional. Artemis' disappearance leads to ripple effects which are valid. Holly and Artemis have a great dynamic too.
Just, I never expected to read an Avengers and Artemis Fowl crossover with so much depth and gravitas.
Jessandra chapter 10 . 2/15/2021
Wow. This is a fantastic xover story, staying largely true to both stories. I love poor strong broken Artemis. And you foreshadowed Opal just enough in the early chapters. Feel free to write more in this universe!
Hedwig chapter 10 . 8/16/2020
This book is amaaaaaaazzziiiinnnngggg. I loved the ending and I thought you captured all the characters personalities perfectly, please tell me if you write more books like this
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 10 . 7/27/2020
A wonderful story here so far!
MystiYew chapter 10 . 7/2/2020
A stellar self contained book. I really, really, loved this. Thanks for sharing.
Murkglow chapter 4 . 6/29/2020
My biggest hurdle with this story (which I love and have read countless times, just to be clear) is that I've never even remotely understood why Artemis, or more accurately the people around him keep telling him, should love/get along with/forgive his family. Frankly at every point in here the default stance is Artemis and his father should be together and he should never stop trying to "fix" whatever issues there are that are preventing this... Honestly, while it's sad that Artemis does love his family and did go through hell and back for them, I think he should let them go. Move out (he's legally old enough now) and let that be it. It sucks but frankly with how his family treats him? He would be much healthier and better off without them. Just because they are family and you want to love them doesn't mean it is bound to work out if you just keep trying hard enough. Not all families are healthy or good for you and Artemis Sr in this is certainly an example of such in my eyes.
Jaysnow-Silverblaze chapter 10 . 6/28/2020
I just want to say (especially after watching the disaster that was the Artemis Fowl movie) that this is the most beautiful thing I've ever read in my life (though Embers is really close ngl).
Even making it a rather unorthodox crossover with marvel it managed to come across as believable, in character, thought provoking, and fascinating. I don't have words to explain how amazing this is. There are very few fan fictions on this site or others that capture Artemis's essence so perfectly. It is a true boon to the fandom.
On top of that I have read it more than a dozen times and I keep finding new things to love.
So, thank you, sincerely.
(Also, I just started A Net of Dawn and Bones and I already love it, so thanks for branching out into original fiction as well.)