Reviews for No Game For Old Men
MeJA chapter 16 . 5/21
Just finished the whole series so far, 1 through 5. Hope you haven't given up on it. I'd like to see what Gregory and Madoka do when the 2nd phase occurs, and people like Higa and his teams of sekerei switch from hunting and catching other sekerei to hunting and killing them.
tH1s chapter 2 . 4/22
One of the few great Sekirei fanfics. I love how the story makes the Sekirei appear, human.

The chapter made me guilty of being such a horndog. I am really lucky being born a guy and not have to deal with how girls are treated in society. It is just sad that your girlfriend only agreed to have sex with you because she is afraid her boyfriend will live her. What kind of person would I be if I were to force such a decision on my partner?
NekoElder chapter 9 . 3/3
You know, this story has shed a whole new matured light on sekirei fanon/canon without the tinted glasses of ecchi and cool powers. Keep it up
I guess this story is abandoned. A damn shame as you are a fine writer and this was the best Sekirei fanfic out there.
Seto-fan1 chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
Any chance of a Christmas update?
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2017
Great story. I love the realism, the very normal Gregory and most of all I love Toyotama and Ichiya. Please update.
Volantis chapter 1 . 4/10/2017
Don't get hung up on the OC protagonist. This is one of the best Sekirei fanfics on this site.
Volantis chapter 16 . 12/28/2016
Wonderful story. I especially like the realistic approach to world building and characterisations. I enjoy the fact that events do not completely revolve around the protagonists i.e. the antagonists/events progress off screen, which is realistic. The plot progression could perhaps be a bit quicker, but otherwise it's good.
emaraldragon chapter 16 . 8/8/2016
I'd like to thank you for putting up your story "No Game for Old Men." I normally don't like SI/OC character fanfiction, but the summary sparked my interest quite a bit and after reading the posted chapters left me waiting for more. Thanks so much for all the effort you have put into it.
Seto-fan1 chapter 16 . 8/3/2016
I enjoy your story. Keep up the good work. Love the more realistic and darker aspects of Sekirei. However I do wish you'd have portrayed Madoka and Yosuga as being a normal Sekirei in terms of physical capabilities. It would be a nice change to see a character have to deal with the potentially emasculating effects their loved one who could put even the greatest human athletes to shame. One could argue we got that in the manga/anime but I disagree as Musubi's strength was often used for comical effect rather than for drama. Still it's nice to see you aren't one of those "authors" who think it makes for a great story to make a human capable of physically keeping pace with or even dominating a Sekirei. I can't stand those who make their OCs godlike and shit.

Another thing though, early in the story, you showed the how Sekirei feel about their Ashikabi with Madoka's anger towards the wife and her treatment of Gregory. Have you thought about revisiting that in the sense that Gregory has to deal with the consequences of Madoka and Yosuga's protectiveness? I think it'd be nice to see a darker side to Madoka and Yosuga and see Gregory try to come to terms with it. So far most everything has been academic for him. It'd be nice to see him struggle with the darkness inside his Sekirei.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.
Thug-4-Less chapter 16 . 7/22/2016
"You certainly will not be the be the first man to be undone by following the whims of his smaller head." Ain't that the frickin' truth. Lol.

Gregory gotten really good at breaking the tension with lame jokes, I must say. But, on a more serious note, I'm wondering if Gregory's increasing admiration of Yosuga's physical "traits" might have anything to do with the bond. With as powerful as Madoka's psychic abilities are, she might be influencing Greg's preferences a bit when it comes to his emotions. Which would be why it's so easy for him to trust Yosuga and not even bat an eyelash at him being in her home. Plus, the fact that Madoka seems totally smitten with her friend and, even if you haven't explicitly said it, kind of likes the tall, dark, and "resting bitch face" woman archtype in a more "physical" sense. Also... now Yosuga's walking around without a bra? I'm starting to think Madoka can totally influence Sekirei she's particularly close to. Hmmmm, maybe you should start calling me Alice, cause I'm all the way in that hole now, brah.

Hahahah. I think 90% of humanity has agreed to something post-coitus and then snapped to full awareness upon realizing what they'd just done. Totally killer lemon!

One of the most amusing things in the story, to me, is how far Madoka has come that another Sekirei is turning to her about how to get her Ashikabi to get physical.

Again, you've schooled me to the game of world-building. Your in-depth analysis of how a Reaction occurs really blows the mind.

I can't wait to see where you take this story!

Thanks again for sharing your vision!
Thug-4-Less chapter 15 . 7/22/2016
Three paragraphs down from the first section, the word "all" appears at least once a paragraph. Sometimes, in multiple uses. One or two "it was all", "they were all", I don't mind but it kind of catches the eye when it's in every chapter. That's probably just me being super picky though.

A famous ship captain named Kirk, huh? Lol.

The scene with Madoka and the kid was pretty rough. When Gregory nearly died after that aria chant, I was a little worried what that could mean for the future. Does it have something to do with his mediocre abilities as an Ashikabi or was it just how far gone that kid was? Very troubling, indeed.

I don't know how to feel about Yosuga's musings on her place in the world. On the one hand, I'm all smiles about how close a connection she feels with Madoka. Even if it comes across as a little incestuous but, then again, "Russian Women Prison Via Sekirei Plan" would make that almost inevitiable. On the other hand, Yosuga sounds like she has a straight-up co-dependent relationship with Madoka. One that was only ever really threatened by the, in Yosuga's own words, mercenary bond with Toyotama. I get the feeling that some of that might have been jealousy, which might be a secondary reason she tried to experiment with Madoka in the first place. The rabbit hole is deep with this one. No pun intended.

The sections with Madoka and Yosuga are always heart-warming and, to my great shame, make my lust for yuri action rise like a rushing tide. I have a true sickness but I'm getting off topic. I think you're really making their relationship something special. Just like with relationship IRL, it's a complicated quagmire of motivations and emotions that the people involved can barely quantify themselves. I'm kind of loving it.

Excellent chapter, I'm on to the next!
Thug-4-Less chapter 14 . 7/22/2016
I know you feel like these later chapters aren't as strong as the previous ones but I find that I like Yosuga's introduction to Gregory and Madoka's relationship. It's hilarious how she starts to blow apart Madoka's air of mystery on one hand but also starts to unveil just how gifted, if unambitious, Madoka is when it comes to intellectual pursuits.

The way Greg and Yosuga size each other up is interesting. I like his musing about how a stranger would probably assume personality traits based off of their looks and be completely off. That sounds like something the three of them could play off to the amusement of all.

Not much to add on this chapter since it was mostly the beginning of the Yosuga's characterization and further world-building.

Thanks for writing!
Thug-4-Less chapter 13 . 7/19/2016
Ah. The introduction of No. 44. It was long time coming and what an entrance she made.

I don't know why Greg still, despite all the creepy and unbelievable feats Madoka is capable of, doubts it when Madoka warns him not to slow down because Yosuga is "fast". Maybe seeing really is believing? I don't know but I would think he'd be a little less skeptical after all this time.

Greg's reaction to running down 31 Sai was appropriate, I think. He finally saw the superhuman feats the more physically inclined Sekirei are capable of and it seemed to freak him out a bit. Then being forced to run down a teenage girl all cold-blooded? That'll mess with you. But then he seems to shake it off after only a couple hours with a little positive affirmation from Madoka which leads me to believe that Greg is being slowly changed by Madoka's attitudes towards Sekirei.

I lol'd during the morning scene where Madoka is busting Yosuga's balls about her choice of outfit!

It was an excellent chapter! Thanks for writing!

On to the next!
Thug-4-Less chapter 12 . 7/18/2016
I have noticed something about myself; as I age, I don't mind "slice of life" episodes of manga/anime/novels/etc. and actually look forward to them. A sign of maturity? Probably not but there's always hope.

The karaoke club section was like a master-class in world-building. You've improved noticeably in painting a panorama of Shin Tokyo in all its glory without making bogging the story down with massive inorganic infodumps. You presented the information in this chapter interwoven with the narrative so that it truly is like watching a movie come to life.

I must say that the club scenes were equal parts cute, sad, romantic, and sexy. The description of Madoka's outfit... pure deliciousness. Gregory... who cares. Lol. When she picked that first country song, Greg's imagined facial expression almost caused ME to spit-take.

Midorino and Kohaku were adorable. Kohaku being wary but initially won over with Greg taking photos of his Sekirei always make me laugh. Greg plays the older brother/mentor role quite well. You've also done a great job of making Greg vulnerable to logical fallacies. The deeper the story goes, the more tempting it is to Mary Sue or Gary Stu them. Having Greg meet people that are highly competent in an area that he is not, as well as admitting such, is definitely a stroke of genius.

The Notes in this section were informative and intriguing but the formatting made it hard to read. I'd suggest a few more line breaks in the block to help lessen the eyestrain. Eh. I might just be getting old.

Thanks for sharing!