Reviews for Theorizing
Jonn Wolfe chapter 7 . 8/6/2021
Melancholy end, there. *sighs*

Thanks for writing! Please continue to do so!
Ariel Schnee chapter 7 . 1/12/2019
I love the crossover!:)

But...

Why can't anyone ever send Sam home? I mean, really. Isn't there a fanfic -anywhere- that sends Sam home?
Belen09 chapter 7 . 5/29/2015
"Oh, he never returned - no, he never returned - and his tale is still unlearned - he will ride forever neath the streets of Boston - He's the man who never returned . . ."

And Degra would not of course remember the conversation with 'Captain Archer' . . .
Belen09 chapter 6 . 5/26/2015
Which 'might' be great except that things tend to be 'SSDD' - same sh*t, different day . . . no matter how much one tries . . . so does Archer and Becket come out of the twinkly blue?
Belen09 chapter 4 . 5/19/2015
You got me there - I didn't see that as a possibility . . . But I don't think that Becket would either . . . despite anything he might say, he would 'think' of things 'back home' as normal . . .
Belen09 chapter 3 . 5/14/2015
I can definitely see why Sam would want to see Archer's quarters, though where is Porthos? Wouldn't he be in the Captain's cabin? Or at the Doctor's? Or maybe at Hoshi's?
MirielOfGisborne chapter 1 . 5/14/2015
This is one of my dream crossovers! And QL/Star Trek: Enterprise lends itself perfectly to a crossover because Sam and Archer are played by the same actor, which I happen to love :)

I totally love how Sam is trying to figure out the world he finds himself in and he tries to approximate the weird things he sees in it because this is the future - aliens, space ships, communicators, imaging chambers - to things from his own time, like the communicator that looks like a cell phone to him. Meeting the alien crewmembers was particularly fun to read. I really laughed there at the "I come in peace" remark. It's like, he's trying to adapt, but he can't get past his own conditioning and he uses the phrase that he knows is used when meeting aliens in sci-fi movies.

I also love the little details that identify the other characters, like Malcom and Hayes competing over who gets to provide security. I think you've done a really great job at bringing together two universes that feel familiar to the reader (provided the reader is both a QL fan and a Star Trek fan, of course), and weaving in the original characters - Jenny and Lili - who actually feel like they belong there. It's nice that they get asked for their opinions, by the way. It's good to see the non-bridge crew involved in the decision making process. And why not? The Xindi war affects everybody.

Another thing that makes this work particularly well is that Archer and Sam share a lot of similarities, not the least of which being the willingness to 'walk the walk', as Phlox puts it.
Belen09 chapter 2 . 5/12/2015
Oh, that would be awful - knowing that your 'existence' is so painful to people! (I've seen that 'future delivery' device used in other stories. Since Archer has knowledge of the future and it is 'only' one hundred and fifty years in the future about . . . I can see that working.)
Belen09 chapter 1 . 5/9/2015
I remember Quantum Leap as being a fun show; totally weird,but fun. I can see 'security' in the form of Jay or Malcolm all over this . . .