Reviews for The Just and the Law
GrimMoody chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Wow, powerful and emo. A really great story, as it goes a place few other stories dare. The risk taking is what makes a powerful story.

However, a couple of problems arise here. One, I very much doubt that anyone would order the Captain to deactivate X in this situation. Besides the injustice, the public would go nuts that their protector was killed over something so stupid. Two, the story feels incomplete without some motivation behind the bad dude's actions.

Other than that, very ingriguing and good all around.
MungoJerry chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
F-

Holy SHIT. I am frigging emotional wreck. AUGGH-! So AWFUL... but so GOOD... Not right- NOT RIGHT!

Sh sh- I'm fantasizing about Winters going into Reploid Rights.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
This has got to be one of the best, and saddest, stories I have ever read, especially about my favorite character and personal hero. You have quite a talent. The writing was exquisite and character personalities were true and real. You did a fantastic job and I loved the battle seen. My only question is what happens now when Sigma comes back? Good for you though! I look forward to reading more. One last thing: Goddamn FUCKING humans! How DARE they!
Ghost Writer no. 3 chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Oh gods, that was so tragic. I hope so much for a happy ending, but I knew there was no way there would be one. I though it would have ruined the story and the meaning behind the story. I cannot descripe how well it was. You captured all character perfectly. Thank you for this.
Bandit Ken chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
This never gets old.

And it never fails to bring out emotions within me.
Nightgazer333 chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
You do of course realize many people will hate the governments for ordering X's execution, and there will be civil war happening now. Such a war is unavoidable, it's guaranteed. The people will unite together, those who care, and make X a martyr for revolution.
Kajeth chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
Oh man...I've read stories that made me teary eyed and stuff...but this made me BAWL. This story was just unbelievable. And this story is gonna haunt me for a little while. :S
Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
This is the best Mega Man fanfic I've ever read. Bravo.
Sasameyuki chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
Such a pity that X had to die just for doing what's right...
Snickerer chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
*sits in stunned silence*

…whoa.

Wow.

This…is amazing.

The description, characterization, dialogue…I especially like how you really got inside X’s head and the way you got his character down, but you did a mind-blowing job on making ALL the characters seem real. I didn’t even realize some of the characters were original until later, that’s how well they fit in the world. That’s how it’s supposed to be, of course, but it’s rare to see it so well-done.

I was actually in tears at the end. Masterfully done, with the pacing and suspense rather than surprise about the ending.

I can count the number of stories where I've hated what happened but loved the story on one hand. This is at the top of that short list.
Reviewer chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
God damn. I just read this again, and I still get amazed. This piece of writing is simply amazing. I will never forget this fic.
Iris Amergin chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
This was wonderful! I love what you've done with X and Alia's relationship; there aren't many who pull it off so well, and your characterization for X is great.

There were a few typos in there, but overall, I really enjoyed this. Thank you for posting it. )
Swifthawk chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
It has been a very long time since anything on has made me shed a tear for the emotions displayed within a piece of written work. A very long time.

I am so very rarely touched so much that I even decend to think about what I read after I am through, I simply move on trying to find something to take notice of. Such has been the mold of my visits here for a very long time.

The Just and the Law broke that mold and for that, I bow to you in thanks. I do not mean to try to flatter you unneccessarily, but I do so thank you for crafting this brilliant piece of fanfiction, that I have taken an uncommon amount of pained joy in reading, again and again.

Thank you so very much for writting this piece, and it's sequel, Legacy.

Thank you.

Thank you.
Wingnut17 chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Wow... that was depressing. I almost started crying at the end... it's so sad!
But damn good writing if I do say so myself. Wow... really good. Everyone was spot on and you have a wonderful way with emotion and detail. fav.
Aleh chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
Okay... for one thing, X did not, at any point in this story, violate the First Law, nor would said law require him to act any differently. Other than that... it's an interesting idea, but it hinges on a rather significant misinterpretation of the First Law, as well as having several continuity problems.