Reviews for Duty
why have you not continued? This is beautiful. You capture his thoughts, his regret, his remorse, his compassion, and mostly his love for this woman. I love the way you write. Please continue
Nordique1 chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Wow... perhaps une of thé Best p/c story in this archive . Thank you
intrepidclass chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
A friend recommended this story to me and it turned out to be one of my favorites. The whole tone of the piece is perfect. Its subtlety and sadness are exactly what makes it so believable and in-character. It's such a pity that it was never finished. But it is very beautiful and well-written.
DeeeeliaDeeeetz chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Gosh this is beautiful. I loved the part about her reading his book and never kissing her in the observation lounge. It gave me very vivid images that I wish we'd seen :)
Lochinblu chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
That was so beautifully written too bad you never finished it!
Oparu chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
So I'm on this Picard/Crusher nostalgia kick and I find this. This is fabulous and hits my right in my nostalgic little heart. I couldn't be more thrilled.

Picard POV is damn hard and you rocked it. I love the letters. I love the tone. I know it's old...but hey, it's fabulous.
Technical Difficulty chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
You. Are. A. God.

If I could have added this story to my favorites list twice, I would have. This story is packed with such powerfully charged phrases:

"How dare he have known so much about the way Jack Crusher's wife smiled?"

I'm going to start a Little Red fanlisting. Well. You probably won't read this, because the story was posted six years ago. But. If you do, just know that you would make the world easier to live in if you continued this, like you initially intended.
carolann chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
I loved this short story. Thanks so much for sharing it.
Grav chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
You know something? I read this story almost two years ago, when I was just getting into fanfiction, and was reading the Star Trek folders. Imagine my surprise then, when I scrolled down through your Stories Authored after glowing through "Small Fantasies" for the umpteenth time and discovered that you were one of the very first authors I ever read!

This of course, raises a very important question. It says TBC at the end. We're never getting another chapter, are we?

That's OK. This story is fabulous (though a bit depressing...but in a good way) just the way it is. I love the P/C dynamic (it was my first 'ship), and you have captured it expertly. I am especially impressed that you did it without conversation (although, since Beverly's asleep, it's not like she would be too talkative!). I think what I mean is that the description is amazing.

You have done a wonderful job, and I can't believe I went for two years without making the connection!
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
To be *continued*? Hurray! This was wonderful, and if you are going to write *more* of it, we will all pay you tributes of chocolate and clips from Beverly And Jean-Luc's Vacation Photos on Risa! :) I very much enjoyed this. You wrote about the tension between love and duty for Picard in an intriguing and refreshing way. Sentences such as "How dare he have known so much about the way Jack Crusher's wife smiled?" make up for many pages of badly-done angst that I've read in other P/C (and J/C, and J/J, and K/S, and et cetera et cetera...) fanfics. Thank you! You are very good with descriptions, and I think it's quite likely that Picard and Crusher would drift together that way-"It seemed unnatural that she should leave, only to come back eight hours later for breakfast." And you know, that would explain things like the conversation they had about young Picard and Shinzon in Nemesis, where she comes into his office and perches on his desk (doesn't she?) while they're talking, and you can *almost* talk yourself into believing that they're an old married couple instead of being (in canon) in far, far worse denial than Riker and Troi ever were. (You never know, P/C could have gotten together after Insurrection, too!) The only crit I have for this fic is that you talk a lot about Jack Crusher and all the sad things that happened between Picard and Bev because of his death for a long time, and then you wrap it up too fast at the end. It might be a little better if you did a bit more of Picard's watching Bev sleep and getting all dreamy about what she means to him before ending it. It just kind of seems abrupt, like you got called away before you could work out the ending that you really wanted to put on there. But that might just be me. :) This is excellent stuff-I really enjoy your stories, from the Julian/Dax to this to the SG-1. Many kudos!
-Nenya, another Canadian redhead
a reader chapter 1 . 1/15/2003
I love this! It's so fascnating to hear his thoughts. Please continue it, it's so well written.
Bev chapter 1 . 1/15/2003
I really enjoyed this story. I liked the reflection aon his feelings for Beverly and how the guilt for him is still there. I am looking forward to the next installment.
starheart20 chapter 1 . 1/14/2003
a good start to a story, and captures the essence of the man well, i like it.
KitLee chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
Awwww. That was beautiful. I loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
continue please this is a very good story