Reviews for Master of the Tennen Rishin Ryuu
OkitaSoujiro chapter 15 . 10/31/2009
Bravo! Bravo!

This is one of the best stories I've ever read! :D

I know you haven't updated in a while, but I am looking forward to what happens after this! There are only a handful of stories like yours out there these days! :)
Clarence Hikari chapter 15 . 10/9/2008
Interesting story... there's very few okita stories... hope u continue )
Natural Born Charmer chapter 15 . 1/16/2004
wats dis? a soujiro 'n wat fic? oh... gud thing u dnt like misao for soujiro... they're pairing sucks... nyway... great fic... update soon ok? mwah...!
cerie chapter 15 . 12/14/2003
I like this series. I hope you continue it )
cerie chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
I like the story. I hope you will continue it )
nanonaneko chapter 15 . 10/15/2003
:) Finally! You haven't updated for such a long time...*pouts* I had to read the last few chapters again to remember what was going on in here...
Rinle chapter 15 . 9/5/2003
Yay! You updated! Thank goodness. I have some comments though...

I find it strange that the characters call each other by their given names. That's kinda...too close. Saitou calls Okita "Okita-kun" in the OVA. Okita would most probably not call Hijikata "Toshizo-san", etc.

Also, it's kind of confusing when you refer to some characters by their given names, and the others by their surnames. Please be uniform.

That's all, thank you, and may you update soon (or at least as soon as you could).
Hiss chapter 14 . 8/26/2003
Chapter's kinda quick, but over-all, ok.

It's been around half a year since the last time you updated. I hope you'd update sometime soon.
nanonaneko chapter 14 . 1/24/2003 IS a LEETLE too fast. And a little unclear and foggy too. Was Serizawa killed? I didn't see anything about him after you wrote about him fight Yamanami(is it? I dunno..) You just said something about two left standing and were killed easily. But if Serizawa's important, he shouldn't be killed that way. So it's a little foggy here. Otherwise, pretty good! Keep going! _
Rinle chapter 14 . 1/24/2003
Is it just because of the pace of the story, or does the chap seem a bit shorter than the most?

Okay, so maybe it's just the pace.

Neeways, erm, nice (gomen, read this 'bout an hour or two ago, reviewed only now, so the impression isn't that clear anymore). But it *is* good. Now for the next chapter...
April-san chapter 13 . 1/20/2003
Kishi Seta, I think you are doing a very good job on this story. I understand some details are historically incorect, but, technically, so is RK. It does not change the fact that this is a very entertaining and well written piece. And, yes, I enjoyed the last chapter. I like reading author's notes (since I love writing them). It gives the story a little more insight. Please continue Kishi...(*shrug* And I thought you were related to Soujirou...Oro...)
nanonaneko chapter 13 . 1/20/2003
AWWw! The ball was spoilt! The drunkard really deserves it! I was hoping Okita could keep the toy...:( Anyway, do keep updating ok? Good job! _
Rainfelt aka Phoe-chan chapter 13 . 1/19/2003
Maa, i'm slowly getting the rest I need. ;; I read somewhere you weren't a fan of Sou/Misao fics. Any reason why? I know you're a fan of soujiro so me just wondering. I liked this chapter. Every story has to have a mindless drunk in it. You did a good job with this one. Keep it up!

mibu no ookami chapter 11 . 1/19/2003
First of all: as a huge Shinsengumi-fan I like your story (especially since my all-time-fav Saitou Hajime also is in it _). It's interesting to read.

But I can't help feeling that you're portraying Okita WAY to childish (besides with 20 he was in jap. society that times already an adult for a good 5 years...) and clueless. Just because he grew up in a village (aside from the fact that a farmers live at that time sure wasn't peacefull, romantic and sheltered) and rather sheltered in Kondou's Dojo doesn't mean he has to be THAT naive. And I recon that even in those dojo there existed several servants as was usual: why should he be that unfamiliar with a - at that time - perfectly normal class or status? *wonders* He was a kind man according to history but not a pacifist or extreme humanist: couldn't be with his kind of work everyday - just think of those comrades of his own he killed (and sometimes murdered) during the powerstruggles within the Shinsengumi.

Now for the historical things I disagree a bit - or hugely _ - with:

Shinsengumi-members were rich and in for the money?

Certainly not! In the beginning the whole group had practically no funds and had to resort to demand money ("raising" - which meant basically they asked money from merchands and other people: you could call it begging if it weren't for their status as samurais and the fact that the lesser classes couldn't deny them!). The captain Nagakura Shinpachi recalled later that "in these times we were very, very poor." Only several month later the Daimyo recognized his responsibility to support them not only political but financially also - he even apologized for forgetting that.

Ronin? "Ronin. Most of them were; the two who had said those things were. He knew that it would take time before they embrace the code of Bushido as well as the laws of the Shinsengumi." to quote you.

You mentioned that several times and giving a very negative picture of ronin - maybe you don't know the meaning of "ronin"? It means: a free samurai with no master to serve: those people were of course also bound by the code of bushido, they were samurais as well! And ALL Shinsengumi-members were Ronin or Dappan or Dassou before joining Shinsengumi: how else could they have joined the group when they were already bound to someone other?

Even worse _~: a Ronin (or Roushi, Saitou was one) had the approval of the Hans' chief to leave, whereas the other large group of Shinsengumi-members were "Dappan": (meaning out of their Han) WITHOUT those previous approval of their fief - they were practically Pariah, never allowed to go back to their clan!

Okita was himself a Dappan, like Kondou and Hijikata! So he would be one to talk about Ronin disrespectfully _ Surely not!

Serizawa Kamo Mitsumoto: he was of course at the time of approval from the Daimyo in the group: in the same position as Kondou himself as Kyokuchou, Commander or General. And stayed there (causing trouble _) until Matsudaira Katamori ordered his death and the Kondou-group got rid of his followers - he was killed 16 or 18th Sep 1863 in his sleep along with his mistress by... surprise, surprise a group of men which Okita was in.

If you want to do a bit more background-checking on the Miburo I recommend (besides an university-library with a good japanology-section) this side: stanford/130/ The Serizawa-part is very extensive for the whole Shinsengumi-history!

Ja ne
Rinle chapter 13 . 1/19/2003
The idiot, trying to harm Okita-san. Hehe, he deserve it.

Next chap?