Reviews for Cruel War
SoulfullyInclined chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
If this weren't written entirely in bold and italics it would be a lot easier to read.
Sexy mama chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
This storys so sad.
Quintain Apprentince of Alduin chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
wow, I almost cried (I didnt cause for some reason i had a hilarious song playing).

I sort of think it is fitting (No one scream at me) but the RMS Britannic did not survive the War as well. the only one of the Trio that did was the Olympic, which i believe was sold for scrap a few years later.
jackdawson-love chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Well first off, I'm freaking crying. This story is so amazing, heart warming, touching, tragic, and astounding. And I guess it could have been worst, (not worst as in this story sucked, but worst as in Sadness wise) at least Jack got to know about his baby! If Rose had never went, well first of all, they wound't be having the baby, but he wouldn't have got a chance to say goodbye:') This story is the most well written, touching, Jack and Rose war story I've read3 The part where they are saying their goodbyes and where Jack tells her "our baby won't know me" and how he continued on with that, was the part where the tears started to come. Also, you ended this story very very very good. Some war stories end iffy, I guess you could say, but this story ended in the perfect amount of Sadness, Loss and Love. Rose felt Jack with her one last time. She finally accepted that he was gone, after she felt him kiss her cheek and heard him whisper. That's how you got the Amazing ending, she accepted it. She didn't break down or anything, she felt him one last time. And That is how you got those 3 elements that most Jack and Rose War stories don't have (Sadness, Love and Loss). So, what I'm trying to say through this very long Review, is that this story was FREAKING AMAZING AND I LOVED IT!:) 3 I also think you should do a one-shot about their kid, that would be very sweet:) maybe do it right after they're born or when they are older, and I'm just saying, but twin boys would be very sweet:) So good job on the story, I loved it3 and please do a one-shot for this:)
-Never let go
Lady Elena Dawson chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
This. Made. Me. Cry! Absolutely beautiful! I am in a flurry of tears, but that makes this story so much better! Your writing style is very nice, I like it. :')
FallingStar95 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Oh my God! I'm reading this at midnight listening to a piano rendition of "My Heart Will Go On." As you might have guessed, I burst into tears, and only super well-written fanfics can get me to cry. It was well-written and beautiful and totally in-character!

Fantastic work! Well done! :)
limonade chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
it seems that no matter what, jack dies and i end up sobbing...
I Need More Cowbell chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Why did he have to die? Shit, now I am practically bawling. God I am such a freak
Anime Onnanoko chapter 1 . 12/27/2005
That was a really good story, but did he have to die like that?
shanelover89 chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
Ahh, how remarkably sweet. It was so sad when he died, but I loved the way you ended it.

Keep writing,

Lorah :)

PS Maybe you could write more chapters for this so we could see what happens with the baby.
Stasya chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
I know that this story has been reviewed in ages, but I'm reviewing anyway, though I don't know if you'll read this. I love your story. It's very poignant; very emotional. Have you read The Sword and The Dove? Something like that, at least. The storyline is more or less the same as your story. Gabrielle, Joan of Arc's friend, goes to the war as well but as a healer. She falls in love with a nobleman's son who's a soldier, but one day she comes across him in the battlefield, dying. It's reminiscent of your story. Keep up the good work!
pudding bowl fringe chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
I liked it .. in this terribly sad sort of way. Keep it up
DawsonGurl chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Sad story. Good story, and sad. I luved it.
Mrs Ronald Weasley chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
aw that was so sad. At least she got say goodbye.
Kris36 chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
That's so sad! Great story though!