Reviews for Song of the Stars
Casket Heaven chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Earendil!
We still remember you, Gil-Estel, son of Idril and Turgon!
amebane chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Thanks for writing this story. I enjoyed it very much. Earendil has never forgotten his humanity.
Elflingimp chapter 1 . 9/2/2006
Very deep I liked it! I wish more people would write about him.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
A brilliant premise with your usual intense writing; this is one of the few future-fics I really love. Especially:

"I have seen wonders in eyes I thought dimmed forever, and laughter in the emptiness and joy in the void."

*dies* And that last bit . . . I just don't have words to tell you how much I love that. Pure awe for

this piece.
Losseniaiel chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
Oh dear Eru you made me cry. I never cry over fic, but that was just so beautiful and sad yet curiously uplifting at the same time that I did.

You infuse Earendil's thoughts with such a sense of hope even when he sees humanity at his most destructive.

The ending took my breath away.
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 12/23/2002
Joan, this is lovely! And what a clever idea, to show us what the first and greatest astronaut's view of our space programs would be. Your Earendil may have Elvish immortality - but it's obvious he hasn't lost his human heart. And of course he would rejoice in this most human of accomplishments, the exploration of space.
Mouse chapter 1 . 12/16/2002
Though he chose immortality for Elwing's sake, it's very clear here which kindred his heart truly belongs with. Earendil certainly has an entirely unique view of the world- a lonely position, but he overcomes it with his love and understanding of Mankind. One of my favourite lines: "...all the toils of Man are mortal, and all the hopes of Man are mortal..."

An immensely touching story, offering hope even while allowing us to watch our past and future mistakes and cringe.

Hope, beyond the circles of this world ...

Beautiful.
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 12/15/2002
Oh, wonderful! A star's eye view of history!

They call Earendil the brightestr of stars, but someday they will understand that he is only one of them, that he is only the forerunner of what they have all become.