Reviews for The Dating Charade
secret lisa chapter 17 . 7/7
This has been on my story list for ages. Ive just read every chapter between work...at work..between sleeping and eating. Love it!
The humour at the start and at the burrow was hilarious...so good. The deep thinking and discussions shows an insightful knowledge into those sadly horrid human traits we all experience of others at times.
The characters believable. Pansy and Theodore portrayed so well I feel quite an affinity with them. Cant wait to read their story! I hope Ginny and Draco regain a little laughter back in their lives now that they have love.
A subject matter you have written knowledgeable and sensitively. Ginnys reaction is all too often common and understandable.
Well written. Flows beautifully. Great pace. Well done you!
Margaret Helstone chapter 1 . 6/26
THIS IS SO GREAT. Like, really. I discovered this story a moment ago, ACCIDENTALLY but I already know I'll continue to read it. Oh my gosh. It's perfect.
LookingAnswers chapter 17 . 6/26
Hi, I just read all of this in a day, and I can't wait for the next chapter. It is a really good story
Erimenthe chapter 17 . 6/6
This was a very good addition. I like that Draco was the one that needed reassurance that being a virgin was fine and that they'd go through it together. Ginny was wonderful in being able to engender trust like that.

Can I hit Narcissa? Can Pansy? Someone, please?

I do wish that Pansy could loosen up her heart just slightly. Just enough to be able to show a tiny bit that she does care while face to face with Draco (and others) instead of always with the stick pins or tiny daggers to cut when she'll stand up for them when they aren't around (or she doesn't think they are). It may make her life and friendships just a bit better in the long run.
Fire Tiggeress chapter 17 . 5/10
I loooooove this story. Please continue swiftly I can’t wait to see what else happens
Jason is a terrible, terrible person. He needs to learn to stop and back off when Ginny does not want his advances...
Keeperofthemoon0 chapter 17 . 5/9
Ugh. So. I loved this chapter so, so much. And I'm totally gonna review A03, solely because it has more delicious bits that I want to point out that I can't really here. But, anyway, virgin!Draco is, perhaps, the most canon!Draco to me. I'm sure I've said it before but having us experience this huge event for Draco- for Ginny too but for Draco, who was criticized so often growing up about not 'being a man'- is amazing and huge.

-“It’s fine. It’s over,” he said in between kisses, repeating the words as if to convince himself as well as her that he was fine, that everything was fine, as if he didn’t wake up in a cold sweat some nights from nightmare memories of choking on his own blood. Did Potter know he’d cracked ribs and sliced one of Draco’s lungs with his spell? Did he realize he had been closer than the Dark Lord to successfully killing Draco?- Honestly. Breathtaking. This aspect of Draco's past rarely gets explored in Drinny fics, so it's wonderful to see this moment that certainly changed Draco's life explored. Especially the line about Harry being closer to killing Draco than Voldemort had been.

-Ginny, too, had welcomed Voldemort into her soul, ignorant to the consequences of her association with him. She, too, had been used as a tool to do his bidding. She, too, nearly lost her life in service to him. Maybe she understood better than he gave her credit for.- Yes, yes, yes! THIS is why Drinny works so well, to me. Draco and Ginny both lost themselves in Tom Riddle/Voldemort, they both had to deal with the consequences of their actions, they both have *darkness* in them that they battle and have to come to terms with. This paragraph is, literally, what started my love for Draco/Ginny and why I will always support them.

And the relationship between Pansy/Draco/Theo? I love it. Pansy sticking up to Narcissa but being unable to tell Draco how loyal she is to him to his face? It's just so... perfect and Pansy and reflects their past issues.

I can't wait to go back and reread this whole story, which I've been meaning to do for ages now. And I'm SO excited for a Pansy/Theo prequel for this. Excellent job on the chapter. I can't imagine it was very easy to get written, exploring territory with Draco that isn't often explored, but I'm glad you did and it turned out wonderfully!
tmtcltb chapter 17 . 5/4
I really enjoyed Pansy here. Nice update!
QHLuver chapter 17 . 5/4
Great chapter!
Aldrean Treu Peri chapter 17 . 5/4
Ah, such a welcome union!
Boogum chapter 17 . 5/4
This was a good chapter! I like how you had everything played out - the vulnerability and acceptance. You’re doing something very different with this story and the characters from the normal DG floating around, which always makes it that much more interesting.
iieafr chapter 17 . 5/4
nice lotr ref
hatebelow chapter 17 . 5/3
What a beautiful chapter. I read this over on FIA but decided to review here for continuity. And I have to say this chapter was lovely. Some of your best work. I love the candid and honest way that you approached them finally having sex. It felt earnest and exposed and gentle and I loved that. And to follow it will that conversation between pansy and narcissa was such a nice juxtaposition. Love love love it. Worth the wait.
caprubia chapter 17 . 5/3
I read both versions! Honestly, I think that you could've kept in 90% of the AO3 one here and not violated the M rating. I've read much more explicit things that didn't get taken down.

Anyway, I loved it a lot! You did a great job at writing a first time scene.
jcap1526 chapter 16 . 2/13
Fantastic story! Cannot wait for the rest. I really feel like this is Ginny and Draco from the books. You are a very talented storyteller. Thank you for sharing!