Reviews for Letters to Your Heart, Axes to Your Scabbard
Robinbird79 chapter 44 . 1/27/2017
Well when I saw the title of this chapter I thought ... pantries have such interesting moments in your stories. ;-)

Poor thing. Feeling guilty never helps even when you didn't do anything "wrong." I hope that is Thorin entering the pantry.
Queen MariaTheresia chapter 43 . 1/24/2017
Thorin's visiting Thranduil was written so well. I laughed so hard at Thorin's thoughts about cursed pointy-eared bastards and the army of washer women or disgusting long pale fingers ;-)
But of course the reasons for his visit are not so funny and I'm glad Thorin loves Werna so much to put her interests over his. And I really love Bilbo!
I can't wait for Thorin's and Werna's reactions when she wakes up!
Just4Me chapter 43 . 1/23/2017
Finally, Thorin redeems himself. Not only does he beg Thranduil for help, he humbly steps aside to let Bilbo stand at Werna's side and call her back to life. Well done, Thorin.

Silly dwarf, of course she comes back for him! That little moment between Bilbo and Thorin at the end was very touching. Bilbo is incredibly sweet.
Robinbird79 chapter 43 . 1/23/2017
Oh my goodness! I can't imagine you'd let Werna die but oh my ... what is going to happen when she finally wakes up? I don't think the fun is anywhere near over yet. :)
Just4Me chapter 42 . 1/19/2017
Oh, Thorin. A tiny little part of me likes to see him suffer after being such an ass. But I hope he doesn't have to suffer too long. Just long enough to actually learn something. And I have a sneaking feeling (hope?) that Werna only loves Bilbo like a brother. Dania is one tough cookie. I think I'm a little afraid of her.
dearreader chapter 42 . 1/19/2017
I hate to say this, but you have made Thorin such an unappealing jerk, I wouldn't mind Werna winding up with Bilbo. That is quite an accomplishment, considering I love Thorin through thick and thin.
Good job.
Robinbird79 chapter 42 . 1/19/2017
Oh my stars! That was certainly some heavy stuff. Thorin better be praying to Mahal right now...
Just4Me chapter 41 . 1/17/2017
Now THAT was a battle scene! Short, sharp bursts of action that told the story without getting bogged down in tedious battle tactics. Now, please, just let everyone live.
Robinbird79 chapter 41 . 1/17/2017
Oh my goodness! Cliffhanger?! Thank you for not dragging the battle out forever. :)
dearreader chapter 41 . 1/17/2017
Liked your version of the battle. I think it was more realistic than the original. Please don't let Werna be dead.
EMdelaRen chapter 40 . 1/17/2017
Dania's has entered picture ... Oh Werna ... Go save and turn that stubborn dwarf around!
dearreader chapter 40 . 1/14/2017
Great sisterly dialog. I think two warriors would talk to each other like you portrayed. I hope Werna doesn't fall in battle, she is a interesting character.
Robinbird79 chapter 40 . 1/14/2017
Oh my goodness. Wasn't expecting to see her sister there. And so Dania planned on Thorin and Werna getting together? I can't wait to hear all the explanations ... after.
Just4Me chapter 40 . 1/14/2017
Thranduil was his usual wormy self here. I just can never warm up to that elf. And I'm kind of with Bilbo - save the explanations for after the battle, which they probably won't survive. So, we finally get to meet Dania. Definitely not a hothead like her sister. I think I like her. I definitely can't wait to see her meeting with Thorin. But mostly I just want to see everyone survive the battle. Except maybe Thranduil. Couldn't you kill him off, just this once?
Just4Me chapter 39 . 1/11/2017
I think you did a masterful job of portraying just how disconnected Thorin was from the rest of the company. I could feel his isolation and confusion. And then you broke my heart with that memory from his youth. Oh, I hope he really will remember before it is too late. (But of course he will, this is a kkolmakov story!)
312 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »