Reviews for The Power of Love
gameangel147 chapter 10 . 4/22
I absolutely love She-Who-Knits making and leaving hats out for the elves! XD

Dobby's inclusion in this is my favorite so far, and their hug at the end is beyond heartwarming. :D
gameangel147 chapter 8 . 4/17
In case you didn't already know, I think you meant the breakout happened between First and Second year.

I liked a lot in this. Neville stepping up, and being a useful friend. Getting a bit of a peek inside Dumbledore's mind, and seeing some of Viktor and Fleur. I was surprised to see Ron but it was pretty fun.
gameangel147 chapter 3 . 3/25
This was a great chapter, and learning about societies views was pretty crushing, but at least there's some hope, with Jasmine's money and name. It was nice to learn about McGonagall, and I'm glad she's supporting them now.

The last part, with Jasmine reflecting on her past, did get a bit confusing. Specifically when it came to Hermione. The logic was a bit hard to follow. She wasn't scared, but she was afraid, then there were the two choices she had...

I think I got lost when Jasmine said Hermione chose to risk their friendship to save her, but she still chose the option which was being a "bad friend" in order to preserve it. I get that you were trying to give Hermione a reason to feel bad, and to spotlight the sacrifice she was making to protect Jasmine, but the choice feels needlessly complicated. Especially since Hermione did warn the broom could be cursed and recommended it be turned over (though not sure if your version is different in that regard).

I think Hermione having hesitated in reporting the broom for fear of losing her friends would have been enough, and it would have kept focus on Hermione's sacrifice. Could just be me as well. I reread the section trying to sort out the logic. :P

I still enjoyed that scene, and I'm glad that Jasmine is growing, and will return that support to Hermione. I feel a lot of stories end up with Harry getting all the support (usually because they're the one everyone is trying to kill), so it's nice to see things going both ways. :)
gameangel147 chapter 1 . 3/24
Over 300K words? Now this is more like it! XD

I'm glad it picks up where the last story left off, and I'm liking the dive into McGonagall. I never realized how passive she was in the books. I forgot about her most of the time, to be honest. Should be an interesting meeting to have.

The soul bond is new to me. I'm pretty new to HP fics in general, and this is my first Female Harry story ever, so I'm glad you explained it in your notes.
smashdenslap chapter 60 . 3/5
I enjoyed your fic sooooooo MUCH! THANK YOU FOR PENNING!
smashdenslap chapter 1 . 3/2
i love it!
Dreamer22 chapter 60 . 12/29/2021
I absolutely LOVE this story! I can't wait to read more!
WhatHaveIDiscovered chapter 54 . 11/11/2021
Blaise did better than me on controlling his laughter at the names. It was killing me hahaha
WhatHaveIDiscovered chapter 3 . 11/8/2021
The scene with Jasmine, Hermione, and Neville in the classroom was great. Got some good laughs out of that one.
cassnova5424 chapter 54 . 10/25/2021
that name scene is gold
Litfreak89 chapter 51 . 10/10/2021
"We could have bonded or something..."
Litfreak89 chapter 25 . 10/8/2021
"...simply hit him with a disarming spell and call it a win..." Jasmine is a touch more logical than Harry ever was!
Litfreak89 chapter 18 . 10/7/2021
"...there's no Hermione without Jasmine," made me think of Mass Effect 3 when Shepard and Garrus have that heartbreaking conversation at the end..."There's no Shepard without Vakarian." Gives me feels every time. Love the story so far, though!
Lolkar chapter 2 . 9/13/2021
So McG was okay with the bullying of Jas, but now she tells her she is one of her favourite student. That does not make sense.
RonRR chapter 57 . 8/11/2021
You wrote this back in 2015-16. I am reading it yet again in 2021 in the aftermath of a distressing year in american politics. The following quote from this chapter is such an apt description of what happened that it is almost prophetic. References to muggle and Voldemort removed/(edited).

"In every society there were always plenty of poor, underachieving members of the dominant class who resented the success of others and who felt they were entitled to more. ...they were a ready source of troops for anyone who could harness their resentments, focus them on politically vulnerable targets, and then unleash them in the service of whatever nonsensical ideology was convenient.

(He) didn't care about these (people). He had no interest in their hopes, their dreams, or their fears. All he cared about was the fact that they had managed to work themselves into a frothing hatred against minorities that had never harmed them in any way. Even better, they were now willing to be used by him to attack his enemies simply because he convinced them that his enemies and those minorities were the same thing."

I still love this story.

Ron