Reviews for The Power of Love
EmberQuill chapter 60 . 6/12
Damn. This is good. Very, very good.

So I got into this series thinking it would be a... somewhat standard Fem!Harry story. I'm not usually a fan of Harry/Hermione but I guess I thought that maybe Fem!Harry/Hermione would work better (spoiler: it definitely did). And then it ended up being so much better as it veered off in an entirely unexpected direction. Multiple times.

I love how the four champions started working together instead of competing. I love the ritual magic Jasmine and Hermione took part in. I love how Jasmine and Hermione sort of accidentally started a women's rights movement. I love the way you wrote Jasmine and Hermione and the way they developed throughout the story. Hermione was perfectly in-character and Jasmine was pretty much exactly what I'd expect a female Harry to be like. It was fun to watch Voldemort suffer throughout the whole fic and the Death Eaters were uncomfortably vile towards Jasmine, which feels like a weird thing to praise you for but I guess you accomplished exactly what you intended there.

I could go on for paragraphs, to be honest, so I'll just say that overall I thoroughly enjoyed it and consider the night I spent reading it instead of sleeping as time well spent. Now off to the next one. After a nap, maybe.

Oh, almost forgot to mention that I really like your portrayal of Dumbledore. Really straddles the line between the two most common portrayals (either "saint who can do no wrong" or "manipulative bastard one step away from being a dark lord"). And I love how all of his plans and schemes are... not necessarily unraveling, but just... entirely ineffective. Mostly because he actually has no idea what's actually going on. Meanwhile, everyone's moving to deal with problems without him, most of the time. Sirius found out about horcruxes, Jasmine managed to trick Fudge into admitting that the "unnamed dark wizards" who attacked her needed to be caught, Veela are restoring the forbidden forest, Goblins are preparing for war, etc. And it's all centering around Jasmine and Hermione.

I think the most impressive part is how I was constantly thinking, "Yes, that is the exact reaction I would have expected from a real person." The DMLE showing up to investigate the school, for example. Or Jasmine and Hermione talking through their disagreements instead of letting it boil over into huge arguments. Or Dumbledore being furious with Snape after Snape pawned off his task on Draco, who utterly screwed it up with that newspaper article. And so on...
Sparkling Ramtemis chapter 60 . 4/16
What a great story! I really like the ideas of those rituals, as I'm guessing they're setting the scene for your variation of the canon plot. Can't wait to read the sequel.
Sparkling Ramtemis chapter 50 . 4/15
Ok, so this got serious quickly. The graveyard scene was cruel. It was very realistic and that's probably what made it even more evil. I would not have been able to stop till it was over. But this follow up was quite good. Didn't expect it but it really helps to form the (hopefully) coming development. So thank you for this great story!
Sparkling Ramtemis chapter 36 . 4/15
I didn't get to comment a lot on this chapter, as I'm listening to it using TTS while working. But right now I really want to complement on this story arc.

Thank you so much for giving Walburga and Kreacher a second chance. I have never read about this idea and I'm loving it. Sirius needs somebody smart and slyrherin to support his griffindor tendencies.

About the rest of this story: Thank you! I feared it wouldn't work as a large story after reading the first part, but you put so much details and new ideas into it (love the veela arc) that it's hard to guess the overall plot. Well the solution for the hocruxes seems obvious, but I'm hoping for some other or more trouble.

Currently, I din't know how I feel about your Dumbledore. He is definitively not white and has never been. (Except when he's portrayed a oblivious to anything that's happening). I usually like him to be the evil overlord hiding in plain sight. This thing your portaying with possible explanations and ways he thinks is a bit weird. I don't know if I missed some sidenotes that would give me a better perspective or if these explanations will come later.

Also introducing the witches population to modern sexual education is really nice. I always wonderes how this was supposed to happen and very few authors in any kind of fictions take the time to tackle this really important topic. Sometimes I wonder how my life would have been, when I had read this kind of stories earlier in my life. But I guess, I just wouldn't have read them because I wouldn't have understood the underlying messages.

For me this story has a important female empowerment theme. It' s something I don't think about that often but it's quite nice to have such a casual introduction to this topic as food-for-thought.

So great story. I also really enjoy the recommended stories. I'll bookmarked quite a few already
Sam Murphy chapter 60 . 12/26/2020
This story is fuckin’ amazing ! I enjoyed myself a lot
It’s so well written your mind is fabulous
Sam Murphy chapter 50 . 12/26/2020
That was so satisfying ferret got payback finally !
Sam Murphy chapter 48 . 12/25/2020
That was awesome and terrifying !
Sam Murphy chapter 47 . 12/25/2020
Omg
Sam Murphy chapter 44 . 12/25/2020
At this rate honestly I thing I would rather not be a witch and stay in the muggle world.. they are so much worse right now !
I don’t know how she manage to stay in class with Snape.. I would write down all the bullying he does and all different bullying she has in wizard world and publish it somehow..
Sam Murphy chapter 43 . 12/25/2020
They are infuriating mind rapist deserves to die honestly Severus is low and Dumby is worse.. damn I’m so angry that I can’t find the word to express how much disgusting I am right now with those two...
I WANT PAYBACK !
Sam Murphy chapter 40 . 12/24/2020
I hope payback for Dummby and Snape.. I want revenge so bad..
The original books where sooooo frustrating for that!
I don’t care they are bastard I want them to pay
Sam Murphy chapter 22 . 12/22/2020
OMG the french insult of Fleur was epic !
I’m french and I had hell of a good laugh ️
SheWhoLivesInHell chapter 59 . 12/23/2020
:0 my name is in this chapter! in the ritual!
Sam Murphy chapter 34 . 12/23/2020
OMG THAT WAS FUCKIN’ AMAZING !
Sam Murphy chapter 32 . 12/23/2020