Reviews for Petrification Proliferation
Loving this
kase519 chapter 1 . 10/11/2022
This is awesome
SunPho3n1x chapter 7 . 8/25/2022
I loved this! Thank you for writing it!
Xiard Vron chapter 2 . 8/12/2022
Really good story. I want to keep reading but it’s almost midnight and I want to save some of this to read on a trip tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing your story with us, I am having a lot of fun reading it.
Toebang chapter 7 . 6/25/2022
Good story, bad review.

Thanks for writing,
~Toebang
hdres chapter 7 . 6/15/2022
An interesting and well written story. I enjoyed how one change took Harry’s future into a different direction. Thank you for sharing your story
Steve-Arkarian chapter 2 . 5/9/2022
Wizards and witches: a child has just been bitten by a basilisk, and another was possessed for a full year, let's not call in any healers to come and see them and only suggest that they might want to go to the hospital.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/27/2022
Right, Amelia..riiiiiight...you just HAD to WAVE YOUR WANDS IN KIDS' FACES because you "had to check out every lead"...suuuure...just like you HAD to STUN SECOND YEAR KIDS...sure...right... Power-hungry jackass cops are the same whether in real life or fanfiction.
Wolvie26 chapter 7 . 4/13/2022
Love it!
Unca Bob chapter 7 . 4/8/2022
Fantastic story, very much enjoyed it.
Incantations7 chapter 7 . 4/7/2022
This one could have easily gone on for another 3-5 chapters, but as it’s marked as complete, oh well…
David12leca chapter 7 . 2/24/2022
Take a bow what a story
Cwhit930 chapter 7 . 1/31/2022
Thanks for the share
Guest chapter 7 . 1/21/2022
Must say, I'm glad you attempted to explain things without resorting to the "Dumbledore is clearly evil" excuse for explaining way alleged plot holes.

Take the "how did he know the Potters were dead and Harry alive and know to send Hagrid in the first place" question people use as though it's emphatical proof of Albus being behind everything. It's like people honestly believe the Potters were the only wizards in town or something.

Canon ways he could have, and likely did, learn of the event:

1) We see in a flashback that Snape was there before even Sirius was. So after Snape is done crying, he could have sent a patronus to Dumbledore with a message of what happened. He then flees so as not to be seen, disappearing before Sirius arrives. Dumbledore having received the message then sends Hagrid to retrieve baby Harry and care for him until Dumbledore sends for him again while Dumbledore then proceeds to begin making arrangements for Harry (meaning Hagrid likely took care of Harry at his hut for the day before receiving word to bring him to Privet Drive).

I mean duh, people. This is honestly a quite likely time line.

2) As said, they were not the only wizards in town. We know of at least Bathilda Bagshot having lived there since Dumbledore was a student, and that she knew him well. We also see in a flashback that the townsfolk were out and about while Voldemort walked through the place so it's not like it was particularly late at night. The breaking of the Fidelus charm and the numerous wizards appearing (on a noisy motorcycle for example) no doubt grabbed some attention. So now the owls start flying from other wizards in town, such as Bathilda, after what just happened is discovered.

The fandom's explanation: Nah, Dumbledore clearly orchestrated the whole thing, and even helped frame Sirius so he could be out of the way, because apparently there's no possible way for him to know what happened otherwise.

*Forehead meets table*

Unfortunately, not all of your readership agreed that Dumbledore isn't behind everything... So in answer to one reviewers questions/accusations...

"The various things he's kept to himself so far are one serious strike against him"

Ever heard the saying "loose lips sink ships"?

While I don't subscribe to the evil Dumbledore theory, he is absolutely playing chess. He's the leader of one side of a war, of course he bloody is. If he wasn't then he's side has already lost, they're all dead already, so of course he's bloody playing chess. Doesn't make him evil though. Sports captians etc "play chess" as well (we're speaking metaphorically here), that's what coming up with plays are, with in game strategy. Is your sports captain/coach inherently evil then because of this? Of course not. Tch.

But I digress. Dumbledore would have been a pretty piss poor war time leader (and chess player) if he didn't keep things to himself. They didn't know who they could trust, remember. Like Pettigrew for example. Remember him?

Not knowing who certain information would be safe with means he can't know who to look to for help and thus takes it all on himself. (Of course the saying isn't just about people blabbing but also related to sonar detection I imagine for things like submarines).

"but the other is Harry's abuse by the Dursleys ... Doesn't Dumbledore face any culpability for this, considering he personally placed Harry there, without telling anyone else where he was"

And yet everyone seemed to know he was there. All those wizards he would meet on the street... But I'm guessing you're one of the, unfortunately, many who believe Dumbledore knew Harry was abused and that he got off on the fact.

Know many child abusers who advertise what they're doing do you? Let alone those who like to portray an appearance of "normal".

"then never bothered to check up on him?"

Yes, I'm sure the magic hating Dursley's would have agreed to take him if they knew they would constantly have to deal with people they hated. *Snort*. And what do you think Mrs Figg was. Funnily enough, the fandom never bash her for not doing her job and reporting Harry's abuse to Dumbledore. Because again, abusers don't advertise the fact they're abusing someone. The Dursleys like to maintain the story that Harry is a nogoodnick. Having to help with the gardening would have likely been explained away as punishment for some alleged misdeed, everything else happened behind closed doors.

"Not to mention ignoring his complaints about them in first year?"

Don't recall Harry telling Dumbledore exactly what he went through. Child abusers make sure to instill in their victims to not talk about it, to tell no one.

"Is he also his magical guardian, or is that fanon? I honestly can't remember lol."

Probably fanon. Like Alice Longbottom being his Godmother is since he apparently didn't have a Godmother. Like Potter Manor *snort* What Potter Manor? The money Harry has isn't old money from some ancient house, it's money his grandfather made after he created a hair potion. *Snort* Potter Manor lol *knee slap*

"Because if so, that'd probably make him even more guilty since he'd have even more responsibility to Harry."

I don't deny Dumbledore made numerous mistakes. Nor does Dumbledore. It's the rest of the Wizarding world that believe the man infallible. And despite the fandom's attitude toward him, you too clearly believe him so given how the bashers are of the opinion he knew absolutely everything that was happening every second of the day because the fact he didn't do anything about these things you presume him to be aware of is part of why he is believed to be orchestrating everything, even orchestrating Riddle into becoming Voldemort. *Rolls eyes*

Maybe if you all accepted he was human. I mean, James and Lily made a mistake in trusting Pettigrew, don't see them getting their ass hauled over hot coals for it. But that's because the fandom don't expect them to have been all knowing whereas they just presume Dumbledore is. Even with the character himself stating to have "made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child alive" the fandom perceive him as being omniscient. That's on you.

Add in the fact JK seems to play fast and loose with her own rules (see DH and how Ron revealed Shell cottage despite not being secret keeper, or Bill revealed where the rest were despite not being that places secret keeper) and the result is evil mastermind Dumbledore, Dark Lord extraordinaire, who started planning this whole thing in the 40's or some shit and is out to steal money from an orphan.

And let's not get into the injustice done to Molly Weasley, a woman who apparently committed the grave sin of loving and caring about a motherless boy who desperately needed a mother's love in his life. What a horrible woman /s

Anyway, really enjoyed the read. Very nice. I've read some of your shorter fics already, and will now be moving on to the one with Hermione going back in time they save the Potters. I've read the first few chapters of Accidental Animagus but it's a bit...large, to be getting through it all now. I will have to do that one in instalments. But thank you for being not only a good writer, but one who can have their own ideas as well.
Sparkling Ratemis chapter 7 . 1/4/2022
Great story. At the start absolutely hilarious, but actually quite logical. Well written and well thought-out. The ending is fine with me. The length is well chosen. Not to long but still with many details and well wrapped up.
Thank you for writing!