Reviews for Shivered Timbers
C0smic chapter 2 . 9/3/2015
Would like to point out that you have a habit of redundantly using the same words. For ex: you used the word "usually" 2-3 times in the same paragraph. Reading the same words repeated multiple times can be irritating and mess up the structure of a paragraph. Try broadening your word choice. Maybe read through a thesaurus? When I'm writing I tend to read through my thesaurus and pick up colorful words that add depth to the story. You want to broaden your word choice so it doesn't sound like your reading a broken record, but at the same time you don't want to go over board and constantly use difficult words to the point where the reader can barely understand what they're reading.

Other than that, I still enjoy this story so far. :)
C0smic chapter 1 . 9/3/2015
This was honestly such a strong start. Your writing style is very mature and you have great sentence structure. Hopefully the rest of the chapters won't disappoint. I'm guessing the child ate a Devil Fruit that is a snow element? Definitely looking forward to seeing what you do with this concept if my prediction is correct
MagentaCrystal59 chapter 12 . 9/2/2015
As Haruhi says: I hate all these damn rich people.
Not the nice ones, just those like Sabo's father. Those Nobels...
Still, I'm curious what will happen next.
MagentaCrystal59 chapter 11 . 8/29/2015
Monet, you spoil brat bitch! You just had to pull this off to push them away even more.
Still, I'm curious on what's coming up, so looking forward to new chapter.
Phaedronica chapter 10 . 8/11/2015
I'm going to leave this review short & sweet for now... I adore this story. Everything about it is just so lovely and beyond beautiful! Your writing is impressive, as I'm not finding many errors at all. Very nice. c:

The only minor problem I have is that I feel like she's spending a lot of chapters as a kid. Though that's probably just partially my own impatience talking. I can't wait to see what she's like once she grows up! I'm also anxious to see how she'll interact with Ace later and if she'll train with anyone to hone her skills more. Will she become a Pirate, a Marine, or something else? We don't know yet, but it's a pretty cool story so far! (And please don't actually answer me on that, since I hate spoilers lol!)

Anyway please don't give up on this! It's the best Ace x OC fic I've ever read and that's saying alot!

-Phaedra ;D
Jeannie chapter 1 . 7/30/2015
You officially have my attention dear! I can't wait to read the rest and see where this goes. I don't even normally read OC fics but I'm going to give this one a chance. Your writing style is so dramatic, and yet down to earth. It's amazing!
DannyPhantom619 chapter 10 . 7/22/2015
Aww...I hope Monet forgives Shiori one day and mend their friendship.
MagentaCrystal59 chapter 10 . 7/21/2015
Wow, Chouko sounds cool. Way better than a jealous Monet!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 1 . 7/13/2015
Wonderful!
Update immediately, please!
MagentaCrystal59 chapter 9 . 7/11/2015
Wow, I'm amazed e didn't burn the fish. Great chapter!
DannyPhantom619 chapter 9 . 7/11/2015
But I thought only Akoji ate the Ice Ice Fruit.
Is it because she actually DID eat a Devil Fruit or is it that the sea doesn't like Valkyries.
MagentaCrystal59 chapter 8 . 7/3/2015
Yay! Ace! Also, somethinng tells me she'll encounter that tiger again. Well, it's a cat and Shiori wanted one. Though that's just me overthinking...
alexc123 chapter 7 . 6/26/2015
Gawd I hate nobles.
MagentaCrystal59 chapter 7 . 6/26/2015
Wait...that's Sabo? As in the Sabo? This must be earlier before everyone thought he was dead. I'm sure I'm right! There can only be one!
DannyPhantom619 chapter 7 . 6/26/2015