Reviews for Just Following Orders
shadow chapter 10 . 8/13
I liked the chapter!1
Guest chapter 6 . 11/8/2016
So um. No uzumaki vitality?
shedges19 chapter 2 . 6/12/2016
who will Naruto be with will it be someone from a clan
KnowPein chapter 1 . 11/22/2015
Nice start :)

so Naruto would be an OC here ?
Von kiks chapter 10 . 10/10/2015
Can you please just remove the pairing tag of Kushina, one of the reasons for checking out your story but sasly its not, are you just doing that to attract readers or what.!

I am curious what Naruto is even doing in this story, reading your story I think your probably a fanboy of Minato since in most of the scenes his presense usually outshine everyone in whatever he does, with him being a prodigy and whatnot, basically Naruro's a boring character, being an Uzumaki I expected him being a genius with fuinjutsu or something like that but no we're stuck with him only focusing on being a medic-nin and yet you haven't even shown us what kind of medic training he's doing apart from the first chapter, I mean without a sensei he's just stuck with "mystique palm technique" which is the only thing he has learnt so far..

And also Naruto's a fucking Uzumaki, whom during the start you kind of pointed out are like Gods in the Art of Fuinjutsu, I mean compare to others but you still haven't shown us any of that in Naruto who's still just making his own exploding tags. WTF man you just wasted all that potential of him being creative with that art while we have Minato same age as Naruto yet he can practically figure out an enemy ninja's technique while during a battle. And now Minato's shown his interest in Fuinjutsu, who even though isnt an Uzumaki will one day in the future create a Godly technique with the art while Naruto probabaly will be working in the hospital. Yeah I can definitely see it, him beating Kaguya with a fucking Chakra scapel in the future.

Lastly why is Kushina even in a team with cannon fodders, she's a jinchuriki for fuck sake. Apart from some few characters you basically ignored most, I mean there are Tsume, Hiashi or Mikoto who you could have team up with Kushina. Seriously with your attitude in writing the story its not worth reading, with how just you don't explain or skip some of the stuff that happens in the story just cause you don't feel like it..
FlawlessMirage chapter 4 . 10/10/2015
D:

This isn't Naruto/Kushina?

Bleh.

I'm outta here.
WindyCitySlayer1 chapter 10 . 10/6/2015
Yes I do like bacon with syrup on it
And time skip would be good to when there chunnin
And I think the reason the second shonobi war happen was the fall of Uzugakure and the Surpise attack by the other villages
darkmaelstrom456 chapter 10 . 10/6/2015
Nice chapter and chin in exams only if something special like a new move or something happens
Bigun03 chapter 10 . 10/6/2015
They should get a field promotion instead of going through the exams. And to answer your question Yes I like maple syrup drizzled bacon but only with pancakes.
WhatzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzUP chapter 10 . 10/6/2015
Do you mean the third shinobi war? IDK, I'm a bit confused with your time-line right now. Minato and Kushina were 24 when they had Naruto, and in their late teens, early twenties at the end of the third shinobi war.

The Second shinobi war happened and ended before Minato was even a genin I believe, and the census is generally that the third was caused by the destruction of the Uzumaki clan. With them being destroyed between the end of the second and before the outbreak of third shinobi war after Kushina was sent to Konoha. Thus, having Kushina targeted by Kumo most likely to do her genes, and said 'chakra' that goes with those genes. Considering the Uzumaki chakra, and life-spans were basically a kekkei-genkai by themselves. The fact that she was the jinchuriki was likely completely unknown, since no one knew, mostly just suspected, that Konoha had the nine-tails under their control. I don't believe that Mito Uzumaki did much outside of containing the the nine-tails during her time, let alone ever showed herself in battle. Basically it would be impossible for kumo to knowof her status holding the kyuubi at bay, and other then maybe a spy seeing her hair or knowing her last name, found out she was an uzumaki, and thus of interest since they had all been basically wiped out just a few months prior.

So ya, I guess are you changing up the time-line significantly and ages of people from canon naruto? If so, then go for it. It would make sense for Konoha going to war over Kumo trying to kidnap Kushina, and it would also explain cannon wise, why Konoha was so scared of denying Kumo's claims for a hyuga after their attempted kidnapping of Hinata. Considering they 'caused' a war because of it once before.

As for the time skip? I'm fine with it. Especially since they weren't around until After the third shinobi war. Really even then, I feel like more stories should skip over the chunin exams or not even participate in them. Most, I assume that is, ninja are promoted in the field or do to their success on missions and what not. The chunin exams were basically ignored every few years by villages because of them being hosted in hostile territory. Iwa and Kumo shinobi aren't going to Konoha, and vice versa. Really it was just a measuring stick for the larger villages to say, look at us, we are better then all of these little guys/villages!
Shigure Toshiro chapter 10 . 10/6/2015
Good chapter, as to your question, I would say skip the chunin exams or if you truly have something original in mind for it write it.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
skg1991 chapter 10 . 10/6/2015
Just have them as Chunnin
War Sage chapter 10 . 10/6/2015
Good chapter
firetemplar415 chapter 10 . 10/6/2015
No more chunin exams!
But the kidnapping part sounds interesting.
RandalNubs chapter 10 . 10/6/2015
I would be cool if you skipped the chunnin exams, as I definitely agree it can get pretty redundant. Enjoyed the chapter, would like to see naruto as a chunnin in the future !