Reviews for The Billow Effect 9: With a Little Bit of Help
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/28/2018
It's a bad day when playing Crucio Roulette with the Dark Lord is preferable to Umbridge's croaks. (Iove the idea of the vpice-changing potion myself).

So, was Montague nearly murdered this time around? (but of course the twins are wonderful, we know, sigh).

But we all know Harry Potter will never learn. Besides, what would Albus do without his scapegoat? It's so much easier to him when Harry hates Snape instead of him.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2018
Eboni is a good name for a house elv *giggles*
Thx :-)
HoneyBear84 chapter 1 . 11/6/2017
Hope there will be more from the "The Billowing Effect" series
HoneyBear84 chapter 1 . 11/6/2017
Aww poor Sev and elfs its just one annoying year after another since Harry started Hogwort's lol
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 1 . 2/12/2017
Please keep The Billow Effect going! I'd love to see some Dobby-Snape interaction...or even better, Kreacher-Snape interaction! And what about Winky?
Saint Snape chapter 1 . 2/12/2017
I am sorry I am at the end of these. Please continue to write them!
Acop chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
Well, I love this serie almost as much as spinner end, except tht it's too short lol I really hope you're going to diverge from cannon and make the house elves save him from nagini's venom !
Thank you for your stories, I think they are really different from what you usully find even if somme others are very good too.
Alethea27 chapter 1 . 6/7/2015
Sad story. I always felt bad that Severus did try his best to prevent the MOM disaster, but Harry never knew it and blamed Severus for getting Sirius killed. It was Sirius' fault to start with. He ignored Dumbles' orders to remain at headquarters and he obviously forgot Mad-Eye's first rule of thumb, "Constant Vigilance!" He should have been watching Bellatrix's wand hand instead of taunting her and allowing his focus to slip.
YenGirl chapter 1 . 5/28/2015
Oooh...! You reminded me of how annoying and just plain... evil... Umbridge was. I'm glad Severus managed to prank her a bit... if only she had that croaking in canon!

With Severus' year going not so well, I'm glad he had the continuing support of the house elves. Their loyalty will never waver for their Potions Master. At least he wasn't as alone as he was in canon.

But still, he couldn't stop the blood quill and worse, he couldn't prevent Sirius' death. It aggravated me, seeing how his hands were tied. Yes, Harry did learn Severus was the good guy in the end, but of course by then it was too late.

It won't be here, I'm sure, right Ree? *makes big Puss in Boots eyes at you*
Su No Yo chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
Yo. Quick go-over of a nice little story at the bottom. Not as actiony as others, nor as full of character moments, but I like the little touches such as Bell and Rung's child. Is the new diction of the House Elves due to exposure to Severus over the years? Ha! The elves are enabling Severus by means of drugging him with alcohol and calming draughts; anything to keep the peace, eh?
And Severus, in turn, is poisoning people in a way that reminds me of Deal!Severus.
And he's still as snarky as possible even when fighting his outward strictures.
Love how he keeps insisting that he will never order them, that he will ask or request, but never that. He sees them as friends and family.
And all the conspiracies! All of them! Makes sense as, in the books, House Elves can get around powerful wards and things, but they 'can't get rid of fireworks or swamps'. :P
And Severus did *try* to keep the mutt safe. Sometimes I think he should have hauled Harry into his office, dropped the I Warned Black About This memory into the Pensieve and let Harry see that he could be trusted. Would have saved a fair amount of heartache all around.
Only two more canon one-shots to go and then I assume there's be an epilogue to this series?

Quick Corrections:
/"she has/ - "She has

/not to noticeable/ - not to noticeably

/Severus was glad [...] even with it./ - Two short sentences that can easily become one slightly longer sentence, turn the full stop into a comma and drop the case on the corresponding letter.

/remarkable well/ - remarkably well.

/Severus made it [...] in delight./ - make them into one longer sentence.

/Hogwarts house-elves/ - House Elves.

/"I am positive [...] stupid now."/ - you have speech marks there where, perhaps you wanted quotation marks to indicate inner thoughts.

Query on the fact that Severus saw "the thestrals flying off with their passengers" but then seems to forget that he saw Harry on a thestral in the next few segments. Was he not close enough to get a good look, or is he concerned about Polyjuice or what?

/evening for many/ - 'evening for anyone' sounds better.

/checking into his warning/ - perhaps 'investigating his warning' instead? It sounds a little better and a bit more proactive.
Phoenix1592 chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
Without the elves, Severus might have lost his temper with umbridge, but they were always there forewarning and forearming him

Severus really shouldn't blame himself, ip otter never learned to look past appearances and goes off 'to save the day' like a fool

Fennel is right one day he will learn, but that day might just be too late
KitElizaKing chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
That was a pretty difficult year for Severus. Not as bad as some to come, but he was torn every which way in that year and he had Umbridge to deal with, too. Poor guy. I always thought he'd feel regret for not being able to reassure Harry, but then Harry had not learned to understand that Severus was going to do what was right, either. The teen just couldn't pick up on the subtleties of what Severus was trying to tell him and acted impulsively.
Thanks for this chapter on his point of view of that year, and of how the house elves helped him and the rest of Hogwarts survive that year. This was really interesting, and thoughtful.
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
This was good.

I liked how the elves assist Severus and the elves sitting with their young was a nice image. The threat of hot chocolate was a nice touch.

5th year would be hard on everybody I liked how Severus was able to counter the use of a truth potion on students and was able to alter the voice of Umbridge.

A good point about the elves being without a master once Albus escapes Hogwarts.

I think Minerva was the one who really let Harry down in 5th year she should have spoken to him and could have but did not. Making Harry life harder and the tasks of Severus much more difficult.

Having Severus teach Harry Occlumency was always going to end badly.

A good point about Umbridge only lasting a year.

Thanks for this.
Syl chapter 1 . 5/23/2015
A nice backstage story of what Snape was doing while Umbridge was there. His insight into Potter is right on and I LOVE your ELVES! They call him "Severus"! I love it.
Syl
beargirl1393 chapter 1 . 5/23/2015
If anyone would understand having to do what your master(s) tell you to do, even if you don't want to, it would be the house elves. I love the friendship and mutual respect that Severus and all of the house elves have. (And Bell and Rung have a little one, too cute!) Great story, as always.