Reviews for Chiaroscuro
GutsyNiqqa chapter 70 . 9/14
I started reading this fic during the summer, I got about 50 chapters in before I stopped reading it for whatever reason and just these past few days read the remaining 20 chapters. While I enjoy longfics I find a lot of them to be drawn out, on top of that your story isn't exactly the kind of niche I'm generally absorbed in. Despite all this, I have to say I enjoyed this fic far more than I thought I would.

About the longfic thing, a lot of longfics are drawn out and it feels like the author is just writing words for the sake of writing words, thankfully I rarely get that feeling with this story. What does worry me however is the fact that we're 70 chapters in and Naruto is only 14. Now, this would be fine but I find a lot of authors get really deep into a fic and then for whatever reason stop and it really sucks when you get that invested into the story for it all to end like that. I don't think you plan on stopping anytime soon, but it's always a worry in the back of my head that I'll be 100 chapters in only to get an update that you've decided to write a novel yourself, or something similar, and can't work on this fic anymore.

I really enjoyed Shikamaru in this. I'll admit that the politically centered take you have on Naruto does at times get a bit exhausting as it's not my cup of tea, but in the context of the story I really enjoy it. Watching Shikamaru descend deeper and darker, and become more like what his father was afraid of in the beginning is both chilling and satisfying to watch. At times I wonder if Shikamaru is gonna snap and pull an Itachi or something just as twisted but in a different way.

I like the extreme take you have on Kakashi and the shit he pulls helps brighten the story up when it gets too clogged up in its own darkness.

I'll admit Naruto doesn't intrigue me nearly as much as he does in canon. I like that you realize that he was never some retard incapable of intelligent thought, but at the same time don't make him out to be some intellectual god the likes of which have never been seen before.

I appreciate that you didn't treat Ino like some side character and she having to lead her clan is a turn I wasn't expecting. She's really underrated by most of the fanbase despite some of the ridiculous contributions she had in the war.

All in all I really liked this fic. I'm someone who really likes the canon especially a lot of parts of the canon that people seem to bag on, so I'm looking for something a little different than the average reader of naruto fanfiction since I believe that most of the original story was done incredibly well. This fic has motivated me to think deeper on my own, although to be honest, I don't think I'll ever publish anything. Anyway, I hope you update soon cause I can't wait to see what Kakashi pulls as Hokage.
AquilaPallas129 chapter 70 . 9/14
This fic is amazing, and while it is very dark and depressing, I am always laughing through the bits of humour seeping through. I really hope this clusterfuck is done soon, and they can all heal and be happy and awesome. And please let Danzo die soon!
ThePastaDragon chapter 70 . 9/13
Gaaaah everything is so good. My favorite moment in this whole chapter has to go to Hinata and the Hyƫga though like holy shit.
h chapter 1 . 9/11
WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you only looked at the word warning! Once there was a little girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and she lives in a mental hospital, because she killed her mom and dad. She got so bad she went to kill all the staff in the hospital so the More-government decided that the best idea was to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her, as humane as possible but it went wrong the machine they were using went wrong. And she sat there in agony for hours until she died. Now every week on the day of her death she returns to the person that read this letter, on a Monday night at 12:00 a.m. She creeps into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching you bleed to death. Now send this to ten other pictures on the site, and she will haunt someone else who doesn't. This isn't fake, apparently, if you copy and paste this to ten comments in the next ten minutes you will have the best day of your life tomorrow...,...
J
IndianaJohhney chapter 70 . 9/5
The story is so fun and light some times. And then it gets chilling! It's the best!
Redrover1760 chapter 70 . 9/2
Oh my gosh what a cliffhanger I just finished off reading the entire story first time and I get this. HYPE
Redrover1760 chapter 69 . 9/2
Sasori tempting fate. Its funny when the villains do it.
Abdullahsaurus chapter 70 . 8/31
Spooky
fannypackage chapter 70 . 8/30
I love how smart and understanding the kids and Kakashi are towards each other. The open communication is so refreshing when so many other stories or shows rely on miscommunication to drive the plot forward. It's dumb and makes me want to bang my head into the wall. These characters are smart, because if they're not they die.

And I like how the secrets they keep from each other are all calculated and not just because they think it may "hurt the other parties feelings".

Damn this is an amazing Hinata. Holy crap. I'm surprised she moved so fast with her plan. I've never been into her as a character but this makes me so much interested in her developing story. ALSO now I'm mad that the main series never really brought up the very serious issues about the Hyuga clan and just glossed over it.

I'm very excited for the awful things Kakashi's going to put them through for ANBU. Very curious to see who of the 3 will have the best transition into ANBU. My money is on Ino because I feel like she has the best understanding of her own emotions and how to compartmentalize. Shika is smart but I think he will struggle with it a bit by over thinking and forcing his emotions down. I think Naruto is going to do a bit better than Shika 'cuz he has dogs now. Since they're really good support animals.

Also very curious to see what Gaara is up to and what he's been thinking.

Anyways, thanks for writing! I've enjoyed this greatly.
Redrover1760 chapter 30 . 8/27
WhistlesOfTin chapter 70 . 8/23
Ahahahaha I live for Hinata sticking it to her family.
Merediththomson chapter 70 . 8/23
This story is amazing ... I've read hundreds of fanfictions and rarely do they leave me feeling the way yours has. It's so perfectly balanced and your characters are excellent. I waited a while to read it so it would have more chapters but then I couldn't wait any longer ... you've got great story writing talent ! keep it up
I'm one of the weirdos who adores Time Braid to a ridiculous, senseless degree, and I think this is my favorite Naruto fic regardless
Skyrere chapter 70 . 8/22
oh pook Kakashi. YAY HINATA!
stylo1 chapter 5 . 8/22
anyone can manipulate any element some just come easier.
is it telling that the first talk about chakra is wrong? lets hope not it is already a lot of talk, much of it admittedly funny just not really relevant to the plot or any other part of the story. (like a comedian doing a show, many times with a plot thats just there to build his jokes around but in the long run doesnt matter)
7,832 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »