Reviews for Chiaroscuro
MangekyouSharingan1234 chapter 1 . 10/12
Are you a girl? because it feels like this is from a girl's point of view.
MangekyouSharingan1234 chapter 20 . 10/12
BONUS #14: Is that Kakashi's message to his students?
MangekyouSharingan1234 chapter 12 . 10/12
I haven't finished the chapter, but can't Ino or Shikamaru force the other teams members to take off their bands?
MangekyouSharingan1234 chapter 9 . 10/12
shi masa moto kishi
Masashi Kishimoto
An anagram? Really?
H3zy chapter 74 . 10/2
What happened to the best story
iacopo.passerini chapter 2 . 9/18
Ah grande!
outlawpoet chapter 74 . 9/12
I love this story. A good foundation of worldbuilding to fill out the missing bits in naruto, and a lot of character moments. I hope Shikamaru and friends make it through this war in one piece! Poor Iwa, they're fated to be the bad guys("worse guys?", "largely the same, but opposed to the side with all the main characters so they come off worse guys") who get their just deserts.
Yoooooo you came through here man, this was excellent! So good! 12/10. Orochimaru is so creepy. I’m scared for kakashi though.
Hmmm. It seems like you’re modeling a lot of these guys after cheesy military try-hards. They’re even screaming “maggots” and stuff. And they scream literally every single thing. I really hope you don’t have orochimaru screaming...
I’ve never seen kakashi portrayed as being SOOO heavily involved in his students affairs. You’ve made him way more participant, not just shikamaru. I also feel at times with your dialogue that it seems more like you are giving the characters a single personality and it reads like you are literally talking to yourself and saying what you think would be funny to say, then trying to one-up yourself. Like at times they seem to have one voice.

Also the scene where kakashi intrudes on those strangers’ date came off very “I’m a male who thinks he knows what every female truly wants - so much so that even when I encounter two perfect strangers on a date I am bold enough to point out that she ‘doesn’t actually want to be there’ simply bc of the way she’s sitting”... that whole thing read more like Kakashi was looking out for the GUY notttt for the girl, and that he thinks very little of the girl and the guy in that equation did nothing wrong. Like it’s what a “nice guy” would write if he was trying to write a confident/sexy man who is supposed to be the ‘overconfident experienced older brother’ trope. Especially since he does all of it while leading a parade of genin through the city and then smugly explaining his every antic to them. Not so Kakashi.
Canon Kakashi seems more like the type to quietly watch the drama unfold from the shadows like a real life scene from his Icha-Icha book, not presume that any two strangers would ever want/need to know his opinions on their relationship at any given time.
Whoa. You’re actually a really good writer. Like, really fucking good. Almost too good for fanfiction.

But that’s good news for me. I’m excited to continue this.
shadowmere388 chapter 74 . 9/5
Holy fuck.
This is such a god damn good story.
Its actually amazing how well you've blended every individual part of your narrative into one seamless master piece. Props to you, I eagerly await the next chapters to come
chaosreaver chapter 74 . 8/28
God damn i could not put this story down. As soon as i started, this story has been like crack. I need more! Im pretty sure this is the best kakashi ive ever read. This story is most likely in my top 10 now as well. Keep up the amazing work!
yesboss21 chapter 19 . 8/27
...so he can no longer use chakra?
yesboss21 chapter 18 . 8/27