Reviews for Chiaroscuro
SeverlyLate chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Look forward for more...
Like your take. Lasy Naras is so cliche.
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Well now. That's quite the story premise. I can't wait to see what you intend to do with this story. Should be an interesting ride!
Latherial chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Good first chapter, looking forward to next one.
Publicola chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
This single chapter is so very very good that I was very strongly tempted to add it to my list of Favorites even though it is only a single chapter from an author I do not know well. Write a second chapter as good as this, and I won't even bother resisting the temptation. Very well done, and very promising - I've always thought Shikamaru Nara was an ideal foil for Naruto, all the brains vs. all the energy, so it's nice to see him used for a more central role. I'm noticing also you've given him a semi-traumatized background, nothing too major but with definite shades of an ominous future. I hope you don't go full-blown angst, but use this as another foil for Naruto's indefatigable optimism. Keep up the good work!
knifeandko chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
I think you have got a great start of a story, will be glad to read more of it.
echo42 chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
Ooh, a Shika-centric, there aren't many good ones, but I am confident you can make it awesome!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
I love this Shikamaru already. Not that I didn't already love canon!Shikamaru, but he really ticked me off sometimes.
Will Naruto and Sasuke show up?
caboose on a moose chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
what is it with you and writing about all my favorite characters! best author ever!
Wow chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
What a terrifying but great start.
Shikamaru does have the potential to become some sort of Gary-Stu, but seeing as this story does have some pretty dark undertones, I'd say that as long as you keep up with this whole "more powerful people have shittier lives" theme, you're good to go.
Gelasia Kidd chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
This story has the potential to ascend to the most famous, enthralling fic based on Shikamaru on the site. I'm excited to see where your muse leads you.
Miroku Kensei chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
This. This is the type of Shikamaru story I scour this site for. Thank you.
THIS chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
I AM IN LOVE.
Glaindy chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
Shikamaru that isn't a lazy-ass, is a perfection.
(It's kinda weird, tbh)
LittleFaeChild chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
Love it!

Amazing story! :D
blarker654 chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
"I am the son of Shikaku Nara and Yoshino Nara, formerly Yoshino -,"

This makes it sound like before she was married, Yoshino Nara's name was Yoshino Yoshino. It sounds a bit odd, but of course if this could be what you were going for, and in the end Yoshino's maiden name really doesn't make much of a difference.

Anyways, I saw this story when I was checking up on that awesome Harry Potter story you've got going on, and I have to say, this looks like a very promising start. Shikamaru actually using that massive brain of his instead of being a lazy-ass like the rest of the Nara, well, I haven't actually read anything like that before, and it sets up a story that I very much want to read.

Good luck with both of your stories, you're a great writer with awesome ideas!
9,111 | « Prev Page 1 .. 596 603 604 605 606 607 .. Last Next »