Reviews for A New Life Part 1
Dashusi4ka chapter 1 . 11/22/2016
shmoopy! so shmoopy, I can't even, omg! I think I'm developing cavities from this story alone, ugh. at the same time I don't dislike it. huh. oops?
VioletErin.26 chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
Yay. Beautiful. So cool how Luke managed to get his father back. Wow. Really impressive. Love reading about their emotions. While I don't really like Leia I can understand her reluctance towards Anakin. Nice to see Hans pov.
guest chapter 1 . 5/19/2016
Great story!
jess chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I know it's been 11 years, but id like to read more :)
5SecsOfLARRYcat chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Amazing! I love it! :D

Can't wait to read part 2! :)
Jedi1952 chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
While I like the story, which I just reread, I have to agree with Emalin and Crush48. It is well written, but goes a bit over the board on emotions for these strong characters.
YeIIow Diamond chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Hi, Just came across this story. I like it alot but...Luke and Anakin seem heavily OOC at times. They seem super sensitive emotionally, and in my opinion, Luke comes off a bit more feminine than the Movie's potrayal. Good Story, and I like the plot and word structures. It's just a bit too much with the way Anakin's personality is potrayed.
2wingo chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Now THAT was a good story.
Emalin chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Again, some very good insights, and some cute moments! (I wuv Wicket!) My advice for "Salvation" applies here as well. There's one other thing I noticed here, though: while "Salvation" covers an emotional scene where sundry conflicting feelings are expected, one right after the other, this scene seems to have too many of those. For a while I felt like I was being jerked around. Much of it is due to the fact that this fic digs into the characters' minds - which is a compelling thing, but there's always a danger of digging so deeply into the emotional aspect that the reader drowns. There's also a danger of characters slipping OOC; Anakin and Luke did that quite often here. I understand you're trying to portray the closeness of their father/son bond, as well as their reactions to its newness. As a whole, however, they came off as "emo" or "touchy-feely", and at the expense of their strong movie personalities. (If I remember correctly, Luke doesn't cry once during the entire saga, except for when Anakin dies at the end. Even then, he didn't break out sobbing. For that reason, I can't see Luke as crying that often, even after Anakin has been restored to him. If you think he would experience a whirlwind of emotion during this time, try drawing attention to the fact that his emotions are "in a whirlwind". That way, it wouldn't make it seem like he's ALWAYS like that. Same for Anakin.)

Now, I understand you have your own vision of the characters, and I hope I don't come across as harsh in my criticism. I offer it kindly. :) We can keep discussing it, if you like.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Great one-shot. :)
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
interesting
twisterblake chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
hey great story keep this up and update soon
QueenNaberrie chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
I spoke too soon. There is a sequel to "Salvation" WOOHOO! Reading it now. :)
starwars rocks chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Great story! You really "get inside" of the characters heads and protray their emotions well. Thanks for such a nice story - this is the way I wish Anakin always was!
ilovethestorys chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
really good. I don't know what tos ay exactly. you did a great job with both characters. Leia's reaction was perfect and the way you healed vader. SOme just go 'oh he;'s healed' but you gave a wonderful expination, grief. It was great. keep it up.