Reviews for Crisis: The Final Fantasy VII Novel
LightNovelCreations chapter 21 . 3/5/2021
please finish. It's been a year...
AsheKnoppers chapter 1 . 12/17/2019
I really hope this keeps updating! I have been following this for years now
Vicious Cerberus chapter 18 . 4/22/2016
I liked it and really wish there was more
Halo Cyan chapter 1 . 4/13/2016
I must say, you've set the mood very well here and the discriptions are vivid. Off to a really good beginning :)
Maverick Flare chapter 1 . 3/28/2016
Wow, quite serious chapter, I'm more used to lighter stories :). But seriously, the atmosphere is great, it really gives you the feeling of a shady town with dangers lurking everywhere. As for Cloud... it is kinda difficult to find him sympathetic until now, but we'll see how everything will develop later :). Otherwise characters are great with cool characterizations (and avoiding to fall into stereotypes (until now, at least)). I'm looking forward to the rest of your story, good work so far :).
MegaFlameHedge chapter 5 . 12/2/2015
Aww, so Nanaki's just a regular dog in this story? Not gonna lie, I'm a bit bummed because he's my favorite FF7 character, but hey. Creative liberty is totally valid.

Aerith as a gypsy is a fascinating decision, and I'm curious to see what comes of this and if the Cetra still exist in this universe. At this point, I realize that a lot of changes are in place, but each new one is quite intriguing. It's FF7, but different, and I can get behind that, as alt continuities are a thing in published media. The more I read, the more curious I become about this story's world and the adaptations of each character.

The plot thickens. ovo
MegaFlameHedge chapter 4 . 12/2/2015
Wow, Red XIII already? :o More surprises! I do wonder if Nanaki will be able to talk in this story, since one of his most interesting character traits was how he's stuck between two worlds, not human, but not entirely monstrous.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.
MegaFlameHedge chapter 3 . 12/2/2015
I'm really impressed by the way you do your fight scenes. They're so fast-paced, yet detailed at the same time. You do an excellent job describing the actions and combat styles, and it was an interesting shift to see Tifa using weapons rather than her fists.

You seem to be going into some of the financial consequences of AVALANCHE's actions, which is an interesting addition. With all the twists and turns, I still have no clue what to expect or where this is going.

Am I correct in guessing that this setting isn't Gaia as in the game, but an AU of earth? Not that the name of the planet makes a huge difference. Just something I noticed. o:
MegaFlameHedge chapter 2 . 12/2/2015
Interesting! So Cloud and Tifa weren't childhood friends in this universe? It's not a change I expected, but I'm curious to see how this affects the overall story, since I imagine it'll change things up come later events. Granted, I haven't read your CC novelization. Would it be best to start there?

The references to Angeal were a nice touch. It's cool that you're bringing in elements of CC here. c:
Ghost chapter 7 . 9/14/2015
Fifty Shades of Cloud? You really should just write a book.
metalchocobo13 chapter 14 . 9/13/2015
Well I should have seen that coming, but Cloud? A l'Cie? Oh he is in deep. Great job again this chap.!
MegaFlameHedge chapter 1 . 9/11/2015
Interesting! So Cloud's doing deliveries, eh? It makes me think of his job during Advent Children. You did a good job capturing just how dark and gritty a big city- especially a city as messed up as Midgar- could be, and it's interesting how he's doing other jobs in addition to acting as a mercenary against Shinra. I'm not sure what to expect. It' a novelization, but it's not a word for word one, which adds an air of unpredictability.

I think the only thing that threw me off were the moments where Barret used "u" instead of "you," but that's a minor nitpick. Overall, this is an intriguing start!
Lyumia chapter 12 . 8/9/2015
I like how there's more emphasis on Clouds split personality disorder, and Cloud singing ear bleeding songs by Britney Spears (actually I quite like her music) was AMAZING! But... Uh was that Sephiroth in the las chappie...?
Lyumia chapter 4 . 8/9/2015
Whoa trippy.
metalchocobo13 chapter 12 . 8/6/2015
Seriously dude, you've got a talent for writing. The way that you flow so seamlessly from serious moments to laugh out loud, "what the fudge brownies did I just read" moments is absolute perfection. You really demonstrated this in your account of the entire mansion affair, with Cloud flipping from easy-sleazy role-player to raging warrior in the blink of an eye. I'm only disappointed that our hero didn't crash in full drag, though I can see how that would be a stretch with the way you've portrayed the characters here. But having the garter tossed at him serve that other purpose later on was a nice touch that turned out fabulously, so I'm not too sad. But what's this about a lilac-haired assassin wielding a gunblade and a black-cloaked inmate with hair that almost shimmers blue, or can we expect to see certain Fabula Nova characters popping up down the road? I'll certainly be tuning in to find out. Finally, thank you for the badass Aerith who's decent in not only magic but also close combat maneuvers. Street smart Aerith should know how to defend herself without magic. Looking forward to what comes next.