Reviews for A Stricken Lament
rolygarcor chapter 36 . 11/10/2021
is this story going to continue? its great so far so I would love to read more
Ronnie11 chapter 36 . 11/10/2021
plz update
GrandmaBeth chapter 1 . 9/5/2021
Any chance of an update?
Sophia the Scribe chapter 36 . 9/4/2021
Ahh! This story! (I stayed up wayyyy to late last night reading it, I blame you for the sleep I lost, lol!) It's so good. So riveting. I love the Ron-Harry friendship. I love the minor characters/OCs. Ron is an awesome Head Auror, and I'm pretty sure the Lestrange in Azkaban is actually metamorph lady. Please update soon!
VDMA,
Sophia the Scribe
brownee15 chapter 36 . 8/23/2021
Another great chapter within an amazing story! I keep coming back month after month to see if there’s an update and reread my favorite parts! Can’t wait to see what Lestrange (or whoever it is sitting in prison) does next and am so excited to read about Harry finally (maybe) going home! Thank you so much for sharing your great story with us!
BingeReader123 chapter 36 . 8/9/2021
I just want to focus on one topic. Finally! somebody addressed the way the twins treated Ron! I'm not particularly fond of their characters because I don't like practical jokes especially the kind that could actually harm a person- physically, emotionally, mentally. Imagine the torment at a young age Ron experienced from the twins. Aside from what you have already mentioned (teddy bear turned spider, acid pop, unbreakable vow), let's not forget that Fred also used Ron's Puffskein for Bludger practice which leads to it's demise.

Overall, the story is still very interesting, this is turning into Sherlock Holmes level of mystery. I love the foreshadowing, hope you could update soon. Thank you for sharing this. Keep safe always.
BingeReader123 chapter 23 . 8/7/2021
I know that the decrease of phoenix' (tears, feather, etc.) price in market is somehow related to the mystery but holy cow, who would have thought that it is connected be Harry? Genius! Absolutely genius, you are!
BingeReader123 chapter 22 . 8/7/2021
I'm soooooo glad I came across this fic. I apologize for not leaving a review sooner, I was so engross in reading this brilliant work of yours. Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm not good at writing a review but it would be a sin not to leave you one because this is sooooo well written...like, are you a pro? Yup, that's how great it is. Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

I thought inserting the scene of Ron petting Crooks is just random or a filler but NO, it leads Ron to something big, something that might help him solve the mystery. who would have though that? *mind blown*.

Btw, I love Ronald, he is my fave among the HP characters. Finding writers like you who value Ron's character gives me reason to still stick with this fandom knowing that this community easily defend and excuse the likes of draco but bash and crucify Ron.

Okay, back to reading the next chapter. Again, thanks so much for this.
HPLHotPNLoTRISotTPPJ chapter 1 . 4/9/2021
Update?
Potterwatch16 chapter 36 . 1/29/2021
When's the next update? I really like this story. How many chapters are left?
morgana's mooncalf chapter 36 . 1/21/2021
Good chapter as always! :) This is the kind of fic that I daydream about and think about even when I'm not actively reading it, and I love that. I should have realised, of course Harry would immediately try to help others at his own expense...lmao he really needs to work on the self-sacrificial thing. I love the irony of him not being able to fly despite being the youngest Seeker in a century – it does actually make sense though since he's never used wings before of course V(I_I)V. I also keep thinking about someone challenging him to a Quidditch match (at some point after he's recovered more I guess) and him just taking them by compete surprise by transforming in midair and snatching the Snitch from right under their noses lmao. I enjoy the interactions with characters like Moira Green; we only get such small glimpses of them but they seem really interesting. Also I think I have an idea what's up with Lestrange but I'm not going to say in case I'm either way off or I get it and accidentally spoil people lol, but put it this way, Ron's assessment of him reminded me of a certain other prisoner... Lisa's remark came out of left field for me lmao (not in a bad way though) I'm guessing that's a hint that will pay off later. I really enjoy Harry and McGonagall's interactions in this fic too! :) I also feel like Harry is, at some point, probably going to have to testify (unless Lestrange gives in), which will be...interesting and very emotionally satisfying but also painful to read on his behalf. I'm also wondering if Draco Malfoy is going to return and either spill more beans and/or visit Harry or something, which would make for an interesting conversation I imagine.
maxisaraviamgs chapter 36 . 1/18/2021
Es increíble tu historia,me tuvo en vilo muchas noches y anoche no dormir leyendo los últimos capítulos.
Me lleno de incertidumbre la desaparición de Harry,
Rabia e impotencia la pasividad de ron al tomar el mando la investigación
Diversión con las bromas de ron a Harry
Tuvo de todo y tengo preguntas que ojalá sean las respuestas a futuro en tu fic.
La primera sería ,Harry seguirá siendo auror o renuncia y va con George?
Tabby será adoptada por la familia Weasley?
Ron seguirá estando al mando?
Muchas preguntas tengo que no se cómo formular
Espero pronto nuevos capítulos y te deseo lo mejor
Éxitos y fuerza
HeRonLove chapter 36 . 1/12/2021
That was a great chapter. Ron follow your gut about LaStrange something is not right with him and something is going on in that jail he looks too good for a prisoner.
thebookworm19 chapter 36 . 1/9/2021
OH MY GOD! that is not Lestrange. It is Serena Rowle, the metamorpmagus. I got it from both the Poterrs comment as she is a bi also lestrange is looking too good and healthy for someone who is in Azkaban.

But this creates the question, Where is lestrange? I can't wait to find out
Mists chapter 36 . 1/8/2021
Loved every part of this chapter! Ron and George's fight was I think my fav though. Also Harry only gaining control of the phoenix in order to be a self sacrificing idiot again. XD Yeah, a lot of people forget the complex relationship Ron had with Fred and how it was different, but still affected his relationship with George. It was really great to see Ron be honest with George so they can now grow closer leading to Ron working at the shop one day. Oh and Moira is now a Weasley. She just told Ron she didn't have anyone, therefore she is now a Weasley. Just how it works! Plus she already likes sweaters, she'll fit right in. Oh, that first meeting with Charlie... oh man! XD And Tabby and Harry's rivalry was just too cute. Harry healing Ron and Hermione's scars was really something too. Although I feel the need to point out the Mudblood scar only happened to movie Hermione. Book Hermione does have a scar, but it's on her neck from the cursed knife Belatrix held to her throat and then killed Dobby with. I'm like 80% sure, just don't have time to look it up right now. But to take it out would really ruin the flow you built so I say leave it but I just wanted you to know. As for for the what Lestrange means by Potters, I'm not sure either. Maybe he means both the human and phoenix versions. Sad the story is ending soon, but glad too. I really hope you write the sequel one day. I need my Ron fix! Oh and over on AO3 there's a story called Clementine by shy-one in the Harry Potter archive. And it's just "chef's kiss" amazing. It's mainly about Harry finding out Dudley's daughter is magic and him coming to terms with years of abuse. But the thing I love the most is the canon way Ron and Harry's friendship is portrayed right down to the banter. It's absolutely perfect and I highly recommend it. Even Ron's quick thinking strategic mind is fully present. Anyway, enough of all that. Loved every part of this chapter, once again. And as always I'm looking forward to more.

Sincerely,