Reviews for Down the Hobbit Hole and Other Stories
SimonJC chapter 5 . 10/14/2020
Very good. Witty and amusing.
Quihi chapter 5 . 8/22/2015
Very fun! This was quite amusing and creative. I love how Smaug was tiny and shy :)
Yukiko78 chapter 5 . 7/24/2015
Well thank you, that one was great!
I like your writing styles, it's very funny and flowing.
I laughed a lot (I'd very much like to see this "Being a Wizard for Dummies")
Mjoern chapter 5 . 6/19/2015
ow Smaugy is such a cutie
Skywolf42 chapter 5 . 6/18/2015
That was fantastic!

Caught a gold... ROTFLMAO

Oh that was wonderful.

And the Sherlock Holmes reference at the end there... Priceless!

And I know people don't often mention funny author notes but I will.
Gift shop... Be that way... Loved it!

I needed a good laugh after all the work I've been doing on my dark fic. It gets a bit depressing sometimes lol.
Saoirse7 chapter 5 . 6/18/2015
Aww.. that was such a charming, fun story! Where everyone lives happily ever after and Sherloc-I mean Smaug has his happy ending, too. :D You said the gift shop was to the right?
Guest chapter 5 . 6/18/2015
Bravo!
Skywolf42 chapter 4 . 6/10/2015
Lmao yes!

You know all I could think of at the end there was Mushu from Disney's Mulan...

Update soon!
Shirerose chapter 4 . 6/10/2015
Oh, chocolate cake with buttercream frosting (the quote at the beginning being the frosting).

And very rich cake it is too, while I must admit to never having much liked the Wizard of Oz, this was a beautiful way of using it. Smaug is reminding me slightly of Chrysophylax (the dragon in Farmer Giles of Ham - a hilarious tale of pseudo knight errantry by Tolkien).

And of course as usual spectacular use of Capital Letters.

I'll miss this when it ends :( But perhaps there will another chapter of The Thread that Runs So True...) Lucy pouty-face please...

Shire Rose
Saoirse7 chapter 4 . 6/10/2015
D'awww... little Smaug. Do they make those in plush sizes at the souvenir shop? I'm now very interested how the rest of this will come about! :)
Saoirse7 chapter 3 . 6/2/2015
Heh heh. Your explanations for Gandalf being needed Elsewhere are priceless. And Gandalf should know to never order anything of importance online! I wish Bilbo luck with carrying out the plan, especially should the Elves come to collect for Dwarf-skins! Update soon! :)
Saoirse7 chapter 2 . 6/2/2015
I love Gandalf referencing his Wizarding for Dummies book, that's just too funny! Though, I'm not sure why the Ring was not magical, but them all humoring Bilbo was definitely entertaining. Poor thing, he will never be the same!
Katzztar chapter 3 . 6/2/2015
hahaha Loved that its not in an Elf's nature to look down and that they get lost in Mirkwood due to blond moments.
Even better is the wizardly business that draws Gandalf away.
Katzztar chapter 2 . 6/2/2015
lol Bilbo's loopy ... He really IS the "Mad Mr. Baggins"!
And we can blame Bombur for it.
Wait... Gandalf is the one to invite all the dwarves to Bag End so its Gandalf's fault!
Skywolf42 chapter 3 . 6/2/2015
Fantastic!

I love all the capitalised phrases lol.
And the reason for which Bilbo wasn't seen. And Gandalf smuggling himself in as a shoemaker, not to mention his line about dwarf skin lmao.

Keep writing!

(The Hobbit was one of Tolkien's first attempts at writing a novel if I recall correctly; he was still learning about the idea of 'objectives' when it came to Gandalf.)