Reviews for Whiskey and November
bunnylikespie chapter 3 . 7/19/2017
Yes. This is exactly what happens, I don't have a doubt about it. And then they run down that hill into the sunset, tearing everything apart while still holding hands. Goals.
Talaraine chapter 3 . 12/15/2016
Heart-achingly beautiful. The way it should have been.
Chaotic Harlequin chapter 3 . 7/12/2016
well done! excellent read and the dynamics between the two were amazing. -C.H.
Chaotic Harlequin chapter 1 . 7/12/2016
excellent start. -C.H.
the-dandiest-of-lions chapter 1 . 1/10/2016
I've read this before, but how have I not reviewed it? Past me is an arse.
This is just brilliant. The action, dialogue, characterisation: perfect. Just... wow.
Hawkefan chapter 3 . 12/13/2015
I love how yo make these two interact. Bravo!
Hawkefan chapter 3 . 12/13/2015
This was amazing! I was completely dragged into the battle, could feel every scream and every explosion. And the dialogues... And Jack/Miranda! All woven so beauti
Vorcha Girl chapter 3 . 10/6/2015
This was a beautiful end to a beautiful fic. I absoloutely love that they came together in such an extreme situation and under so much pressure, but so organically and naturally. It didn't feel forced, it felt very right for the situation. I loved it.

As always your language was beautiful and the way you write Miranda and Jack was lovely. You had their voices nailed down to a T, and the way they acted a behaved was so incredibly fitting. They're both such strong women who have this incredible tenacity. There was no way they would give up, they were fighting to the end no matter what.

I loved this - it was pure poetry and one of the most beautiful fics I've read. I adored it.
Vorcha Girl chapter 2 . 10/2/2015
Another powerful chapter - wow. This was just as beautiful as the first chapter, almost painfully so. I really love your battle descriptions. You capture the emotion, the gore and the unending grind of fighting better than anyone I've veer met. I swear, I just melt into your story and immerse myself in it.

It's great.

Writing this chapter from Miranda's point of view was great. I enjoyed seeing the binary opposition that she presents when places alongside Jack. Two very different sides to the same coin. Both fighting and determined to make it through. She's all about tight control while Jack is all about rage and passion.

This was brilliant - I'm in love with this fic.
Vorcha Girl chapter 1 . 9/30/2015
Gosh, why haven't I read this before? This is absoloutely, mind bendingly, stunningly beautiful. The flow of the story is gorgeous, and your use of language really shook me to my core. I always say you write poetically, but this is amazing. It was unbelievably poetic in the most beautiful and horrible way. I say horrible because even when you described fore and rotting flesh, you did with a gorgeous use of language. Seriously ... I know I'm gushing, but this story has kind of knocked me for six.

I felt like I was there with Jack, from her casual arrogance, to the dawning horror as she realised their situations to the moment when she has nothing left to give but keeps on fighting. It was powerful stuff - incredibly beautiful and moving. She's such a strong character and so few people write Jack well, but I feel like you've crawled into her head in this fic.

I know I'm gushing like a foolish starstruck gal, but wow - this is suburb writing, Orange. Wow.
Morninglight chapter 3 . 8/8/2015
Holy crap, this was amazing! I actually do sometimes ship Jack/Miranda and you've made this work. The ambiguous ending only adds to the raw feelings of the previous chapters and it puts you right in the hell that is the Battle of London.

*takes some notes for her next one-shot*
DragonsDeadAndDancing chapter 3 . 6/13/2015
Has anyone ever told you how wonderful you describe battlefields? No? Well, you describe battlefields wonderful. And dirty, gritty, realistic. Jack's perfect as well.
(And I'll never be able to look at Miranda without thinking 'Icecrotch' again.)
FenZev chapter 3 . 6/6/2015
Just a little change there, eh? I love it though, I really do. These two have been battling the demons of their past and each other for so long, to finally realize that they need each other as much as they hate each other, and somehow that turns into raw emotion? Beautifully written, as always, you are the master of words.
bluemarlin chapter 3 . 6/4/2015
Wonderful ending to this story. Thanks for writing and sharing it.
Asariasami chapter 3 . 6/4/2015
Brilliant. Just fucking. Brilliant. Gah, I can't even form enough words to say. I'm just a puddle of contented mush on the floor. Your words slay me to the core. Brilliant.