Reviews for Harry Potter and the Death Note
WeisseHex chapter 9 . 8/1
This story was HILARIOUS! Really.
LGilbert1982 chapter 9 . 6/3
I finally watched Death Note last night, just so I could read this crossover. I'm glad that I did, not only because the movie was a good one, but because this was a great story. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
LeightonWD chapter 9 . 5/2
Great story thanks for writing
Bryan Dacote chapter 9 . 4/13
Okay I'm not a hate reviewer or anything, so let me start off that first the first half-ish of this story it was very interesting. Seeing a young Harry basically having the near limitless powers of the Death Note and him being a bit too liberal with its powers early on. Killing Snape, Quill, and even the young Voldemort who had successfully killed Ginny. Also due to the dark effect of the Death Note, Harry being led into Slytherine and befriending Malfoy.

But when Year 4 rolled in, that's when this story began to fall apart. With how Harry took no consideration of basically whipping out the Death Note in front of Dumbledore and effectively killing him, I THOUGHT this was going to make some serious waves on the events of the latter half of the story, and even with the immediate problem of the Triwizard Tournament. However all of Harry's problems - except for his ones with Malfoy for a while - became just swept under the rug with no consequence. Harry's original forcing to be in the Triwizard Tournament was due to Crouch Jr just so Harry would be used to revive Voldemort. A character I will get to.

With how the first half seemed to be shaping things up, I was immensley curious how Harry would handle the consequences of his childish actions. However there was none of that. Harry had barely any growth besides knowing that if he used the Death Note too much he, Sirius and Malfoy would be caught. Besides Harry's lack of growth, he was for the first half; in character if however more bored of the events going on than he should have. The clear corruption of his character was there. But again; no consequence to this corruption. Unlike Light whom suffered the consequences of his actions and ego.

Malfoy and Sirius felt horribly out of character - especially Malfoy. He seemed like a shy little girl than the egotisical spoiled brat that he is. Sirius - yes, while in Azkaban and having a very shady family and connections, was very unlike his actual character. Sirius in JK Rowling's novels and the movies at least had a sense of morality and knew wrong from right. You did nail Sirius's love of Harry's well-being but not enough due to how he didn't seem to give much of a damn that Harry had used the Death Note (BTW HOW did he learn of it?!) to KILL DUMBLEDORE! A person who had decades worth of influence on the Wizarding World! Sirius just blows it off like Harry had instead stolen candy from the rack in a convenient store.

As for Ryuk... I can't complain much since he's pretty accurate to his character. He does seem to have a surprising knowledge of the Wizarding World, so it did make him a bit too much of a Dues Ex Machina, even becoming just a blind reason for Harry and Malfoy to have some sort of some meaningless goal just to end in the boys having immortality - which other works of fiction (yes, and good fanfictions) have showed us that immortality is not a gift. It is a curse. But again; WHAT IS CONSEQUENCE?!

Now let's get to Voldemort who was essentially killed off by chapter 3 or so. Now the whole deal with Voldemort's horcrux's is a confusing mess even in the original novels and the movies, but basically they were a method so Voldemort could be essentially immortal by leaving parts of his soul into objects (and in Harry's case; his scar) in this Harry had only delt with more or less 2, and even then he was completely forgotten by Year 5. This is the PRIMARY ANTAGONIST OF THE HARRY POTTER FRANCHISE!

The ending? It felt fitting to this story's utter ignorance of consequence.

I'm sorry, I was really, REALLY loving the opening concept and ideas for this story. But it fell hard and fast into just a story about a crack shipping that wasn't even accurate (or even attempted to be) that happened to take place in the Harry Potter universe.

I will give props to mentioning of Light and Ryuk's "adventures", but really; you'd think Harry and Malfoy would take A LOT more interest in the fact someone else (despite being a muggle) has a Death Note - and as we know by how the anime Death Note ends; Light's identity as Kira is caught by Near and is likely exposed to the world - where even the Wizarding community would take notice.

At least I've learned something in regards to consequences: Don't take fanfiction suggestions from my best friend ever again.

I'm sorry for being harsh, but I'm sorry, this fanfic had potential and it ended in a garbage dump. I'd rather watch the Netflix Death Note movie again than reread this.
WhiteDragonWarrior chapter 9 . 4/1
Great story Thanks for the entertaining evening!
WhiteDragonWarrior chapter 8 . 4/1
*facepalm* this really is an endearing love story surrounded with death. It's cute, and deadly, but cute. I'm enjoying this far too much.
WhiteDragonWarrior chapter 5 . 4/1
You somehow make this all very endearing despite the dark nature of the story.
WhiteDragonWarrior chapter 2 . 4/1
This is highly entertaining.
annasfanfic chapter 9 . 12/29/2017
Guest chapter 9 . 12/19/2017
Jesus Christ. I didn't know I needed this story until I've read it. It was indeed a good, joyful ride ;) Thanks for writing!
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 9 . 12/14/2017
Can't he just do it from a distance? Kill a bunch of criminals in chi a or something, just make them really interesting deaths.
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 8 . 12/14/2017
So no taking the death gods eyes?
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 7 . 12/14/2017
Aw shucks, I was hoping granger had a second death note :) but this works
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 6 . 12/14/2017
I feel like you could have made this so much longer. I'm not complaining, just wistful :) I realize it's all up to the muses and how much spare time you have in your life :)
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 5 . 12/14/2017
Oh silly Dumbledore, don't ever admit anything!