Reviews for In Spite of Obstinate Men
Um, Hi
Im from India, and the swastika is not just a good luck charm, it's a very holy symbol, drawn before yajnas, and any puja we do. So, yup, in a way it can be a good luck charm , but you should'nt forget that it's a holy symbol too.
I actually like the flow of the story, the way you managed to incorporate how Sherlock Holmes and Harry Potter books usually flow. I like it, keep up the good work.
Harrison chapter 6 . 9/12
You know, if the person I was dating's mother turned into a giant flaming bird-like creature everytime I looked at them funny, I don't think I'd be dating that person.
christjp05 chapter 20 . 8/13
Well I picked this story on a whim and was pleasantly surprised and very happy with the choice. Well written. Although with all the build up in the beginning I was gonna I expecting more mystery solving and less just breezing through the plot, but as I said earlier I very much enjoyed the story.
Regarding your annotations, there was times I like them and times I hated the them. Using Siri and the spoken screen option I turn all books into “books on tape” and the annotations can get long but it is your story. Thank if that is what you want to include, Rock on. Gonna take a short break from your cannon then come back Later for sequel.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/2
Thank you for the Foreword. Intriguing idea for a story.
Theta-Writing117 chapter 17 . 7/7
Megamind?
2HoleBitch chapter 20 . 5/15
Beautiful. Great job.
Baby Huey chapter 19 . 5/7
Why would anyone have a problem with annotations? They are infinitely better than providing the information or comment in the middle of the story. If someone does not want to read the annotations there is nothing stopping them from skipping them.
Baby Huey chapter 16 . 5/7
Most Europeans refer to cellphones as mobile phones or simply as a mobile. I have found throughout my travels that only Americans refer to them as cellphones or cellular phones. This was true in the late 90s and early 2000s, I can only assume that it was true in the early 90s..
kessu91 chapter 20 . 4/13
So you took away the one thing he had even in canon, his super high resistance to allure and all other mind magics right after he proved his superior will by clawing his way back from the afterlife... Harry being a largely obsolete little boy acting more like a guest character and not even a side one seems to be a recurring theme in all of your novels.
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 20 . 4/9
A wonderful story here.
Caliban03 chapter 10 . 2/29
Hello! I really like your story so far and will keep reading following chapters as well
But i saw a detail i wished to let you know! Maybe someone else already told you about it and i missed that!
It's about "Lucius Malefoy being in the Board of Governors"! I believe that he was removed from it in the end of the second book

Apart of that, nothing else to "complain"! Thank you for your hard work
and now i'm going back to read the rest lol
Lokken.8 chapter 20 . 2/13
Nice work, thanks for sharing it!
MystiYew chapter 10 . 2/8
Your portrayal of dumbledore is a breath of fresh air, and he's actually human, unlike many caricatures you see in fanfiction.
StormCrownSr chapter 1 . 2/1
Mayne I'm just really thick, my first thought wasn't Poirot, but if you write him in a similar way to canon Poirot, we are in for a story and a half.