Reviews for Holy Inferno Dragon
placid-void chapter 27 . 12/2
I finally managed to catch up with this story. I truly enjoyed your take on, well... everything? Different Sacred Gear. Different upbringing, and even species. The slight changes to the characters to not only make them slightly more realistic in the boob-dom that is DxD, but also grounded and heartbreaking in their own reality. This story hasn't been updated in over a year, but I would still appreciate further expansion of it if you ever decide to continue on with it.
desropter chapter 8 . 12/2
I have no idea of your power scaling. First he fights and wins against the worst criminals in the supernatural world in gladiator fights and now he in completely unable to instantly overwhelm what ammounts to the lowest level of the supernatural world.

Freed, Raynare and her companions were literally the introduction Arc of this world and were incapable of overwhelming a "practicaly" base-line human with a freshly awakened sacred gear. Your Issei whould be capable of crushing them like an insect if you take their past into account.
Not particularly important but this ain't the behavior of a 5 years old, way too little babbling and way too coherent sentences, too much personal responsibility taken like "I will work for it" and etc.
Reader132 chapter 27 . 8/24
Again amazing plez be another update
Reader132 chapter 27 . 8/24
Bro this was an amazing story hope your doing alright, hope your living the best you can
naming Sirzechs as "the Father of Lies" is way too much - he just hold the title and is pretty much self-proclaimed
why care about completing bonds at all when there's such a big risk of going insane and those mates are too weak and it's be easy to get Issei down by disturbing the bond (one or multiple) and then just say that Issei has gone rampage, thus Evil, thus: "let's hunt him down"

sigh, okay, I was certainly disappointed after chapter 8 and 9 to stop reading, but even though i've tried to continue there just stacks so much again and again
what's up with that "you shall not harm them in cold rage" when there's always time and place for that sort of emotions. Containing them deep inside also isn't a way, especially for someone in a world of fights and survival. And Issei is really under a bit threat from many of the stronger beings. While when he contains it all he just loses like when in a fight against Freed.

and that stupid speaking when he should've just fked Raiser up. And they all risked it.. Rias willingly risked her peerage's future just to show herself off (and such for a family affection speech)... She clearly has her priority set towards her place in devil society than her peerage to avoid excessive risks. As I understand, the king figure is still the most important in those games, like with the chess.
you really shouldn't have made the MC's story like that - okay, maybe give him 2 months max in Tartarus from which he could've still behaved like that. I mean PTSD can easily start from whatever single occurence anyway. But 10 years of bitter fighting almost to death and whatever hardest injuries wouldn't state into such a MC. And that considering how young he was and how his mentality could easily mold into something much much harsher (he's spent more years of his life in there).
and there also that he didn't wish to trap someone by the runes... even while he told Kiba that he should play dirty. Why make such a MC when it's that unpleasant to see him doing things.
idk, someplace MC just rages, here he was always holding down EVEN when Raiser told he'd put him for slavery (that's after he's been for like 10 years inprisoned and as a slave-fighter) and rape Akeno
he even suffers from PTSD but then he didn't snap out and used the transformation nor whatever powers there were when fighting Freed for the first time? And that no-killing idea? I believe that after a year of fighting and trying to kill the others in the pit while also getting injuries all over and over again he'd at least wish for them to be dead, even if he knew that wouldn't come to life. Which would mean that he wouldn't be that against it. And considering all those b*tches that got him into the pit, he'd easily dispatch of anyone who is trying to hurt an innocent (Asia) - or how come he got to care about her that much and didn't snap out and go for the kill? There's some strange character-building you've got there.
And the relationships start to annoy even further, on that soil.
Pagemaster96 chapter 5 . 8/22
Okay, I stand corrected on the reincarnation. Spontaneous mutation of the pawns wasn't something I'd considered, and solves one of my largest complaints. As for the current dynamic and how things seem to be going?

You've handled it well, and a fair number of my complaints have been addressed. Still dislike the fact you just went and had him reincarnated, but you've dealt with the details and semantics that would've annoyed me quite well with the pawns and his reticence to the current situation.
Pagemaster96 chapter 4 . 8/22
You realize Issei should be permanently dead, right? A pure human with absolutely no skills or physical abilities of any value whatsoever still cost Rias 8 pawns simply by having the boosted gear. There is no conceivable way she could revive him unless she was magnitudes more powerful than she was in canon.

This isn't a deal breaker, but it is certainly disappointing to see all that build up and character development basically ignored to put him into the same position he was in in canon. You explicitly said you used Artemis as a plot device to kill Issei just to put him in Rias' peerage, but you could've just NOT done that and have him be separate from her peerage and tie him to them simply with his desire to reunite with Akeno. Need him in Rating Games and the Riser Arc? Have Akeno bind him as a familiar that she can summon.

I'm not trying to flame or insinuate that I hate your story, im just disappointed to see another story with GREAT groundwork and immense potential essentially be relegated to forcing the protagonist into his original role.
I hoped that the previous chapter was a mishap but the trend continues
well this is humiliating. And Issei showing off his anger and draconic features only while standing against Rias and not while fighting a pretty desperate and losing battle vs exorcist while trying to protect a dear girl... so lame
this was a clear downside, MC is losing a lot of respect

"If I cannot reach Heaven, then I shall raise Hell."
says someone who got tricked many times in a row, - pathetic speech. "Raise Hell", - he says...
1,382 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »