Reviews for The London Syndicate
What a good story!Please write more.
WelcomeToTheAsylum chapter 12 . 7/14
Magnificent! Exactly the same can't-put-down-ness of the original stories.
Susigolfin chapter 12 . 5/27
After so much intrigue and danger, I wish that in your next story (hint-hint!) You place the little Belgian in a nice sunny park and with a basket full of delicious food by his side, if only before solving some bloody crime. He deserves it (While our good Hastings throws his beloved boats into the waters of a nearby lake ...)
Possible Spoiler
Not to mention the final chapters, with the house of Sergeant Landsdow and the decadent West Lodge Café. The oppressive and dirty environment can easily feel and contribute to our anxiety near the end.
Susigolfin chapter 12 . 5/27
In the case of chapter 3 "Absent Without Leave" the outside atmosphere is very vivid, with its noises (I would almost say with its beats of despair and haste), the commotion provoked by the passers-by and the proximity of the sea ... That chapter especially struck me, with its Trepidating outcome.
First: The Places: I was surprised with the episodes that take place around the house of Poirot. I think it had not been explored much earlier. The streets (lit or not), the parks, even some very sordid buildings. They "got me" in the "clima" immediately, because the descriptions were very good.
Susana-Susigolfin
Possible SPOILER!
Well, now it's time for a global analysis (maybe a vestige of my past profession as a language teacher ...): Places, Time, the Characters present (and absent), the similarities and the differences with the original of Agatha Christie ...
Susigolfin chapter 12 . 4/18
Sentences:
"Poirot cast a piteous look at me that was clearly meant to convey the most blameless of intentions" ji ji ji
"any natural desire to fly off the handle at him was abated" I don't blame you
"Answers would be helpful, if you do not mind!" Brevo Japp (poor chap!)
"Hercule Poirot, you see, thinks of everything." ... and you, my dear, too!
"Hercule Poirot carries on with his mustache and his radiators and his patent leather shoes" This is the best final sentence in any Poirot's story, really.

Soon I will try (humbly) to analyze this splendid fic in its general ideas ... (and I remind you that I hope you never stop write works like this)
Susigolfin chapter 12 . 4/18
Well, where do I start ?
I Dedicate the day of yesterday to read the outcome of this magnificent story. Great day for me I should not have been surprised by the quality, but it surprised me. You surpassed yourself.
The outcome is not only absolutely plausible in a work by Christie, but contains a lot of genuine emotion. All the questions are answered, although some make the poor Hastings!
* The dialogue between Poirot and Japp is brilliant, absolutely in character
* Do not shake your pen to describe very violent actions. Very good!
* It is always good to see working at Poirot Match-Maker (Casamentero) - "Celestino" we would say in Spanish.
* The farewell of the strong woman, who dares to start a new life and dreams of being happy. This is very canonical.
Susigolfin (de nuevo)
The sentences:
"All of my hopes were focused on the assumption that Poirot had contingency plans for precisely this sort of disaster" What a good summary of the whole relationship between H and P
'Do you have some sort of escape plan in mind?' I said, for his actions seemed to remove unaccountable.
'No, my friend, I am afraid not. I am preparing to lay down myself. 'Priceless exchange!
'The plans that you and your friends may have had for Poirot -they have been interrupted. I am not easy to catch as all that. '(Sigh)
Susigolfin chapter 11 . 4/17
My God what title! And what a chapter ! Brilliant (but hard to bear) There must be a sadic vein in the authors, to make the characters suffer (and the readers) so thank you very much for that ...
PS: Now that I think about it, Damme Agatha made it even worse ...
Susigolfin: my sentences
'Poirot, I know that you like to be maddening, but is this the time?' I could not resist it ...
"shining patent leather shoes looked very impractical for our mission ..." adoré!
Susigolfin chapter 10 . 4/8
That the suspense will kill me throughout this chapter! ... Now seriously ... the characterizations of Landsdow and his butler very good!
The preparation for the "final jump" and the growing tension It's masterful, but ... Oh Nooo, yuo can not ... in this way ...
Best Sentences: "Then, enter my bathroom and locate my tweezers, and bring them also...’ So Poirot...
"Silently I strode passed him and up the stairs, feeling distraught with the universe in general" So Hastings...
‘Your command of the English language is always inspiring, Hastings.’ Clap, clap, clap!
Si existiera el Premio Novel de los Fic... yo se lo otorgaria a esta frase: "I finally drifted off to sleep that night, trying not to think about the fact that I could not even find a pair of tweezers in a locked bathroom..."
Susigolfin chapter 9 . 4/7
The long, initial scene is very cinematic and engaging. Eternal doubt: Can you trust the lady? ummmm ...
And the conversation in the end is (as always) excellent.
There are a million doubts left when I finish reading the chapter, and that is very promising.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »