Reviews for Musings
the laughing hermit chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
That was weird. Who was talking through all of that?
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
Woah... Evil. (nods) Pete Ross... It's always the quiet ones...
TNV-Superman chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
!O.O!

Wow, where did that come from! Pete a villian! The story was great, but i think you should of went into more detail with it. You already had the element of shock, suspense and who knows what else. But it really had me going, i had to read the whole thing 4 times for it to set in and actually believe what i was reading! So great job with the story! I would love to see you actually take on a superman fic! It would be great, espeically if its like that!
thapagan chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
wow, I was kinda hoping for a pete ross presidentsy but wow, maybe it is better he resigned. wow
Susan chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
Scary... Nice twist.
Janet chapter 1 . 7/27/2003
I'm confused... Pete Ross is a bad guy? Who's Hope? It's 5 in the morning - and I suppose I don't have the concentration to deal. ;-)
Paul Sanders chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
I found the premise to be fantastic, and the characterization both disturbing and intriguing at the same time.

That being said, I think you should spend alot more time on this story. You have the text down well, and the "inner voice" is distinct and powerful.

However, you are EXTREMELY skimpy on alot of stuff. I'm not suggesting "padding" the story, but rather, adding descriptive detail. As VP Pete Ross is musing about gaining all this power from Luthor, how about describing the Oval office, and how he's going to redecorate?

Or, as he's thinking about his "calculations", how about describing the scene? As in "I can visualize it now. His pulsing anger, his relentless pursuit. He'll chase her around and around the cabin, and she'll give him a good time, but nothing more. Luthor's quaking hands withdrawing from her bruised neck, just as farmboy flies through the rotted roof. Exquisite."

I mean, if you're gonna make him such a bastard, go with it. Don't skimp on this, its original and thought provoking.

Oh, and "President-Elect" only applies to a candidate who, being elected president, has not been sworn in yet. If Luthor was arrested and detained in such a fashion, as this story suggests, then by an agreement of a majority of the cabinet and the Vice President, the VP becomes "Temporary President" until sworn in officially.

If you want more info on the whole President/Vice President thing, email me and I'll explain it better. Good luck, and feel free to contact me if you want further reviews.
avitable chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
This is like reading about Jimmy Olsen being a villain - out of the blue but completely, utterly plausible. Great read!
markmark261 chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
Wow, that was excellent. You did the unthinkable. You made Pete Ross interesting. He's the villain that's so good nobody knows about him. He's like the Keyser Soze of the Superman Family. The only criticism I've got is that the story had to end.
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
Dark and Machiavellian - it's a bit disturbing, but well done.

Tracey
Dante de Troy chapter 1 . 12/18/2002
I like it. No writer has ever spent a great deal of time inside the mind of Pete Ross. Also, a man who's known Clark Kent since boyhood, who knows that he was an olympic calibre athlete in high school, who knows that his wife loved Kent, and who knows that Superman rescued that same wife... how could he not figure it out?

keep writing.
BenRG chapter 1 . 12/18/2002
Conceptually interesting. I agree that Clark is just naieve enough to replace one bad man with another bad man, mabye even a worse man for Lex would never bother to hide his real self from Superman.

It makes ya think. Sometimes the devil that you know /is/ a lot better than the devil you don't know nearly well enough.

BenRG's Rating: 8/10