Reviews for War Games
JanessaVR chapter 10 . 5/18
Hmmm. So many things happening. I was tempted to say that they should have tried to fast track the whole Eidolon situation, but with the Ruin being dumber than anyone has a right to be...maybe table that for a bit.
wow
Yogiri chapter 10 . 5/16
Honestly, the regeneration virus is not that bad in Worm. Doormaker could simply open a portal beneath his feet and drop him into a barren, parallel dimension. There are also many masters who could control him, or Bakuda's bomb to freeze him in time, or Glaistig Uaine using Gray Boy on him. I think Panacea can cure the virus too. Really, there are so many hax powers in Worm...

Also, good job with Leviathan and Simurgh. Too many stories where the protagonist just kills them with methods that shouldn't kill them. I would really like to see Simurgh attaining her full potential.
alaskan-dracolych chapter 10 . 5/16
That... hooo yeah, that's bad news. Still be interesting to see what Ziz does with the ship and her crew, but it's going to be messy. The fact she now had access to the guy with the virus in him is just icing on the cake.
Yogiri chapter 6 . 5/15
About your glossary of terms... technically speaking Dragon isn't the only AI. The Three Blasphemies and the Machine Army can be considered AIs too.
edboy4926 chapter 10 . 5/15
Good chapter.
Caver Floyd chapter 10 . 5/15
That last part with Danny and the mayor was hilarious. Cost the bastard an extra ten percent indeed. And the mayor will go with it because he’ll still think he’s being blackmailed.
Kaiya Azure chapter 10 . 5/15
I'm guessing that even if they were able to clearly communicate with the idiot, he would still try to steal the Simurgh.
Philodice chapter 10 . 5/15
I'm a little lost and will probably have to reread some of the story to catch back up.
Caver Floyd chapter 9 . 2/24
An interesting story, and perfectly understandable even if I don’t know the non-Worm crossover. To be honest, there hasn’t been any downsides to the Hooper virus mentioned besides the fact that it is possible to catch it without consent and the immortality thing taking up excessive resources. Though considering the anti-aging and memory uploading tech that has been mentioned, it seems like a most of Polity’s population have the same problems an immortal would.
feauxen chapter 9 . 10/28/2020
I don't know why I put off reading this story for so long. Well, that's a lie, it was because the crossover was unfamiliar to me. Still, now that I've done some research on the setting of the Human Polity novels I really wish I'd known about them sooner. They're my kind of sci-fi, what with the emphasis on everything being theoretically possible but most of the insane stuff being difficult or unwise. And this crossover has been a delight to read because of that. Worm and Human Polity play well together, from what I can see. Here's hoping they continue to do so. ;D
Guest chapter 9 . 6/9/2020
The shards screw with peoples heads and seek out conflict, on top of trauma the shards give you want you think you want in the worst possible way

So there is no using tinker tech to improve society medically or arcology building and farming and the environment because they are there to make things worse

Conflict is apparently more interesting to read about for most people than post bio/cyber soloar punk post scarcty still I want to read about it

Some think if it goes on like this it's not going to be any different than if aliens conquered/enslavevd humanity we'd be bred to be like dogs who genetically worship our masters as work/herd/guard/attack/lap/etc dogs

Survive-flight/eat/fight/mate THIS is who we are at our core we can't control our nature but we can control our actions

The Undersiders have been victims of corrupt and incompetent authorities
Guest chapter 9 . 6/9/2020
wow
TheChairIsAgainstTheWall chapter 9 . 6/10/2020
Smaug is the best.
Forum Explorer chapter 9 . 6/10/2020
My only problem with this story is the idea of Dragon just abandoning Earth. She's pretty much the most heroic person in Worm who willingly sacrificed herself so a different version of herself could live life freely. And she fully knows that she's a significant presence in keeping the world from falling into chaos.

So I could see her joining the Polity. I could certainly see her wanting to move there after she's fixed things on Earth. I could even see her trying to arrange a planetary scale evacuation to the Polity. But flat out abandoning Earth? I can't see her doing that, even if the PRT openly sided with Saint in trying to kill her.

I would have expected her to mention something along those lines in one of the AI's viewpoint segments.