Reviews for Divided Loyalties
mrspencil chapter 1 . 8/29/2019
Such great dynamics here, and a touching tale of loyalty:-)
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 2/23/2019
This is marvelous — both as a caper and as a story of friendship. I don’t know how I missed it the first time but I’m glad I found it. The dialogue is very clever too, and I love the twist of putting Newkirk in the middle of a Maria story and having LeBeau get them out of it.
Visage chapter 1 . 7/8/2018
What a sweet little tale of friendship! It's never a dull moment when Marya comes to visit, and you did a wonderful job capturing her voice. A great episode worthy plot from start to finish. But what really made this a gem was the friendship you showed between Newkirk and LeBeau. The ending was such a sweet moment and it summed up one of my favorite aspects of the series, the friendship you can see between all the Heroes. Beautifully done. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
Thaddeus MacChuzzlewit chapter 1 . 2/18/2016
Yay! A happy ending for every one except the crummy Versteckt. Don't know how you came up with the plot, but it was awesome. I was laughing so hard at Newkirk's line "Tell them I escaped! Tell them I'm deathly ill! Tell them I got shot! Tell them I got shot while I was escaping while I was deathly ill!"
Book 'em Again chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
This is a really fun story. Marya always brings out the best emotions in the guys and your reactions were perfect – yes, I do think Marya would cause any to drink. Though making her target Newkirk instead of Hogan changes the game. Hogan knows how to play tit a tat with her, he’ll complain, but he knows how. Newkirk that’s a different story and a different level of trust required by our Colonel and you showed that quite well through his thoughts and his conversation with Marya.

Yet, while LeBeau never loses his faith in her, he finds himself in interesting and believable scenario of weighing trust against risk. And I like that the risk of losing a friend wins out in the end. Hogan’s tease of flying pigs was a good way to end that sequence. Especially, since it also signaled the serious part is over, let the fun begin.

I love Schultz here. His line put him back in the cooler line was a great way to reveal what had happened. I also like that Schultz knows that if Newkirk doesn’t want to stay in the cooler there is nothing that will keep him there. Also, I like how the tables are turned and it is Marya who is forced to improvise – though I’m not surprised that she is good at it.

In all, I enjoyed this.
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
I really enjoyed this. Seeing them put one over on Marya (and by LeBeau!) was terrific and a nice change. Great job on plotting the caper.
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
I'm not a Marya fan, but I really liked this story. You set it up according to the usual Marya plot line (and even lampshade that set-up cleverly), then pull the rug out from under her by having LeBeau of all people come up with an improved plan. Nice references to the known backgrounds of the characters (Newkirk's claim to have been a cryptographer, LeBeau's claim about his mistreatment when captured). Hogan is very much in character in his responses to Marya and his impatience with Klink rolling over for Versteckt. You give a good sense of the depth of friendship between LeBeau and Newkirk without getting sappy. And Newkirk's plea to Hogan to not let Marya and Versteckt get their hands on him feels genuine in its desperation, but it also simply hilarious!
Atarah Derekh chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
Ah, so that's how that phrase would sound in Fringlish. Bros before...girls. I'm sure you're familiar with the rhyme.

I am impressed with LeBeau here. He can get so caught up in the moment at times that he becomes completely selfish and unreasonable. Granted, so can Newkirk. And I think it's recognizing that fault in their personalities that allows them to keep one another accountable. It's good to know that LeBeau values Newkirk's friendship more than he does Marya's affections.
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
Excellent story! Loved how it played out between all the characters.
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 1 . 6/7/2015
I loved Newkirk's lines about telling her he'd escaped, etc. Especially the final sentence. *grin*

Lovely story!
janna12 chapter 1 . 6/7/2015
Another good story from you. Thanks very much for a great Marya story. She is a character that has grown on me as I have watched the whole series again on You Tube:)
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 6/6/2015
Very well done, and a nice twist on the usual Marya complication! It was great that even though things hadn't gone according to her plan, she didn't hesitate to adapt to changing circumstances.

Von Siedelberg is one of my favorite Carter alter egos, and you used him to excellent effect in this story. Loved the way he lowered the boom on Versteckt and Klink!

And as always, your depiction of the LeBeau/Newkirk comradeship is humorous, believable and touching. Even LeBeau's devotion to Marya had to take second place!
willwrite4fics chapter 1 . 6/6/2015
AHHH! That was excellent. I was thinking that they shouldn't let Newkirk be put in that much danger for a possible capture of a codebreaker.
But LeBeau! You go, you feisty little Frenchman!
Fortune Maiden chapter 1 . 6/6/2015
This fic is really great! I love how you weaved together a Marya-esque plot, but then gave it your own twist by having control taken away from Marya. And by the person she least expected it from! As I was reading in the beginning, I was wondering whom the title referred to (Hogan? Marya? Newkirk?) and then I got to this line:

"I'm looking for flying pigs," Hogan said. "Seeing as though you're actually going against Marya's idea."

LeBeau was just perfect in this story! And yay for the wonderful reappearance of our good friend General von Siedelberg :D

And great use of the prompt line as well :)
Bits And Pieces chapter 1 . 6/6/2015
Great story, I love your portrayal of Marya! I was worried for Newkirk there, but LeBeau really came through. Flying pigs, LOL! And what a coincidence to have both Marya and a mention of scotch in your story. ;-) The ending was sweet, and I couldn't agree more with Newkirk.

Wonderful story! I loved it!