Reviews for 01-And in Death, We'll Unite
AlinaStarkov12 chapter 1 . 4/1/2020
Hi! I know this is a really old Fanfic so I don't know if your account is still active, but if it is I really want to let you know how amazing this is!
JoshGamerV chapter 1 . 1/13/2020
Hi
Soror Curantis chapter 1 . 10/28/2016
Good job Fahiru!

This helped me enjoy the ending for the book more. It filled up the little hollow space I felt when the series ended.
Serena Clarison chapter 1 . 9/5/2016
This was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I love the Books of Beginning, and I shipped Rafe/Kate so hard! I cried at the end of the Black Reckoning, do this fanfic was PERFECT! Great job!
Nora chapter 1 . 11/5/2015
You have no idea how long I've been waiting for Rafe/Kate fanfic! :D
I loooveed the series and my heart literally broke when he died beacause I ship them soooo much 3
I think your idea of how her life would continue is rather realistic and written great.
I enjoyed it but would have loved it if you would have continued after they finally reunite,but it ended! :(
Request...? :)
Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2015
Very well written, very interesting and very realistic character portrayal! Definitely a good read can't say that it was sweet but a good fic:)
SoSaysL chapter 1 . 6/8/2015
So I kind of read this anyway? I'm a sucker for sad things, so I absolutely had to read it despite your warning. Um, anyway, onto the review...

I particularly liked the line about people finding themselves surprised at having grown old, their children somehow married, and Kate still somehow single. I found it true-to-life in the sense that time does indeed pass quickly - and we may find ourselves surprised to hear where other acquaintances have ended up.

Time for a gossip-info-session! If you were ever to rework this piece, I would return to this part, just to make it a bit clearer as to who's talking and why - yet it does succeed in conveying information without too much description or info-dump.

And here on, especially, I think the writing is wonderful - description of Kate's heartbreak is poignant indeed, but there's also a certain inner strength it takes to keep going, to keep waiting. At first I didn't understand the significance of the bird-man, and what she was doing there - it took the final section for me to see what was going on. In that you have this really intriguing set up - we're presented with this unusual situation (Kate, who has supposedly vanished after a family tragedy) and you fill in the details with loss and heartbreak, but also bittersweet fulfillment in the end.

Really great one-shot, and good luck with week 2!
-L
Aviantei chapter 1 . 6/7/2015
Well, I see we were all going for heartbreak right off the bat, now weren’t we?

Okay, okay, I know you said not to read it if we haven’t made it through the series, but I’m notoriously terrible at following those sorts of instructions, so sue me. Besides, trying to tell a T-Saucer not to read a T-Sauce related work? Nuh uh, not working.

Still, I really love what you did here. I could feel my heart aching throughout the piece, which I assume is what you were aiming for. You can really feel the loss that Kate is going through, and it sticks with you, making you feel her joy and relief and love when she finally gets her reunion.

Also, I adore the quote at the end. It stands for a lot of things: the idea of being reborn when meeting your loved ones, death not being the end, the hope for a new future. Actually, looking at it, we went and did a lot of similar things between our pieces thematically.

The beginning kind of gets me, though. It provides necessary back story, but, while the dialogue is supposed to be elderly gossip (which you pulled off some of the speech patterns excellently by the way), it started to feel a bit stereotypical near the end? I know that’s sort of a challenge when it comes to minor background characters, but just a thought.

Also, mad props for not backing down or sugar coating suicide. It’s not an easy topic to handle, but you faced it head on.

Okay, now that I’ve thoroughly broken your request (I read it, and left evidence in the form of feedback!), just have to say, a good start to the summer. I’ll be dropping in to review your other piece hopefully sometime soon.

Good luck, and may the Sauce be strong with you!

-Avi