Reviews for The Gift of the Meiji
kansatsu-tobikunai chapter 3 . 12/24/2005
LOL! This was SO funny!
That Buggy Girl chapter 3 . 10/6/2003
Tee hee...this is actually the second Christmas story I read recently. I'm glad you remember Kamatari. Most people don't even know his name,

This was funny. Kudos again! _v
Inner Voice chapter 3 . 7/4/2003
This is so funny and silly, I giggled all the way through it! My favorite parts are:

Chapter 1:

Tomoe: "I think Enishi likes his imaginary sister more than me."

[Names were exchanged, then exchanged again, and then re-exchanged due to some

tampering discovered when all the names read Sano, then Cho...]

Soujirou and Okita grinning openly at each other. That would look like some kind of weird mirror image...o_O

Chapter 2:

Saitou: "I am offended by that statement." *shake shake*

[*"Why are you decorating all the cookies

in red sprinkles?"*

"The cookies are weak-"

*"Say no more."*]

[Enishi blinked. "Neechan! Will you smile if I stir the dip? Neechan?"

"Of course not!" Tomoe yelled from the adjoining room.]

[*"Enishi, where did you hide it? No,

I'm not going to believe that it died and you buried it."*]

Chapter 3:

Tsubame having Enishi's name (poor girl, she must have been so scared!), and her smiling- cookie presents for him. Kawaii! ("Nee…chan…?")

Soujirou's Oreos. ("Oro…?" asked Soujirou. "Oro…" replied Kenshin.)

Tomoe: "Oh! A locking diary! I always wanted one of these to keep prying eyes from my thoughts…" *scowls at Kenshin and Enishi*

Kenshin's second gift to his shishou. Hiko speechless with gratitude is a once-in-a-lifetime sight.

And the SCARIEST image ever:

Saitou in speedos. KOWAI YO! *hides and covers eyes in terror*
nanonaneko chapter 3 . 1/11/2003
:) Okita and Soujiro are my two ultimate FAV manga males EVER. And I must say, your writing's really great! Keep going!
Kishi Seta chapter 3 . 1/3/2003
Chee...I laughed again. Hehehe...A few writers could ever do that to me. Nice!

Sleep...I need sleep...

x

Kishi Seta
Kishi Seta chapter 2 . 1/3/2003
Wa! I can't believe I missed this! Stupid Province doesn't have a computer and I was not able to read anything. *Wheeze*

x

Kishi Seta
Rinle chapter 3 . 12/26/2002
Cool! really funny too!

I really love you're stories! Please write more with okita & soujiro, please?
tesuka- chan chapter 3 . 12/23/2002
nice ending! It's soo funny... hahaha!

Oh, i also saw the two towers... it's the best! gollum was the best actor. ahahaha! :P

Well, anyway, yeah! why don't you do new year's? It's a great idea! blow all of 'em up! wahahaha! *evil grin* just joking... oh well. merry christmas! ja! :P
Linda Carney chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
April-san,

I love your story! As always you have

brought a smile to my face and a song to

my heart with your humor. You are a

talented and humorous writer.

p.s. you get a cross-dresser stilletto

heels if course! ;o)
Takato Takaishi chapter 2 . 12/20/2002
Lol...nice chappie...

Hm...5 Author bucks says that Yahiko get drunk before the story is over.

Hey...I just noticed...you didn't include Tsubame-chan! Now who would Yahiko kiss under the Mistletoe?

Maybe you need to get Saitou an X-ray device...that way the presents won't have to be shaken.

Lol...Soujiro and the cookies..."cookies are weak"? of course they are! that¿s why they are so good!

Continue!
tesuka- chan chapter 2 . 12/20/2002
Wahh! this is sooo cute! and really funny! hahaha! Please, continue!

(garsh, everyone's here!) hahaha! _
nekonomiko chapter 2 . 12/19/2002
*coughs* Bwahahaha! Hilarious... mitty and absolutely entertaining especially for a holiday special. All the characters are in their typical mood and Saitou is absolutely kawaii in here! The child-likeness is so adorable... I wanna read more! Can't wait for the present opening time and to know what each of them get for one another... Poisonous fruitcake indeed! *chortles*
Kriska chapter 2 . 12/19/2002
Hahaha! this is much better than the first one I love the gift shaking scene, I don't know what suggestion I can give you coz I'm not good giving one, I'm just going to think of one I'll tell you when I get it K! Update soon! Ja!
Anime no Miko chapter 2 . 12/19/2002
Hiya April-san!

Lol, very funny. Do hurry and update!

-AnM
just a nobody chapter 2 . 12/19/2002
congradulaitons ur fanfic is light and entertaining.

I sometimes get sick of tragedy

My suggestion for the next chapter:

CORNIEST GIFTS EVER

But then I always write bad stories so never mind.

THAT (previous line) is also why I always point out the strong points of a story

I don no How to make it better

sorry