Reviews for Starlight: the Needle and the Sword
bluechicken chapter 1 . 6/5
By the way, the Qwenya name for Hithlum is. Hisilome (with accents)
pinkdoughtnuts chapter 23 . 12/16/2017
This is utterly heartbreaking. Poor Gil-Galad, for both his parents are dead.
But I like to believe that one day he would be reunited with them in the Undying Lands.
Toraach chapter 2 . 3/29/2016
That's a slow beggining of their romance - I suppose :D
Toraach chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
Hi. I like this. Really. I'm not into romance, but I try to read your story :)

The first chapter is good. I like when people write about an elven society in Valinor. That is a good field for imagination.

And the most important. I really don't like Fingon in slash, so I like stories with him and some elven girls :)
MoniAR chapter 23 . 1/13/2016
Loved your story!
Guest chapter 22 . 1/7/2016
I have really enjoyed your story and also think Gil-Galad is Fingon's son.
Fadesintothewest chapter 21 . 12/30/2015
Oh this is heartbreaking. Of course it couldn't be anything but! Don't worry, it turned out great or shall i say so sad. The return of the banner was a nice touch, just dug the sadness dagger in a little more. Is this where it ends or will you carry on this story following Gilmiel and Gil-Galad? As always i enjoy it!
Fadesintothewest chapter 19 . 12/3/2015
omg sooo depressing, but it can't be any other way. Looking forward to the next chapter. And its even going to be more depressing!

Lovely!
Fadesintothewest chapter 16 . 11/21/2015
I actually think the Gil-Galad as Fingon's heir works. I imagine him being an adolescent, 30ish, during the Dagor Bragollach. I imagine that because the Noldor could no longer depend on immortality that bearing an heir would be an important thing for Fingon to do.

Btw, I am very much a Fingon/Maedhros type of person but this story works so beautifully for me.
Fadesintothewest chapter 17 . 11/21/2015
oh goodness that last section just sent chills down my spine because i know what comes next!

I love little Artanaro. Fingon's joy gives me life! I LOVE how the cousins bicker. It is exactly as I imagine them. large families tend to be that way don't they?
Fadesintothewest chapter 8 . 11/20/2015
oh how terribly heartbreaking!
Fadesintothewest chapter 6 . 11/20/2015
oh lovely! I am just sad this tale is going to end, and how!
Fadesintothewest chapter 5 . 11/20/2015
Ah, again so lovely! I love Findekano and Ilmie together!
Fadesintothewest chapter 3 . 11/20/2015
Oh I loved this chapter, so lyrical and beautiful!
Fadesintothewest chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
Oh this is lovely! I really should peruse more often but I usually do my reading at AO3. I love, love, well done women of the Noldor and Ilimie is so well done. Im looking forward to reading this all!

Im older so Fingon as father of Gil-GAlad is firmly entrenched in my view of the world (the other books weren't so readily available when I first read and fell in love with the Silmarillion). Im excited to see where this story goes!