Reviews for A Stitch in Downton Time
Guest chapter 10 . 1/6/2017
Ahhh, very nice indeed! Would have loved to see a Christmas special with George, Mary, and Matthew surrounded by the whole family, and I also love Mary's disagreement with the nanny, to say nothing of Matthew's calming effect!
Anonymous Friend chapter 10 . 12/29/2016
Hello Amelia! Wonderful story. My favorite part is the World War 1 trenches, but you know that! LOL. I love it when he looks in his journal and sees: "It's all real". Everyone thinks he has PTSD, which is a great cover, except he doesn't want to be pitied. Maybe your best work yet.
Apollo888 chapter 10 . 12/27/2016
Finally you return to this lovely story! Such a wonderful moment for them, even with the horror of the war and their memories of the future. Can't we have an epilogue where Matthew somehow reverse engineers the iPhone decades before its time and ends up creating the computer and becoming the first tech billionaire of all time? It was nice to see Sybil considering she was the main reason that Mary came back at all. Well done.
AmeriGirlTN chapter 10 . 12/26/2016
Thank you for updating one of my favorite M/M stories! You know that I've always thought this story has so many interesting possibilities for unique story arcs. Such as, how does their canon story change with the knowledge they gained while in the future.

It'd be interesting to see them making different decisions (such as Matthew remaining at the hospital on that fateful day) with their insights.

A funny story arc could be the reaction of different family members to their supposed ability to see into the future and how M/M start trying to hide their knowledge of the future while endeavoring to keep their loved ones safe. Such as Sybil's untimely death and Robert's burst ulcer.
Just a thought...

Anyway, thanks again. I loved it and look forward to the possibility of future(!) updates.
Guest chapter 10 . 12/26/2016
Thank you for this wonderful Christmas present!
Guest chapter 10 . 12/26/2016
Merry Christmas, a day late and a thank you for the update. Looking forward to the epilogue.
lilyrowan1 chapter 10 . 12/25/2016
Awwww-a lovely Christmas story! I love how you portray them dealing with their fleeting memories, both frightening and wonderful at the same time, especially Matthew at the front. The playing of "The Game" was such fun. And the dance at the end so poignant. Count me as someone who is hoping for another epilogue after the war!
timeandpixiedust chapter 10 . 12/25/2016
What a great Christmas gift! I loved reading the aftermath of their time travel. It was so interesting to see how it affected them. Merry Christmas!
Naniee chapter 10 . 12/25/2016
An amaaazing chapter to end this great story! I loved it! Merry Christmas!
Palindrome310 chapter 10 . 12/25/2016
So glad that you wrote an epilogue! :) Very smart to include some consequences of their time travel like not being sure if it happened and having memories or flashes. I was wondering if they were going to forget everything, it was hinted at the end of the story but I prefer this idea. It makes sense that the stress of war could trigger Matthew more frequently than Mary.

Interesting that they kept a diary, so they could hold to something and keep sanity. It also helps the permanent and physical evidence, I was wondering if they could explain the "premature baby" ;) and everyone but Robert know about it.

Good detail about not wanting to receive a telegram. I liked that they talked about possible regret of returning to their time and that Matthew wanted to enlist because of the impact of knowing how many died in travelling plus war, naturally, they are as uncertain as everyone, because they got a glimpse of the future but have to live their particular present.

Love all the Alice references!
eyeon chapter 10 . 12/25/2016
Loved it! Happy Christmas to you! I hope your friend enjoys it as much as I did ( and everyone needs to read all the wonderful chapters preceding this one)! I do hope there is more! As long as it ends happily! All the best to you in the New Year including lots of time to write!
Camilla10 chapter 10 . 12/25/2016
I did like it a lot. But ... there is more to come?
Stephanie chapter 10 . 12/25/2016
Thank you for so wunderful christmass present. I read every your fanfiction story. Amazing!
dashabout chapter 10 . 12/25/2016
Oh, I do like this so very much. The fact that they share such a secret binds them together so beautifully. An epilogue, please!
Rap541 chapter 10 . 12/25/2016
PLEASE DONT CUT ME OR BURN DOWN MY HOUSE! I AM LEAVING A REVIEW! HAVE MERCY!

I actually quite like their flashes of worry and Matthew's drama queening his mental disarray into some extra leave. They're very sweet in how they have modernized their parenting.

I am sure Apple appreciates your loyalty in time travel devices :)
187 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »