Reviews for A Stitch in Downton Time
Palindrome310 chapter 7 . 1/4/2016
Stitch in da time

I liked the feeling of this chapter, how Matthew and Mary are aware and determined to get back in their own time and, at the same time, realise that they are changed by the experience. I liked the comment that Matthew is going to miss the freedom and I wonder if Mary will be more receptive to change.

It's difficult and sad for Mary to learn that their sisters were outcast, it makes her fears of scandal reasonable. I laughed at Edith as the one who throws her heart away.

I also enjoyed the remembrance of the consolation prize scene as game changer and sleeping in his room bates at Crawley House.
MMshipper chapter 7 . 1/4/2016
Yay. Thanks for a great update. I feel so sorry for the Grantham and yeap, it's time for Mary and Matthew to be back to their time and it would make some good changes for the family.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/4/2016
This is fascinating- love it. I love modern Mary and Matthew and this shaping up to be the best of both worlds- with the 2 of them changing things for,the better. Thank you!
Apollo888 chapter 7 . 1/2/2016
I'll be sad to see them leave modern times and go back, but certainly there are plenty of reasons to do so, and I like how you put more of canon into the mix here, as it would take something powerful such as what happened to Sybil to make Mary want to go back and convince Matthew to give up the modern dream they are living. So pleased to see an update on this story and looking forward to the leap!
Ssnqrq chapter 7 . 1/2/2016
Yeah I love it. A great update. So poor Edith and Sybil. I hope with time traveling, MM can help them out of these situations.
lilyrowan1 chapter 7 . 1/2/2016
Loved this chapter! A perfect balance-humorous, tender, hot, and, heartbreaking. Such a good back and forth about when they each knew they loved the other. Loved them spending the night in Crawley House-in Matthew's room!-and the coversations with Bates's great-grandson and wife. What a haunting image that lonely portrait is-poor Mary! Very interested to see what happens when they go back-how do they adjust, how do they change things? It's hard to believe this is only the seventh chapter of this wonderful fic!
timeandpixiedust chapter 7 . 1/2/2016
Oh poor Mary, finding out what happened to her sisters :( it was a great chapter and I loved that Matthew has the conflict of enjoying the liberties of the 21st century but also wanting to return home! Can't wait for the next part!
eyeon chapter 7 . 1/2/2016
LOL Harriet Jones Member of Parliament! So glad this story continues! So how are the going to get back and then how will the change the future?! I really like the idea that this could go on and on!
Rap541 chapter 7 . 1/2/2016
I like the hideous backstory to Edith and Sybil! And I love that lil certain something! :D But I do seriously wonder how they will get back!
timeandpixiedust chapter 6 . 12/29/2015
This fic is so awesome. I love how they've come to terms to living in the 21st century and how that helped them be together. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Guest chapter 6 . 10/12/2015
I love this story so much! I can't wait for an update! :)
Palindrome310 chapter 6 . 9/20/2015
I loved Matthew's observation that Mary's body language changed the closer they were to Downton, a nice example of the influence of the enviroment. It really show they from their time, it's almost like the house pulls them back. I also foud interesting that Matthew explictily avoided the war exhibition. I didn't think about the effect of their disappearence in the family, but it makes sense and I wonder what happened with them.
DAGuest chapter 6 . 9/13/2015
Great chapter! It was amusing reading M/M return to Downton and the tourists' reaction to seeing them. Although it'd be interesting to see how M/M navigate through their current/future time, their love for their family is understandably pulling them back to their own time. Not surprised that Matthew would want to stay and finish his project with Roger. Very characteristic of him. Wonder how they will return home but looking forward to seeing what other surprises you have in store for them.
Rap541 chapter 6 . 9/13/2015
So I am intrigued at this point because as much as I want the kids to return to their time, I am also intrigued by the idea that people are cosplaying at the Abbey over the disappearences. I also really would like the hideous backstory to Edith and Sybil not being around.

And again... they're assuming they can get back.
Rap541 chapter 5 . 9/13/2015
The sex is tastefully done. :) I am more concerned that they don't know how they got to the future and don't seem to have any concern that getting back might be difficult. Do they know about the rift in Cardiff? Pssst have they noticed MP Jones?
187 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »