Reviews for The Listeners
AvidReader2236 chapter 1 . 2/16
My heart aches thinking of the Dumbledores...
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 6/27/2016
Aww I never thought about how this experience would have felt for Hermione and I really love the way you've written it. I think the saddest part was Hermione realizing that she was forgetting things - tiny things - about her parents. I feel like people don't often stop to think about how tragic it must have been for Hermione to wipe her parents' memories; I mean, it's one thing to Obliviate someone you don't know, but your own parents...asdfgjaslf. And the way Hermione felt herself beginning to choke up in response to Harry's reaction was spot-on :'( Loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/20/2015
This was amazing! Spooky, but perfectly so.
mellifluous aria chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
This was absolutely lovely! Your writing, as usual, was amazingly beautiful, and you portrayed the atmosphere of the town and the supernatural someone extremely well. :D
zedille chapter 1 . 6/13/2015
I really enjoyed how atmospheric this was - you did a great job with your prompts and adding it back to the original text from the book. Thank you for the read!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 6/12/2015
Wow, that was wonderfully portrayed—Hermione's perceptions of it all were just extremely gripping, the sense of fear and paranoia, of *someone there* was extremely strong. And it was all very nicely written and described, you turned the scene from the book into something that felt very new and unique. Well done! :D

Just two little typos: "truly expected Ronto come back" and "and immediately and spotted" :)
thosedarndursleys chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
Oh my goodness. That ending. Gah!
This is absolutely beautiful :) The only way I can think to describe your writing - especially in this piece - is that it's enchanting. I was captivated all through the story and I really didn't want it to end. Fantastic job, Lucy!
TheDrabbleOfBlue chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
Great job! Almost took over my horror work with your supernatural genre story :D *Shivers*
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
Lovely, but so sad.
kitana415 chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
You should change your name to 'Cliff Hanger' or something along those lines...

I cannot post this review without telling you how VERY excited I am for Great Deeds Vol II. Hopefully, the summer hols will allow you to post twice or thrice a week... Just saying/wishing :)

Your ability to give readers a different perspective of moments we've already seen is akin to watching a prima ballerina dance a much loved piece: familiar yet refreshing.

More, please.
AmazingGraceless chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
I liked reading the graveyard scene from Hermione's point of view. Well done, Lucy.
BurgundyHope chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
Haunting, beautiful-I think you fulfilled the prompts brilliantly! Wonderful job :)

(also, I can't wait for the next installment of Great Deeds! :D haha)
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
Ooo, creepy! This was such a scary scene in the book and you (and the poem) really captured the same mood here; you've used the poem to good effect, and I especially liked the extra detail of linking it to Hermione's dad and her starting to forget her parents. Beautiful description; great foreshadowing from the very first paragraph all the way to the last line, and as always, fantastic weave of canon and originality. That is one of my very favorite things about your writing, the way you include canon and then expand on it without contradicting it. Best line: "Another breeze was rippling through the graveyard as they gazed at the grave; Hermione shivered and looked at Harry, but it didn't even ruffle the thin hair of the Muggle man he was impersonating." Favorite line: "Once ... Hermione could find nothing else to prepare, they made the trip." :D

Seriously, hon, this is some of your best writing!