Reviews for Refined by Fire
N16 chapter 25 . 6/15
This isn't what I was expecting, but I liked it. It felt like a very hopeful note to end on. Because of the choices they've all made, that disaster is averted before it even begins. Great story! I had kind of wandered away from canon-era fics, and now you've pulled me back!
N16 chapter 21 . 6/15
Loved this glimpse into what life looked like during the between time, with Merlin in hiding but still helping! The glimpse of how they work together, and also the glimpse of where their friendship is during all of this. It's a weird and wonderful place, where they rarely see each other after seeing each other ALL the time for years, but they're still growing together.

I'm usually not really a fan of episode retellings, but I've loved these so far!
N16 chapter 20 . 6/15
This was fun until the end, and then it took a powerful turn. For Arthur to realize the unlikelyhood of a permanent victory, but to understand why it world be worth it to keep fighting anyway... That was really beautiful.
N16 chapter 19 . 6/14
Damn straight, he belongs in Camelot at Arthur's side. What a satisfying ending!
N16 chapter 18 . 6/14
I don't think I've ever read a fic where Morgana dies before Morgause. I was surprised in the best possible way. This was such a sad final chapter, but so hopeful as well!
N16 chapter 17 . 6/14
One more chapter before the epilogue? *checks the chapter count* Did something get away from you in that final chapter? ;) (Guess I'll find out... )

"And Merlin stayed quiet.

Which was new also, and Arthur allowed a moment's diversion to think, maybe a good bit of Merlin's babbling was the underlying tension of his secret. To distract himself, as well as whoever he was with. And that made him wonder about the moments of quiet they'd shared, whether Merlin had achieved some measure of relaxation in his presence, illegal secret or no."

This was so... I don't even know the word. It captured so much about their relationship and what Arthur is realizing about Merlin as a person and about their friendship thus far. It's just beautiful.
N16 chapter 15 . 6/14
This was perfect. The reunion was perfectly lacking in dramatics. It was just about them, and it was beautiful, and it gave me so many wonderful feels. Thank you for making the wait worth it.
N16 chapter 14 . 6/14
Darn it, I 100% intended to cut myself off after this chapter and go do something productive, but then I read your AN and now I have to keep going.

Love how Arthur is slowly realizing the truth about Morgana. And I love how the earlier events of s3, especially Cenred's attack, are weaved into the story!
N16 chapter 12 . 6/14
This whole thing was just lovely. Gwaine fixing Hunith's fence? Hunith confiding Arthur? Merlin getting a sweet moment with his mother? So many good feels balancing out the painful angst.
N16 chapter 8 . 6/13
Gwen telling Arthur that Merlin was proud of him made me cry. As in, actual literal tears. Damn.
N16 chapter 6 . 6/13
Yay! NOW I have something else to celebrate! But poor Merlin, thinking Arthur was angry with him as he died! And poor Arthur, when he comes to his senses, thinking he failed Merlin. Hopefully he'll find out the truth sooner rather than later?
N16 chapter 5 . 6/13
So. Many. Feels. And I'm loving how you're writing Arthur! (No surprise there...)
N16 chapter 4 . 6/13
I definitely cheered when Gwaine showed up. Yay! But that's really the only yay. Everything else so far is ouch. :*( I can't wait to see where you're going to take it!

(Also, I know I still owe you a reply on your last message. Life has just been crazy. But I haven't forgotten!)
the seaworthy muffin chapter 19 . 4/15
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH, oh my god! You write the scenes and characters so beautifully. I usually don't read extra chapters but I'm rushing off to read them for this... :)
the seaworthy muffin chapter 13 . 4/14
This story is so well thought out! Loving it :)