Reviews for Great Deeds: Volume II
shelllessturtle chapter 55 . 10/28
Okay so I've been ravenously reading this and going way too quickly to breathe let alone stop and review but I figured it's been more than twenty-four hours since my last review and this is the end of this volume so here's a quick summary of the state of my emotions:

-*eternal fangirling*

-The mocking of Gilderoy Lockhart is proof that teachers have The Most Fun

-Your lovely writing has inspired me to write my own Minerva-centric fic and seeing as A) I would be content to writ about Minerva McGonagall being the best person on the planet for the rest of my natural life and B) I have literally one other work that flows as easily as this new fic, I legitimately cannot thank you enough.

Okay, is that everything? *checks notes* Yeah, that's everything. I'mma go back to my cave and read more now.
SecretFruits chapter 55 . 10/28
Loved it. Can't wait for volume 3.
I always did wonder how all Sirius's old friends must have grieved at his betrayal. That must have been so hard...
SecretFruits chapter 53 . 10/28
Oohhh this chapter has me absolutely melting. I loved when you said that the response was "so very like him" - because it really was, and then thinking about how much Hagrid has suffered was heartbreaking.

But then the ending was so happy, and I'm so glad for Hagrid that he can have what he always wanted, and all three of them are just so perfectly adorable and in character. Seriously, I'm so melting right now.

One small thing - in the middle of the chapter, you have Minerva thank Pomona...should she be thanking Hagrid?
Thebigsnail chapter 55 . 10/20
Aaaaaa! Loved it like always! I would go on and on, but you already know what I would say. ;) Off to start the third volume! :D
Amy chapter 55 . 8/28
I have just recently discovered your amazing work and have been reading it non-stop over the last few days - it is like reading the lost works of JK Rowling, that's how perfectly you have captured the spirit of the characters! I loooove how you have developed Minerva's character, and her family and relationships. Your blending in of canon has been just awesome! I really, really, really hope you are planning to continue - I am truly addicted! :)
zedille chapter 55 . 8/28
The peacefulness and quietness of these two chapters really emphasize how hard the next several years are going to be for everyone at Hogwarts! Oh dear, oh dear...

Considering the inevitable and considerable shift in tone, splitting off the story would probably be a good idea. If you're hesitant to split it now, you could also wait till the end of GoF - I think that also makes sense as a tipping point in the story. There are lots of security precautions in PoA, but the beginning of GoF becomes upbeat again (well, sort of) with all the excitement around the Triwizard Tournament. My two cents!
keeptheotherone chapter 55 . 8/28
Well, reader-me thinks more writing from you is always good! But writer-me figures you're hardly intending to rewrite the entire series, and this /is/ a good breaking point. What do you think? Do you have lots of ideas/inspiration to keep going?

Fav line: "Within her own head, Minerva had long since put Sirius Black to rest, far from the place in her heart where she had held the Potters, perhaps, or any of the Order whom they had lost all those years ago-but he was long buried, even if he hadn't died."
SecretFruits chapter 1 . 8/26
This is lovely story thus far. I really love how you write Minerva.
Cat chapter 55 . 8/23
I just squealed embarrassingly and clapped my hands. I love these McGonagall family reunions so much. I think it would be nice if this was the breakoff chapter too and a Volume 3 gets started, just like how Volume 1 broke off after the defeat of Voldemort and Harry becomes famous, you know?
Sine chapter 55 . 8/23
I know I'm shitty at leaving feedback, but I so enjoy your stories.
Please please do make a volume III (and IV and V and VI for that matter).
Evangeline Dartmouth chapter 55 . 8/25
Chills at the end! Seriously! You make us really believe Sirius Black is a dangerous criminal like Book 3 convinced us he was until the end- Minerva's thoughts about him were spot-on, especially "then she realized it was something very like rage, mingled with a protective kind of fear." Lovely

I do like the idea of a Vol III- in fact I was expecting you to do one. If I may make a suggestion though, it would be to finish Book 3 in Vol II and do Books 4-7 in Vol III (since that's when things really start to get darker in my opinion). Of course it's completely up to you- you know I'll be here to read it either way
The Unnamed Avatar chapter 55 . 8/24
I WOULD LOVE THE IDEA OF VOLUME THREE! And also, this chapter made my eyes tear with the whole family feelings and the start of all hell breaking loose this coming year!
sanityisaminordetail chapter 55 . 8/24
I literally got a chill when I read that Sirius Black escaped. [Of course, we know he's good and all, but still!] Poor Minerva. She thought she had a break. Great dialogue!
sanityisaminordetail chapter 54 . 8/24
Awww... I love that Minerva identifies them and has such memories of them. It makes all of the HP characters seem so connected. xo Mel
ThatSuperHotSexyBookWorm chapter 55 . 8/23
Guess who's back, back again!

Oh my dear Lucy, I had a quick break for final exams and it ended up being near 18 months! I was still getting your alerts, but yesterday afternoon when I was finishing an essay, I got an email alert for this chapter and decided enough was enough: I was sitting down to read this.

Simply brilliant, you always capture McGonagall so well. I can't wait for the next update.