Reviews for Run With You
Tbaby13 chapter 29 . 7/17
Woot, woot, time to hit up a long string of death scenes for Rose and some Timmy boy.
Oh, and I love Jack's POV.
Tbaby13 chapter 28 . 7/12
I like this 'in between' the whole year that never was stuff. Especially how Martha and Rose are doing the same thing but kind of tackling different perspectives to connect with everyone.
Can't wait for Tim to show up soon. 3
Tbaby13 chapter 27 . 7/6
Jack's happiness and love of the Doctor's and Rose's relationship is so beautiful. As is his defense for rebuilding Torchwood for them.
Time for the ladies to take on the world!
Tbaby13 chapter 26 . 7/5
Ah yes, when everything is crazy and no one knows what's happening.
You did a good job writing this so the anxiety and worry of everyone is really clear without being overstated.
Tbaby13 chapter 25 . 7/2
The way Jack gets so concerned but also kinda hopeful when Rose says something happened to her that day is entirely precious and entirely sad.
Mandatory 'I love Jack' comment here.
Tbaby13 chapter 24 . 7/1
I love Rose and Jack's relationship so much and you write it splendidly. Just Jack in general really. You capture him perfectly and he's the bomb, so it's all just fabulous.
Martha, seriously, stop trying to get into people's stuff without permission.
Tbaby13 chapter 23 . 6/19
That was a pretty good Martha-realizes-they-were-a-thing-and-realistically-slowly-comes-to-accept-it kinda thing going on there.
Dun dun duuuuuuuun. What a great cliffhanger. I am so pumped to bring Jack on board.
Tbaby13 chapter 22 . 6/19
I quite enjoy all the times they - or just Rose - meet a new Doctor. Fun comparisons and spoilers.
Tbaby13 chapter 21 . 6/7
-Oh Tim. My brave beautiful Timmy boy. I love Tim.
Tim's ability to have his car doors open before they get there – now THAT is an important life skill.
-"Also, there's aliens bombing the city." Haha, I love how that comes second to 'gross, cut out the PDA'.
-Overall, I love the way you changed these episodes to be more recent and fit Rose in instead of that other lady. Good good stuff.
Tbaby13 chapter 20 . 6/6
-I'm glad it was the casual (accidental) hand holding that turned Rose and John into an item. That seems so very them.
-Yessss, first contact between Tim and Rose. I'm now remembering how much I love what their relationships becomes so this is exciting.
-Maybe she's not flirting, Martha, jeez. Maybe that's just HOW SHE SMILES.
-Duct-taped wrapped pen with a blue marble. This is the only way I would ever want to cosplay the Doctor now.
-Oh man, I hope Rose gets to pull some fight moves on this alien's butt.
Tbaby13 chapter 19 . 6/5
-It's funny since now it's Rose who's the one with knowledge of aliens and knows what's going on and has all this confidence while the Doctor is just a lovestruck goober.
-TIM! Tiiiiiiiim. Oh, I forgot about Tim and how great he is. Ha, and the 'language' thing.
-It annoys me that Martha's trying so hard to get with a guy that's not going to exist in a couple months? And that she's mad at Rose just for showing her face? And her attitude in general? Meh.
Tbaby13 chapter 18 . 6/3
-Your disclaimers continue to amuse.
-The Doctor is smart. At some point, you stop splitting up no matter how effective it is. Sometimes you just gotta stick together cause there's scary crazy stuff going on.
-Oh my gosh, Martha, you can't just try bedroom door handles without KNOCKING.
-I appreciate how you write the romantic scenes in this because you're descriptive enough that I'm getting the characters' feelings and personalities through their actions (and some good, well-deserved-for-them romance), but not /too/ descriptive. ;)
Tbaby13 chapter 17 . 6/3
-Tsk. If the Doctor or Rose had said just another thing or two and been a TAD clearer when Rose gets the pox, Martha would know they were together already.
-I like how easy it is to tell when Rose is angry just by her speaking (mostly because she starts calling people 'mate', but still, it happens like every time so it's a good indicator).
-*Squeals* He said the cheesy Gallifreyan words for the first time!
-"Oh, I'm not letting you anywhere /near/ number eight." This is funny because of 1) the chapters that eight shows up in later in this series and 2) the other story you wrote featuring an eight that didn't regenerate with Rose.
-I just, I really like Rose's tiny little lines and conversations that you've added in for her within what's normally in the episode.
Tbaby13 chapter 16 . 6/2
-Haha, I love the reference to the horse still being aboard the TARDIS somewhere.
-That was a very healthy make-up chat. Communication is the biggest key to ANY relationships, folks.
-I'll miss Nine, you write him great. 3
-And now I must go read that one-shot of Nine giving Ten a chat!
Tbaby13 chapter 15 . 6/2
-Yeah, good point, Rose really needs more friends. She has no one to go to at this point when she can't talk to the Doctor about something (*cough*like him being the worst*cough*).
-I really admire Rose for choosing to leave at the beginning of the chapter. Like, that is definitely not want she wants to do but is what she needs to do to keep a healthy relationship or get to the point.
-This line: "You made it clear that this is YOUR ship. And more so that you really don't need me. Just...somebody." That is a goooooood line.
-This line too: "Actions speak louder . . . and his screamed." That is so clever!
-Also, with this chapter particularly, the way you describe what's happening and what certain characters are noticing simultaneously makes it read as if I'm watching an episode of Doctor Who. For example: the Doctor is still talking to the Cuplas but Rose is discovering another TARDIS. it is very, very well done and super interesting.
-You write both Nine and Ten excellently—their characters come across well and I can easily hear David and Christopher speaking their lines in my head.