Reviews for Mass Intelligence: Close Call
WPUrchezem23 chapter 31 . 11/5
hope you continue, will follow this story to see if you do. it's entertaining so far in the story.
Sullenwhitedevil chapter 12 . 6/26
I do agree in some ways on Shepard being a good tactical commander, however I would not say she is above and beyond close to such an extent, an example I said in a previous review is that the mission to get liara showed that Shepard's pride and arrogance I would go so far to call it shows that it can and will get in the way such as not bringing any ranged support to deal with that sniper when her team is practically medium to close range oriented, it's not like the game where you can only bring 2 squadmates, she could have at least fit even garrus into it, and on small scale things I can see Shepard having somewhat of an advantage but at the same time not to much in comparison to close, he showed he is capable of leading just like garrus is, but as the shadow broker files showed they are in the shadow of Shepard, not because she is so good but because of her being famous for a lot of things, and on the command thing honestly if your commander is proving to be incompetent or just being purely Petty and childish to the point it puts your squad in danger, they are not fit to lead. On a final note back to what I said earlier on small scale commanding Shepard has somewhat of an advantage but on a larger scale it feels like close has her beat big time, and if given a chance and some time I think much garrus they can be an equal to her if not surpass her as commanders
Sullenwhitedevil chapter 9 . 6/25
Glad to see Shepard is actually getting her head out of her butt and realizing that if everyone else is fine or on good terms with close then her being overly suspicious and just agressive with him was not needed, not to mention if he wanted to pull some he would have done something quite some time ago, and on a side note Shepard is kinda a horndog? She seemed in one thought in her head in the previous chapter kinda attracted if not subtle about being attracted to him, kaidan knows her well enough and maybe with him though I doubt with the wording in comparison to garrus and liara. Now for a nice bow on type for Shepard to apologise and then close as well, though I think in Shepard's case should be also to the squad for acting as a bad commander because of her pride such as the liara mission having no ranged support and potentially taking hits if not getting someone killed, and on a side note you said close was a lover? Who did he do it with?
Sullenwhitedevil chapter 7 . 6/25
Liked the chapter, however I'm surprised he is still attempting to try and be friendly towards Shepard considering for example as Shepard was talking to chalwas she was actually going to try and shoot him, sure he had a plan for that but what if the plan somehow failed and she actually managed to shoot him? That and the fact Shepards pride and authority seem more valuable to her than actual tactics again because as she hated to admit it close salvaged that mission with the snipers to get liara, honestly as a commander you would think that she would have tried to at least cover that weak point of the team a little, she needed at least someone for ranged support as in a sniper like garrua or close, yet at the same time as you said she is a major hypocrite when it comes to others authority or pride, not to mention she ignores the fact that yeah he is lying but maybe he is doing for just causes considering everyone else seems for the most part not against him, and what was that about to be a lover lol who did he do that with?
Sullenwhitedevil chapter 6 . 6/24
I generally like the idea story because you tend to add twists to ideas other fic writers have done with mass effect, I especially like how you basically showcase how much of a hypocrite Shepard is at least paragon Shepard, however I can see this coming to a head and truly trusting close because first impressions really stick, and for example you could later on make it so the crew eventually is split when close and Shep come into major conflict and then everyone is all picking sides, one thing I don't get is why didn't close for example have a stealth ship of his own built with for example having actual cloaking capabilities just in case things with Shep don't go to plan or for example goes completely against what happened in the game story wise just to spite close and close begins to realize Shep isn't the Shepard of the story and he is going to have to do it himself which potentially would mean killing Shep before she really screws things up and make sure it's enough so Cerberus can't bring her back, and on romances for close please don't tell me Shep is getting shipped with liara because it's either her or Tali and honestly most fics I have seen tend to have it so the OC or self insert get paired with a human mainly Ashley which in all honesty has gotten old or an oc asari instead of liara, Samara or even morinth for that matter which are all well done and badass characters that do have somewhat deep characters, many use the excuse of not hooking up with an asari because of the meld and reading your mind but for example if you earn liaras trust I doubt she is just going to blab to everyone about your secret especially if you don't want it to be known, so if you get a chance please pm of who the pairing is that way I know and don't get disappointed about it, I still intend on reading the story I'm not one of those people who drop a series because my ship didn't happen
IanDalgleish1 chapter 31 . 5/21
every time i scroll past this story the pairing keep changing i stg
Laaazyyyy biiiiitchhhh

Continue your story guddamnit
mckertis chapter 6 . 2/28
Games ? What games ? So in your universe Bioware made the games that predicted the future ? They invented Turians, and then Turians just happened to exist ? You really suck at explaining what the fuck is going on.
Nikkless chapter 1 . 1/3
would have liked it better if the mc was from our universe
healao123 chapter 31 . 12/6/2018
..will this countinue? i hope it does.
IamKroGan1 chapter 4 . 11/5/2018
Your Shepard is an ass so far.
D72 chapter 5 . 10/30/2018
The whole "My deep and complicated original character has a corporation behind him" is not a unique concept. Most SI's either have a company backing them up or a mysterious benefactor.

That being said, the mysterious benefactor trope gets SUPER annoying as the SI's tend to bemoan the fact that the "Random Omnipotent Bastard" has stolen their life to put them in extremely awesome video game land.

Those SAME moaning protagonists also do everything they can to keep the plot exactly as it was, as not to disturb "the butterflies" which is another term that deserves an airlock.

Rather than coming off as enigmatic, Close comes off as smug. That being said, Shep aiming a gun at his head and pulling the trigger should probably have him replacing her with the Cerberus clone from ME 2 who essentially had a calculator in place of a brain. He might need the symbol who is Shepard, but this Shepard is STARTING as a liability. And they haven't even hit choppy seas yet.

SO! I like the character, I like that he keeps the mask on, unlike everyone over at marvel, I like that he is proactive about getting things done, and actually seems to have a path set out.

Thank you for writing this.
Graymar1 chapter 31 . 9/9/2018
Could you do a timeline leading up to the events of mass effect game cool story by the why hope to see more
FromTheUnknown chapter 11 . 8/5/2018
My god he should leave... Shepard is making everything much more difficult then things should be, he'd get much more done on his own with his operatives. It's just getting irritating to see their interactions together..
Unsated Explorateur chapter 31 . 8/5/2018
Awesome story, love when you don't spare on the nitty-gritty details of your canon, yet keep a sense of humor while you're at it. Keep it up, I'm a definite fan!