Reviews for Keeping Secrets
ziggy3 chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Just browsing and came across this again- how rare these days to find something so beautifully written and so tenderly expressed. I do hope you are still writing somewhere, and that this gets to you.
Nachtwelt chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
So very well written.
Doesn't Gimli even say "It's a little thight across the chest" in TTT Movie?
I will never see that scene the same way again.
Really good work here with Eowyn, too.
Marta chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
Oh, I really liked this. Until the very end it was just another very nice character piece - a first-rate exploration of Eowyn's character and motivations, but not fundamentally different enough to stand out from the pack. But the end, the revelation about your Gimli, is not something I would have ever imagined. Truly clever, and touching! This is a really nice read, and refreshingly unique.
Evandar chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
Like your other Fic, 'Sapphires set in Diamonds' this Fic intrigued me and was very well written. I've not seen anyone else write this twist on that pairing.
dokichan chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
I love it. REALLY love it. It's a great companion fic to 'sapphire's set in diamonds'
wellduh chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
*blinks* *twitches* ... that is wrong on so many levels... I had to go back halfway through to see if I'd read it wrong.
I will never see Gimli the same way again, THANK YOU SO MUCH. Augh. But... *gives in, grins* yeah, fine, that was oddly fun. Never really thought about it that way.
Dreamiflame chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
Eowyn and Gimli! Lovely. It is possible Gimli was a woman, after all.
Iona chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! "It's a little tight accross the chest", indeed... I really like this Gimli daughter of Glóin! Moreover, you've portrayed the very essence of Éowyn.
Featherveil chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
well, well, well. good story, good characters... but where is the slash? unnecessary warnings are like untrue ads - to some. write more please
RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
:-) I love this fic!
WatcherChild chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
This was so very clever! I didn't pay very much attention to the strange hints in The Two Towers, but after reading this, I did wonder about Aragorn's beard comment and then that comment about getting it adjusted at the chest - strange that it wasn't the stomach...

Wonderful!
Arwen Imladviel chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
Just perfect! Your Gimli has both luck an P. Jackson on her side! 'Tight at the chest' indeed!

Ever read Pratchett? An irony writer who had a dwarf named Cheery change her name to Cherí...

Seriously speaking, you touch the core of Eowyn's existence.
Celli chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
I really liked this. You made it completely real for me; I think my next viewing of TT will be in an entirely different light. :)
Am-Chau Yarkona chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
A good story, Deborah! I hope you write more about this female Gimli- I'm intrigued by what you're doing with the character.
Badgerlock chapter 1 . 12/27/2002
Goodness, Deborah.. What a beautiful little twisting! I could never get enough of your 'gender-bending'. :)

As much as I disliked the movies horrid version of Gimli and his interaction with Eowyn, you just made it seem better somehow. My intrest in the female-Gimli is definitely still there, thought I do concider it AU. But good one as that. Very nice touch on the (in the movie) mentioned shiedmaidens of Rohan; how could they have not been fighting? In that way the feeling here reminds me of that of Robin Hobb, actually and her way to handle her characters.

All and all, a challenge well answered. Thank you for the experience!