Reviews for Favorite Things
So.
Good.
SO GOOD.
AStampedeOfChickens chapter 4 . 12/26/2020
Beautiful prose. I love everything about this story. Thank you so much for it!
CharlieIsAGod chapter 4 . 11/21/2020
I enjoyed every word of this. Your ability to string together a sentence is impressive; the use of your vocabulary is astounding! I was looking at some of your other stories on your profile and noticed you're from Germany. If English is not your native language, then I'm downright embarrassed by your mastery of my own language while I flounder to form a coherent thought.

Thank you for this piece. You had me giggling and smiling to myself all the while. It sucked me right in and left me wishing for more. I do hope if you ever decide to release your own novel, you'll perhaps keep us little people posted. ;)

~Charlie
Shiun Shigure chapter 2 . 7/20/2020
I was rereading this and the "hey, whoa, what's that all about, fellas? You wanna play, or what? Oh, we're gonna play!" made me laugh hard.
S chapter 2 . 7/3/2020
Oh, the scene with the fat lady in it was hilarious! I laughed so much. I mean, the entire plot is funny, but that scene is just amazing.

The language and style of writing is charming. I just had to slow down and read each sentence carefully as it doesn’t lend itself to speed reading, but that’s the charm of older English, isn’t it? Really enjoyed that. Don’t know if that’s your style of writing. Will have to read more of your works to see.

Okay, let me go read the remaining two chapters. Thanks for writing.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/1/2020
Oh, to be their ages again... But to know what I know now!
Wouldn't it be nice? Just think of the choices we would be more careful about.

I truly have enjoyed your stories. At the time you wrote them you had no idea a pandemic was in your future, and the entire worlds. We are in isolation and if we go out we wear masks.

Your stories have blessed my life and kept me sane in these terrible boring times. Thank you so very much!
flying-octopus chapter 1 . 7/1/2020
A lot of fanfic recommendations point to this particular fiction when asked "what sweet stories are available with HHr pairing?". I must say those suggestions are valid ones as I find myself enjoying it quite immensely. The characters, though a bit OOC, can be believable in the context of the story. It has a pleasant pacing as well.

However, and as a number of reviewers may have had also pointed out, the fic suffers not only from verbosity but also a sense of stiffness with its word use. I feel this may be one of the central points that the cast appear so out of their characterization. Understandable that you are writing in your own style and flavor but if it does harm on the readability of your work, it's best to drop the thesaurus and use simple words. Quite frankly, instead of increasing the quality of the work, it made it feel like a product of a novice who feels proud in what words they know anr/or used.

Though, again, quite enjoyable work you have produced. I do thank you for the effort you spent on creating this literature.
Harry Black Potter chapter 4 . 4/17/2020
Greetings Stanrick,

hehe, this fanfiction has a very self-explanatory title for sure. Indeed, "Favourite Things" belongs into the "Favourite Fanfictions" category of mine. It's a light hearted fic with a lot of heart if that makes any sense. You truly have a knack of portraying the relationship between Harry and Hermione incredibly well. They are just such a good fit as a couple and you really succeed in highlighting the chemistry these two have.

I applaud you for coming up with the idea of using a simple piece of furniture as a tool to shed light on the evolving dynamic between Harry and Hermione. Although, I'm sure I'd be in for a serious scolding if these two ever heard me desecrate their "divine thingy" by using such heretic language. God forbid!

That being said, the location and the feelings associated with the place are a wise choice. I always had a soft spot for the common room and it serves as an adequate foundation for your plot: cosy and relaxing armchairs, a prominence of the warm colour red and of course an accompanying fire place. During the Christmas holiday you can even add privacy to that list. These elements combined conjure up a mental image with highly positive connotations. The conveyed emotions are almost palpable, latent and smoldering at first before burning bright during their intimate kiss towards the end.

Well done! Special thums up for the "stand off" scene where they both hit the ground after running. You managed to turn this clumsy situation into a romantic one really fast! Moreover, Trelawney was a pleasant surprise in this one. I liked how you made her give Harry an "O". I guess the "O" might also stand as an abbreviation for a certain Academy Award

Thanks again, it was a very enjoyable read!

HBP
Shruthiiii chapter 4 . 2/16/2020
Such an adorable cute fanfic 3
Linkin-Phoenix chapter 3 . 1/21/2020
In certain respects this is silly and sweet.

In others it’s too wrapped up in its own verboseness. It’s too proud of its own vocabulary. This feels more like an attempt to show off how many words you know rather than trying to tell a good story, which at its heart it is.

I’m trying really hard to enjoy this, but I’m struggling because the vocabulary is a barrier to entry.
Renny236 chapter 4 . 12/16/2019
This story was a delight. The competition, our duo’s unintended double entendres, all the pop culture references...I loved it all! And both the scenes with Trelawney had me laughing out loud. Actually, Harry’s elocution prior to exiting the classroom led to such a belly laugh that it ended in a choking/coughing fit. (Which is why doctors recommend avoiding belly laughter during cold & flu season.) Smashing job with this...another instant favorite.
Concolor44 chapter 4 . 12/15/2019
Magnificent.

The slow burn. The absolutely delightful turns of phrase and bon mots. The excruciatingly precise attention to detail.

All these and more you have crafted into a true masterpiece.

This goes immediately into Favorites.
Concolor44 chapter 3 . 12/15/2019
This is just marvelous!
PeacefullyJos chapter 1 . 10/18/2019
I love your way with words. I love it so much.
PrettyFlackoPink chapter 1 . 3/30/2019
so beautiful. As much as i love stories with build up of the beginning of their romantic relationship it always makes me want more when the story ends so quickly after it (the first kiss being probably the soonest) so I would love to read a second part for this story. Just wanted to put that out there