Reviews for Favorite Things
EJ Daniels chapter 4 . 1/5/2018
A wonderfully enjoyable tale to say the least. The end was expected but none the less delivered the cheek hurting smile it was meant to when read. I rather enjoy your style of writing for it is much better than most on here (meaning no slight to them at all). I find it to be rather professional grade. Well done! Well done indeed! Many thanks for sharing this with us.

Kind Regards,

EJ Daniels
tyrannicpuppy chapter 4 . 12/8/2017
Wow! That ending s so intense.

That is certainly one very special chair they have there.

My heart is pounding after reading that, it takes me back to my own first kiss, which as lovely as it was can't hold a candle to that.

Your writing is exquisite and I'm going to have to explore it further.
tyrannicpuppy chapter 3 . 12/8/2017
*le gasp*

Scandalous! What was Katie thinking?

I really hope that Hermione just choose to enforce the usage just to spite everyone.

Nobody ever does stubbornly refusing to see the facts quite like Harry and Hermione.
tyrannicpuppy chapter 2 . 12/8/2017
This tale continues to fill with delight.

Their competition is just so adorable. And I do so love a good football reference (unfortunately us Aussie's have a traitor masquerading under the guise of football as well, despite it being played mostly with hands).

I've not smiled this much while reading a fic since the Ice Rink scene in The List.

Thank you so very much, this is already firmly in my favourite stories.
tyrannicpuppy chapter 1 . 12/8/2017
I had no idea a tale about a chair could be so riveting. I've been grinning like the Cheshire Cat throughout this entire thing. I need more, and thankfully, there is more, so now I continue this adventure!
xNaruHina chapter 2 . 11/29/2017
Hermione is a hypocritical lying talking about cheating and underhanded tactics. I do not like her at all in this chapter.. .-.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/16/2017
Oh my God, I think I might just have discovered my favourite HH story of all time! There is nothing that isn't utterly perfect about this! A slice of complete deliciousness.
Rcik chapter 4 . 11/3/2017
awesome story dude! you should really consider a career as a playwright!
Myth n Magic chapter 4 . 8/29/2017
So, how much of this did you have to read out loud to make sure it made sense as much as it did in your head? LOL Thank you for this fun little read - you captured the essence of Harry and Hermione's relationship (although I think that is enhanced by Daniel and Emma's chemistry as well, to be honest), in a writing style I haven't seen before. I could actually see this as a scene between James and Lily as well - which just adds a bit to the whimsy of it all. Bravo.
TheMonitor1079 chapter 4 . 7/31/2017
I absolutely love your use of language all throughout this.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2017
Oh, and great allusions with a hilarious mixture of high brow and low brow. The opening paragraphs unfortunately are a bit convoluted, though. I like the allusions and the over-the-top philosophizing about the chair, but it becomes rambling and incorporates some run-on sentences (and extra prepositions).

On the other hand, THIS is positively brilliant and caused me to guffaw:
"Well," she retorted, a bit flustered, "how am I supposed to ever come first when my way to the finishing line is longer?"
There was a pause of some vague significance between them.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/18/2017
Lots of fun. Don't pay attention to the reviews complaining about your vocabulary: the erudite style is loads of fun and reminded me at times of a movie with a voiceover by a very serious and pompous narrator who nonetheless is describing ridiculous things (somewhat Pythonesque). It is, however, a little OOC for Harry in particular at times, even granting the silliness of the premise. I see you try to cover for it toward the end with Harry's inability to recall the vocab of Hermione in describing the chair, but early on Harry frankly sounds a bit too smart.

There are some minor issues with word usage, but the most prominent is "empyrean tangency," since you reference it repeatedly. I don't think "tangency" means what you think it does, and though I know both words, I don't really see how "empyrean tangency" makes sense as a compliment to an armchair (even as a silly or hyperbolic compliment).
jon reeve chapter 4 . 6/14/2017
/Oh, I thought it was based on that song, silly me. Cute and fluffy.

Thanks for writing.
jon reeve chapter 3 . 6/14/2017
/They're so cute.
jon reeve chapter 2 . 6/14/2017
“... his eyebrows almost shaking hands.”

/... I like you.

“... , determined to remain appropriately miffed for the time being.”
/Hm, yes, lol. People do do that, don't they?

/Also, the two above were from the last chapter, but I mistakenly excluded them from my previous review.

/Seriously, deletable? That's verry telling, Mr. Potter.

“... Sybill Trelawney marked down an O for Outstanding on her parchments next to the name of Harry Potter with trembling fingers, her heart all aflutter.”

/Hm, yes, very funny. It wasn't an lol, so I'm still good! That devilish Harry; sending all the witches' hearts aflutter.
171 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »