Reviews for Reaping Affection
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 2 . 11/10/2008
RINCEWIND! Death is going to set Susan up with Rincewind?

Has he gone quite mad? Not that Rincewind isn't very sweet in his own way but is he Susan's type?
Tasha-Susan chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
this is really good can't wait to read the rest i have this story on alerts now. You capure Susan really well.
Shiro Ryuu chapter 2 . 7/30/2007
Oh, woe is me! The unfairness of it all! Why oh way did you give up on this fic?

(I mean, I’m assuming, I suppose it ~did~ take you four months to write the second chapter, but you know it’s been a ‘touch’ more than four months since then...)

Actually, it’s not as if I’m keen on this pairing or anything. But I’m sure, with your writing, you could keep me interested. In a strange way I suppose there is actually almost some logic to it, even without knowing that Rincewind actually met Susan’s mother (I haven’t read any of the Wizards books except Color of Magic, heh). It was fun, and I’m adding it to my C2 even if we ~will~ probably never get to find out how it ends :P
Milen Cassandra Riddle chapter 2 . 3/26/2007
This is one brilliant story. Have you considered updating it lately or is it on hold permanently?
grey eyed blond chapter 2 . 12/22/2006
well, it's passable. the charaters are vaguely in charater, but i dont need to read the rest of it when you update, as i can see you probably won't, because you spilt the plot already. yawn. i don't think i'll be checking to see if there's more.
Lord Marshal Riddick chapter 2 . 10/30/2006
It's a good story, and the concept entices me. Are you ever going to update this one again? Because I really would like to see where this is going.
V-ACT chapter 2 . 8/13/2006
*Pokes with a stick to see if the author still lives* Don't go into the light! Seriously, though, you have been slowly killing me for three years by leaving it at such a point in the story, and I desperately need to know what happens next!
V-ACT chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
This story has inspired me to write my own tale with this pairing, and I dearly hope it is updated soon! I have reread it everyday since the last day it was updated! Yes . . . I am pathetic.
Do - Not - Fear - the - Reaper chapter 2 . 8/12/2006
Three years ... Please update! I beg of you, I've been having dreams about it-I think I'm going into denial...
Do - Not - Fear - the - Reaper chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
I have been following this story for a long time, and am deathly afraid that it is dead! Please tell me this is not so, as it is the best Discworld fanfiction I've read yet!
Gentle Reaper chapter 2 . 8/10/2006
Okay! Hopefully, this shall be updated soon, but until then I shall just work on my own story.

To amuse myslef, I have been thinking up reasons on why the Rincewind and Susan would work as a couple!

1.) Rincewind is a wizard (no matter how inept he may be) and wizards can see Death.

2.) Rincewind is scared of Death more than anything, and while I know this may seem like a detterent to the pairing, I just can't resist the delicious irony of Rincewind ending up related to Death and vice versa, since Rincewind does vex Death somewhat with his inability to die.

3.) Both of them just want normal, average lives.

4.) Both are quite intelligent (what with Susan being a teacher and Rincewind being so gifted with languages.)

5.) He's a born-survivor, so he'd be able to handle a relationship with the grandduaghter of Death.

6.) Both know the value of common sense (Rincewind demonstrates this by trying to stay out of danger when most others try to goto it, and Susan is sensible by the way she was raised.)

7.) Rincewind is one of the only few people to ever visit Death's Domain.

8.) I'm going to skip this reason out of fear of summoning Bel-Shamharoth from the Dungeon Dimension.

9.) Both have careers in teaching (Susan being a teacher and Rincewind being the Ergregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography at the Unseen University.)

10.) Rincewind has ridden one of the horses of the Horsemen.

11.) There's the life-timer thing with Rincewind, as you mentioned; but even if that wasn't there, I don't think the age gap would have mattered much considering how mature Susan is-and then there's the fact that she's kind-of immortal in a way.

12.) Because you got me hooked on this pairing, by god! Do you have any idea how weird it was for me to read Thief of Time (what with Lobsang and all) when I kept thinking of Rincewind.

13.) I imagine Death would be protective of his grandduaghter (you think the big-brother/protective-father act is intimidating, imagine Death) however, Death personally knows Rincewind (by name, as it were) enough to engage in pleasant conversation with him, such as in Interesting Times.

There you have it! twelve reasons (not counting #8 since I added that mainly because I couldn't resist passing up the chance to make the reference to Discworld lore) on why this pairing rocks besides the fact that I proclaim that it does so.

Please, please-oh pretty, pretty please!-update this soon? I've been waiting over two years, but I shall continue to wait as lond as is needed.
Gentle Reaper chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
This story is absolutely amazing. I want to say that you should not feel ashamed for thinking of this pairing, as I have thought up quite a few reasons on why they go so well together.

You have inspired me to write my own story of this pairing, and now I find myself reading through the Rincewind books rapidly to absorb all the content of the wonderful character.
Anonymous chapter 2 . 5/25/2006
(Don't feel like logging in.)

I must say, this is pretty good. Passably well-written (though you often put "it's" instead of "its") and definately IC enough for the most part. I'm actually extremely interested in finding out what happens, so WRITE. NOW. OR ELSE.

FaintlyAlarming chapter 2 . 11/30/2005
I like it.
Azeroth chapter 2 . 8/30/2005
Ahoy! I'm the asylum-escapee from the last review! You know, the Death thing. Don't ask me why I did that, I just felt like acting weird and indulging my desires for insanity. But all kidding aside, please do not allow this story to fade into obscurity. This is actually something I can see Death doing. You seem to have a knack for keeping the characters in-character very much, and this has to be my favorite story on the site. Plus, as strange as they sound, I find the coupling of Susan and Rincewind that is implied very intriguing for some reason . . . Plus it would be amusing to have Rincewind actually become related to Death, what with all the times that he spends trying to avoid him. Doesn't he realize that everyone's favorite anthromorphic personification is just lonely and wants a friend? But if Rincewind were to become Death's grandson-in-law . . . the possibilities for giving the poor chap conniptions fills me with glee. So please, please update.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »