Reviews for Bioshock Infinite: Mr Smith
DeadlyNightshade97 chapter 8 . 10/30/2018
This is FANTASTIC (pun fully intended :3 )
I love how you have the Doctor pointing Booker in all the right directions while still following the game’s plotline. I especially like how you’ve incorporated the TARDIS into some bits to speed things up or evade trouble.
Meeting Elizabeth was hilarious, and you’ve got the Doctor’s quirks downpat! Very good so far, excited for more :) No worries on hurrying though, I can understand how mixing two series that are already complicated on their own could be challenging.
The End Writer chapter 1 . 11/4/2016
Nice story. Personally I would absolutely LOVE for the twins to interact with the Doctor.
9/10 (Because small, little, grammatical errors)
lc2 chapter 5 . 10/21/2016
Wow! This is so good! I was getting into the story! Please continue!
Guest chapter 5 . 5/28/2016
Please update soon.
James Birdsong chapter 5 . 3/29/2016
Awesome but please spell the word waste correctly next time. Waist is a different word than the one you were trying for.
Dracomancer1 chapter 3 . 2/17/2016
(For chapter 5)
I'm absolutely thrilled with this chapter. I love how it's firmly in the "whimsical" gear, that flavor of the Doctor Who experience that deals with wonderment, with one's world being flipped upside down and all around and the realization that the universe is way bigger than one realizes. I could also really feel the characteristic enthusiasm and mania of the Doctor as you wrote him. Really spot on. Glad to read your works again.
hyperdragon97 chapter 5 . 2/17/2016
Awesome chapter! So glad to see you back in the swing of things!
terracannon876 chapter 5 . 11/5/2015
Hello! To start off, I really enjoyed reading the first few chapters. I'm not sure if you're still interested in working on this, but I did read the "chapter" after this one and noticed you were (2 months ago at least?) still looking for ideas?

With crossovers, I guess you have to think about two things. Are the events going to be the same as in the game but just with the doctor tagging along (like a second, friendly Elizabeth I guess) or will they change with the doctor's presence? And, if the latter, what would change? Presumably as beings outside time and space, the doctor may know Lutece and they're just keeping up the charade of unfamiliarity for Booker's sake.

I wish I could help more, and I'm happy to chat with you about this, but since I never played Bioshock Infinite nor have I ever watched Doctor Who, I can't come up with plot ideas off the top of my head.

Good luck, and thanks for writing!
hyperdragon97 chapter 6 . 10/13/2015
Here's a suggestion for beating writer's block: work backwards. Start from a plot point that you know needs to happen, then think "How did the characters get there?" For example, Booker will have to get a SkyHook at some point, but since the fight at the raffle doesn't happen, he needs to get it a different way, such as from a dead officer. Who killed the officer? Maybe it was an attack by the Vox Populi. Why did they attack? And so on. Personally, I think the easiest way to get a SkyHook would be for the Doctor to procure them "offscreen" so to speak.
cybresamurai chapter 6 . 9/18/2015
I enjoy this story but I'm not to good with ideas my self. Keep up the good work!
Potatofanfiction chapter 4 . 9/15/2015
You should try to have the Doctor and the twins interact; after all, they are both travellers.
Dinosaur Imperial Soldier chapter 6 . 9/8/2015
How soon if they met Comstock and Elizabeth?
Dracomancer1 chapter 6 . 9/8/2015
I can help you out. What kind of ideas you looking for? Specific or general?
Dracomancer1 chapter 5 . 8/16/2015
Hmm. Well, if you're having trouble writing scenes or plot points, something you could do in the meantime is try to better understand the characters. For the Doctor, read or watch some material involving him that you've never seen before. Get in his head, find out what makes him tick and how he would react to new things. For Booker, try researching the time period in general, that means politics, ways of thinking, and prominent cultural trends. In particular, read up on the Pinkertons, the massacre at Wounded Knee, and army life and chain of command in the 19th century.

At the very least, this should make good use of your break from writing to give you a general sense of how characters will interact and what conversations they will have. Another possibility is that you'll be inspired by some facet of the Doctor or Booker's character, or even a combination of their personalities that would motivate some new event, to develop scenes and plot developments.
I hope this helps. Either way, I eagerly await the next chapter.
whiteicewolf chapter 4 . 8/9/2015
This story is awesome! I've always wanted to see how the Doctor would affect the Bioshock world, not to mention seeing the Lutece twins are amazing! I can't way for Booker and the Doctor to meet Elizabeth, anyway update soon!